• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My Lap-Band Journey

loboloco

Re: My Lap-Band Jounrey

Good deal, Litthium. Hope everything goes well. Please do keep us posted.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter

Wow! I had totally missed this thread! Congrats and good luck! I have a friend that is going through all this now... it's a challenge, but well worth it!

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Don't go out and buy a new scale yet or stay off of it after surgery my wife got on it yesterday for the first time and only lost 5 lbs post op I told here I was going to put it away for 3 months :yum: she said that was ok because if I did she wouldn't feed me for 3 months:sad:, so I guess the scale is staying.

So I guess she has the rock and I had the scissors.

tom

Lithium

Im not getting a scale yet...lol I have one at work I can use every day...lol

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hit Rusty in the head with the scale and throw them both out! Good luck girl!:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Lithium

I have a date!!!!!!! AUG. 10th!!!!!!!! 28 days and counting....:yum:

Now the endless battle with my employer not wanting to let me off also saying it is elective.....although I have a note and a family medical leave till Nov. so Im not sure what she is gonna do...:glare:

Lithium

So here is the plan.....

7/20- appt with dietition to get protien shakes :sick: for 10 day diet...:neutral:
7/26- appt with surgeon and to sign surgery papers
7/30- Start of 10 day protien shake diet- NO SOLIDS...I can have jello, beef broth, chicken broth and popcicles....:glare:...all just to shrink my liver
8/10-:clap::clap: THE BIG DAY :clap::clap:

Lithium

27 days and counting!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_mkyQbdFng"]YouTube- Christina Aguilera- Beautiful (with lyrics)[/ame]

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You go girl! Rusty could stand some of that shake diet also. Instant breakfast ain't bad if you mix it with good vanilla ice cream. I did almost 2 months that way and shrank down almost 50 pounds in 1991. The fact that they wired my jaw shut and had screwed my upper jaw back on helped a little also!:whistling:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter

hey Bill :slap: :whistling: :yum::yum::yum:

From my experiences in 1991 I highly recommend instant breakfast with ice cream and milk in a blender. I lived on that stuff for a couple months along with soup and a few other things. Shrunk me down to 190 lbs. from about 245. Then they unwired my jaw and I started eating and drinking again! :yum::yum::yum:

Lithium

I love coming home to rusty- he is the only one I can talk to about anything and he still loves me...lol