• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wow and then some.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I am very sorry to hear that Muley. Our daily prayers will now include you my friend. I am on the Bone Marrow registry. Our thoughts and prayers fo out to you and your family.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Brian, I have had a few of those moments the past 24 hours also. I just visited old John who is battling cancer and still working every day to help others. The folks in his burn clinic are enduring a lot worse suffering than me. I will fight this battle like so many others in my life. If my god wanted me he has passed on several chances to take me already. He gives good directions if I slow down and open my mind to follow them. Maybe restarting a friendship with John is one of them. I know the folks I spoke with tonight were a good reminder to me that this is just another bump to slow down and get over. Looking forward to starting the shots and whatever needs done this coming week. Have some Amish friends coming to cut my woodpile tomorrow so I don't have to worry about that. Other things will fall in place as they are meant to be. If I continue to help others who are suffering my pains will be lightened and bearable.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If my god wanted me he has passed on several chances to take me already. He gives good directions if I slow down and open my mind to follow them.
Oh shit. We're in the same boat... sort of. He had the chance (many, many times) to take me but His directions were ambiguous. Therefore I endure.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Today was the wife's turn to haul the parents of the girl who got scalded. She will be helping them with the wound care and dressings when the girl comes home later today. The boys who are cutting my wood will help put the extra seat in the suburban so the injured girl can have the center seat for her and mom. One of the Stotzfus clan from Lancaster who has been studying with John is also going to come stay with them for a few days. Wife and the Amish neighbor lady want me to start studying with John for herbal and organic treatments for the leukemia. I must say he looks better and younger than when I last saw him about a year ago. I will try to catch up with him this week and at least discuss things. Also have to get the first shot Monday morning to fight the anemia. As my dear friend PG told me in a post that was lost: Onward and upward! Beside that I figure when I am real active any more bad cells will have to run faster to catch me.:clap::clap::clap:Wife took them over some of her herbs and borage cough syrup and they were impressed with it. Between me last night and her today we have the Amish ladies using the electric stove and the microwave and other electric tools in the kitchen over there. That is my humor for the day.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Went and had a blood test as usual. That will be every week so they know if I need the shot. Today the count was just above the minimum so no shot. Doc went all over me again checking for lumps in the armpits,groin and stomach cavity area. Just like the doc ladies did 2 weeks ago at Strong. I don't know what they are looking for but even all the nurses were extra,extra nice and asking how I am feeling and am I troubled by the diagnosis. THAT is a little scary but like i told them, I ain't that bad off yet! They liked my current weight loss once they found out it was from me exercising and dieting.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds good Muley. At least you didn't have to have one of those shots. :thumb:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds good Muley. At least you didn't have to have one of those shots. :thumb:
$900 a shot! WTF. I don't know what is so special about them but they call the pharmacy and it gets hand delivered.:wow:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thought it was time for a little update, So far I have not needed any of the shots. My analysis sheet shows a small improvement in all my blood levels since i started this. They seem more excited than me at the cancer center. Could be some of these herbs and veggies are helping. Been eating more fruit and salads than I ever have. Even been eating dandelions in my salads. Going to plant some spinach soon and that is great in salads. I had to increase my rat poison from so many green veggies but even that is stable enough to go every other week like the blood test. Go back to the cancer doc in Elmira at the end of May and if things stay the same I will go to once a month testing. Next I go the 3rd week of June back to see the ladies at Strong. They told me my sister is too old to donate. That is a shame cause she had the same blood type.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Great to here the positive news Bill, sorry to here your Sis doesn't qualify to be a donor though. Eating healthier and thinking outside the box with natural things around you, damn sure cant hurt anything either. :wink:

Hang tough, and you'll whip it like the tough ole mule you are. :wink: :flowers:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Great to here the positive news Bill, sorry to here your Sis doesn't qualify to be a donor though. Eating healthier and thinking outside the box with natural things around you, damn sure cant hurt anything either. :wink:

Hang tough, and you'll whip it like the tough ole mule you are. :wink: :flowers:

^^^^^
What he said! :flowers::clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Been busy but thought I would update things a little. Since having the first shot back in January my cell counts have been very slowly improving. They get more excited about .2 of a number than I do. As of this past week I don't see that cancer doc till October and my blood test are dropped to once a month. He told me whatever I am doing to keep doing it. Guess some of this veggie stuff is helping. I still like my meats but have cut down on quantity and frequency for eating it. Actually am liking more just vegetarian things. I have an appointment with the lady docs in Rochester on June 19th. Don't know what all that will involve. Aside from some pain when I overdo things I have been doing better than I was last year at this time. Trying to stay positive about whatever comes. Saw this the other day and thought it said it pretty well.:biggrin:

Attachments

• positive.jpg
    positive.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 167

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
That's good news there Muleman. Like the Doc said, keep doin' what ya doin" I'm sure mother is happy with the news as well. :biggrin:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Good news Mule. Now go stack some wood, it's good for what ails ya...

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Not today. I woke up after less than an hour last night with a pain in my right shoulder. Must have laid on it wrong but it hurt even after taking a pain pill. Never did get back to sleep. Today I carried a case of canned cat food in from the car and it flared up again. So I have been goofing off most of the day. I did manage to break my pool filter handle.:whistling:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not today. I woke up after less than an hour last night with a pain in my right shoulder. Must have laid on it wrong but it hurt even after taking a pain pill. Never did get back to sleep. Today I carried a case of canned cat food in from the car and it flared up again. So I have been goofing off most of the day. I did manage to break my pool filter handle.:whistling:

As my grandfather said the only time you don't brake something is when you aint doing noting
and in a second breath If it broke while you were working you need a different technique.

Kane

Great news from the doc's, muleman! With your attitude, we all know you're gonna beat this thing.

Sounds like you've got the plan, so just lay off doing stuff you know us old farts shouldn't be doing in the first place. Do a lot more of that goofing off.

All the best.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
But if its up for 4Hrs or more seek medical help (at least that is what they say on TV)

A female doctor told a buddy of mine that, "If you have an erection that lasts for 4 hours, you need to call me immediately". In reply he told her that he would but she'd just have to take a number and get in line. He said that she actually swotted him round the ear with his file folder. :yum::yum::yum:

mak2

Glad to hear you are doing well muleman.

Back in the old days in the ER we wrote patient diagnosis on a white board by the patients name. Another patient had gotten a very bad diagnosis and we had called the chaplin for him and the family. Our chaplin on call that night walked up behind me and asked me something about the patient she was looking for. THen she noticed the word priapism on the white board by another patients name and asked me what it was. I responded very matter of factly it was an erection that lasted too long, usually considered 2 or more hours. It kinda took her aback for a second, then she seriously looked at me and said, "that's a problem?" Eh, I thought it was funny.