• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My Lap-Band Journey

Lithium

I started my journey Jan 2010. I have not had the surgery yet but I am looking to have the surgery done in Sept. I struggled with weight all my life. I am done...So in september I will have a fillable band placed around the top of my stomach. I am writing on this forum because I just need to tell someone, this has mostly been a secret... Only a select few people know- not enough to count on one hand. People can be very judgemental about this sort of thing. My mom had gastric bypass about 2.5 years ago and has lost nearly 200 pounds. Rusty is very supportive with this and that is very important to me. I have completed 6 months of classes regading the surgery and have been researching it for the past two years. Not only that but I have been poked and prodded by every kind of doctor you can possibly think of...Things should go smoothly.. So thank you for being part of my journey... I take my life back in about two months.. woo hoo!!!! :clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: My Lap-Band Jounrey

My good friend down the road from you had it done 7-8 years ago. It literally saved his life. The biggest thing is that it is a total lifestyle change. Once you embrace that it can have very positive results. Good luck and thanks for posting this. Bill:flowers:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

I am glad for you. Things will be tough at first bit will her easier with time. :thumb:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

:D Keep us posted Lithium once you have the surgery and feel like sharing.
You're a very brave girl.
Hugs

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter

MRs Rusty thanks you for the flower, Bill! and as you know, love, i will support you no matter what. even if it means, (sigh,) giving up the grilled foods i love for a while. LOVE YOU

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Yes keep us posted. We'll be here with you.

Lithium

Thank you for all your comments and post. I know this is a lifestyle change but I am ready for it!! Maybe not so much ready for a 10 day liquid pre-op diet among other things but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Thank you for all your comments and post. I know this is a lifestyle change but I am ready for it!! Maybe not so much ready for a 10 day liquid pre-op diet among other things but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.
Beer is a liquid!:clap::clap::clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

From my experiences in 1991 I highly recommend instant breakfast with ice cream and milk in a blender. I lived on that stuff for a couple months along with soup and a few other things. Shrunk me down to 190 lbs. from about 245. Then they unwired my jaw and I started eating and drinking again! :yum::yum::yum:

Lithium

Ok so very happy today!!!! I had my last surgical consult and now my information gets submitted to the insurance company. Due to the holiday it may take 2 - 2.5 weeks to hear anything. Then I will schedule my surgery. I am so tired of seeing so many doctors- the past six months have been very stressful. Now its a waiting game. I will be on the phone next week every day with the insurance company...:smile:.. They are going to hate me...:yum:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter

I've read lots on this.. and i found it is the safest - best choice. I'm here supporting you 100% as are everyone! The insurance can be frustrating.. but keep your goal in mind. You go girl!!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Be patient but firm with them. I am sure you have already done all the pre surgery consults etc. they actually need. Still they will probably fight it and make you go the appeal route. Good luck!:flowers:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter

I have done:
6 classes in 6 months
Cardiology- EKG, Chest x-ray
Pulmonlogist- Sleep study and other things
Psychologist
3 surgical appts with surgeon
Nutritionist
Blood work

I have done everything they have asked me to do. I also have three years experience working with medical insurances at my current job. I know how they work.

Thank you for all your positive support. Besides rusty and sort of my mom I do not have anyone else.

DAMMIT- I thought I was in my profile. This is Ms. Rusty I take it by the time you read this you will have already figured that out!

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter

That last post makes no sense to me. But I have no sense anyway. :hammer:

EDIT: Oh never mind.. you were posting under Rusty's login.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter

Way to go! Give it all you got!

Besides, I always loved the saying "I may be fat, but your ugly and I can lose weight"

Keep us posted on how you are doing! I've been knocking pounds off the old fashion way and it sucks, but been on a steady run, have lost about thirty some odd pounds over the last seven months. Not an easy task for anyone, the best of luck to you!

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter

Lithium - I think that you already have the absolutely most important part necessary. The attitude and the will.

DW has a lap band and DIL had gastric bypass. DW and I believe that the band is the best and safest. Bypass gives faster weight loss, the band is slower, but, safer long term. To make it all work, you need the will and you seem to have that.

May god be with you.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Lithium,
Congrats on the 3 lbs already lost. Shows you have a good spirit about this to make it work.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Lithium

My wife is a week and a half post op form gastric bypass surgery.

She was very diligent on the preoperative months and lost 40 lbs she she was suppose to be on a liquid diet for a couple more days (2 weeks total) and she tried a little mashed potatoes today and she is in pain scene lunch and has been throwing up.
So don't cheat on the liquid diet.

good luck

tom

Lithium

Damn... broke the scale yesterday amidist cleaning... gonna have to go out and get a new one but no weight updates till then..oh darn...not...

Lithium

Lithium

My wife is a week and a half post op form gastric bypass surgery.

She was very diligent on the preoperative months and lost 40 lbs she she was suppose to be on a liquid diet for a couple more days (2 weeks total) and she tried a little mashed potatoes today and she is in pain scene lunch and has been throwing up.
So don't cheat on the liquid diet.

good luck

tom

Tom- Yeah taters are empty carbs and sugars. Plus that is kind of heavy for a first meal after liquids..Surprised she didnt get DS.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter

Damn... broke the scale yesterday amidist cleaning... gonna have to go out and get a new one but no weight updates till then..oh darn...not...

thats because to slid it againt the throne. glass vs. porcelin, porcelin wins :yum: