• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I want to buy a center console.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I need a bigger boat for some off shore fishing here in Panama . I am leaning toward buying a new one outfitted the way I want it . I would like something in the 24 ' class with a top . Motor will be a 4 stroke in the 100 -150 HP range . I don't need a big engine , at least I don't think I do . I have never had a boat built . I am leaning toward this model as it is locally built and has a great reputation for long life . It is a Caribe Pro . I have inspected these boats and talked with owners and like what I see .

Can some of you boat guys give me some ideas of what I may want ??

I'll probably order one built this next year ,if all goes as planned .

Attachments

• caribepro250WEB.jpg
    caribepro250WEB.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 146

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Love the boat. I am not an expert, Doc & Fred are. What I know is that if you go very far offshore I would suggest two smaller outboards with counter rotating props. My reasoning is that if an engine conks out, the other will bring you home. '
'
I am a fast Diesel truck nut, so far as motor size, bigger is better. I like the idea of local built.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Love the boat. I am not an expert, Doc & Fred are. What I know is that if you go very far offshore I would suggest two smaller outboards with counter rotating props. My reasoning is that if an engine conks out, the other will bring you home. '
'
I am a fast Diesel truck nut, so far as motor size, bigger is better. I like the idea of local built.

Two motors ???? Ok that makes sense . Should they each have their own fuel tank ,in case I get bad fuel ??

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I would suggest two tanks. The motors can be purchased to rotate in opposite directions to make the boat go straight.(Think it is for straight. The folks I know that do it get the counter rotating engines).

Anyway, you sound like it is remote and a dead motor could leave you out there a long time.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, I would suggest two tanks. The motors can be purchased to rotate in opposite directions to make the boat go straight.(Think it is for straight. The folks I know that do it get the counter rotating engines).

Anyway, you sound like it is remote and a dead motor could leave you out there a long time.

And if I ran out of rum &coke that could be bad .....very bad :unsure:. The more I think of it the more sense it makes . Can someone suggest motor size based on two motors ??

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
You certainly don't need HP like I do, but a 24 footer on 150 horses will be tiresome. I bet you couldn't even get it on plane.

Ever drive an underpowered boat in foul weather conditions, whether they be a sudden storm or simply rain and waves? It is scarry.

I would think a 24 footer would need at least 300 horse to get out of it's own way; 400 would be better. Two engines is more comforting than one, and I bet there's not much in terms of Coast Guard type operations and radio network like here.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Al this comes from some one who lives out in the middle of no where look what the locals are runnjing for engine size on the boats like you want than you are going to want about 200 hp total output as there is a certain amount of drag associated with twin motors a price i would be willing to pay for redundantcy. the boaters around there especialy the comercial guys will know what it takes to make the boat run cheap than add about 50 to 75 hp for the fun factor also be aware of how mugh horse power the transom is rated for there is a lot of rotational torque applied to it when you get in to the throttle good luck

Ps get the boat painted kristy orange so so it will match your other toy

Last edited: