• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anybody for a weight challenge contest ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I was watching The Biggest Loser the other night and the fella that helps do the work out training was saying how it is easier to have a work out buddy to keep you motivated and on track .

That makes sense to me as I lost 65 pounds last year but I had gained 30 back . At my age (55) thats tough on the body and I just can't keep bouncing around any more .I refuse to gain any more and have picked up on my excerise and cleaned up my eating habits . I have stopped gaining and actually drop a few pounds but its been tough

Anyway this got me to wondering if anyone else feels this way ? Is there anyone who might be interested in losing weight on FF .? I'm open to ideas or starting a private group .

I'll even pay Doc so we can have a special area just for us ??????

Now I know in my case , I am big boned but there are some members here who are just fat . I'm not one of then :whistling:.
I posted last year as I lost weight ,but it would be more fun to have some others posting their results to .
Look at it this way . The goverment just put us in debt for the next 50 years so should'nt we try to live longer to make their life misable as possible :unsure:???

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I am currently at 160, 5ft9 and some change and happy as a clam in my curvedom (is that a word?)
Sounds like a good idea though Al.
:)

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Well, I'm in. I'm 5'-9" and 240 as I sit my fat ass here.

I'd like to get back to 200 by the end of the year.

My downfall is I just don't watch what I eat, and more to the point how MUCH I stuff down my gullet. I know several people who have lost substantial weight by just limiting portion sizes.

My wife's on board with this too. Now all I got to do is -- do it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well thats a start :clap:! Lets see how many want to do this over the next couple days . We need to set it up with some type of a record system . I suggest we also measure our bodys as some weeks the tape will tell you more than the scale .:smile:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I have always been a believer in calories in verus calories out . yes I know its important to eat right but each pound loss is 3500 calories . A pound of fat is 4 times larger than a pound of muscle . Exercise speeds up your Calorie burn rate for up to 8 hours after excersice .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

Seriously I or we can all make jokes and laugh , but the bottom line is to do this for yourself .

I stay pretty active , but I have seen a huge slow down in my abilities the last few years . Sure some is age , but most is fat holding me back or pulling me down .

I have 2 daughters that I would really like to walk down the wedding aisle someday .I also have a beautiful wonderful wife that deserves better than I am giving at this time .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Seriously I or we can all make jokes and laugh , but the bottom line is to do this for yourself .

I stay pretty active , but I have seen a huge slow down in my abilities the last few years . Sure some is age , but most is fat holding me back or pulling me down .

I have 2 daughters that I would really like to walk down the wedding aisle someday .I also have a beautiful wonderful wife that deserves better than I am giving at this time .
I was laughing at the post you made for Steve, and certainly was not making light of what you want to do here Al.
It's a fantastic idea I think.
:thumb:.. go for it everyone!
I could stand to lose some of my hips.. so maybe I'll stop with the fast food runs and just pack my meals for work.
I'd like to be 150.. but I like cheesey things and bread too much...grrrrr

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm in Al. I'm a 6' wanna be, actually 5' 11" & 1/2 247 and on my way down. I've lost a few pounds in the past two weeks and feel I am in the 'zone'. Something like this can help me stay in the zone. I want to see that two zero zero on the scales again.

I would be happy to set up a pirvate forum for all those participating so that our stuff is not open to the world.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I see you under that chair . Your ass is sticking out the other end :whistling:. Are you in or out !!!

Oh yeah and since your concerned about the other end I will post a pic to help you out. :yum: :yum: I actually tried linking it to Ray's post but could not get it to link for some reason.

Yeah I am in.

murph

Attachments

• 2636042520_50e4bfc663.jpg
    2636042520_50e4bfc663.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 166

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
bump ....

I am going to keep this up for a few days to see who all might want to try this .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Bump ...
Getting ready to start this tomorrow morning .. Any one else want to join in ???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok ,

Lets get ready to do this . I assume your all healthy enough to diet ??? If the answer is NO than go see your doctor .

First go take a picture of yourself in a pair of shorts or whatever . No your NOT going to need to post it on here unless you want to . Paste it on the refrigerator door . Look at it every time you get the munchies .

Secondly , take a cloth measure tape or a piece of string and measure your:
Neck
Left arm muscle
Right arm muscle
Chest
Stomach ( at belt line)
Left thigh
Right thigh

Record the measurements . You will do this once a week . No , you do not need to tell the world what they are . Your interested in the total number when its all added up each week .

If you want to excersise . Plan a simple 30 minute workout each day . It can be walking , jogging , chopping wood , sex :brows: or dancing for all I care . Just get your heart rate going . This will speed up your wieght loss and let you sleep better .

Try to balance your diet and stay at about 1500 calories a day . Thats where I try to stay . I weigh 351 and am about 6'3' now . Any more than that and you might be getting hunger pains and a little light headed for awhile .

Remember it takes a fat burn of 3500 calories to lose one pound .

Plan on drinking 8 - 8 oz glasses of water a day . No food after 6PM

I have "The Biggest Looser" cookbook and highly reconmend it .

Go weigh yourself in the morning , first thing . Record the weight .

I think the best way is to keep tract of what you lose each week . Some people are funny about saying how much they presently weigh . Thats ok , you don't have to .But let us know each Monday how many pounds you're up or down and how many inches you lost .

Remember if you want to lose weight ,Keep your mouth shut . :clap:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm with ya Al. After a week in Chicago & eating out daily I stalled my diet big time. I'm ready to start fresh tomorrow.
Sounds good to me, every Monday we can post our losses. :thumb:

Guessing you'll be able to check in on occasion from Panama. I'm sure the cuisine down there will help your efforts. :thumb: :D

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Ok.....

I'd like to participate. However, I have a couple of pre-scheduled events that would be, well, a hinderance, to say the least.

With that said, can we begin this "Contest" either on the 23rd of Feb or the 2nd of March. I know that may sound odd but you guys have been talking about this for a while and I just picked up on the thread. I'll abide with whatever y'all want to do but I'd like a clean start and that's the point for me.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok.....

I'd like to participate. However, I have a couple of pre-scheduled events that would be, well, a hinderance, to say the least.

With that said, can we begin this "Contest" either on the 23rd of Feb or the 2nd of March. I know that may sound odd but you guys have been talking about this for a while and I just picked up on the thread. I'll abide with whatever y'all want to do but I'd like a clean start and that's the point for me.

Well I don't see why not . People can join anytime and start anytime as we go along .Your just really competing against yourself and to see how others are doing in their efforts to lose . I got about 3 weeks to lose some serious weight so I may need to start tomorrow .

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I will be starting tuesday, no not tuesday next year but the coming tuesday. Will take my measurements Monday. I already hate this idea.:unsure:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
After grazing last night at the Pizza Hut buffet, and feeling none the worse for it, I'll pass on this (for now) and keep my hips.

Looking forward to your progress though guys (and if any of the gals join in).

Good luck and have fun! :)

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
2 pounds ! I have farted and loss more ! :doh:

I need to drink more water !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Been sick for the last 6 days so I know i lost wieght but I am too dizzy to stand on the scale to find out .

Caitlin

I'd love to do this as I definitely need to lose weight. I'm meeting an old friend for the first time in 15 years in 3 weeks and boy will he be shocked. Back then I was 00 and now I'm a 10 :ohmy:

Don't suppose anyone knows any good weight loss programs?

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
3 weeks could get you some pounds and inches on Atkins, but be careful unless you plan on following transitions very close: even if high on protien, you start sneaking refined sugars into your diet while eating plenty of fats too, it's a bad combination.

Funny enough those touting either reducing fats or reducing carbs, actually come out with somewhat similar dishes: low on refined sugars.

As far as Al; he's in Panama for a while, but even if he had internet access, I'd hate to challenge him while he can just sweat off the pounds.

Caitlin

Thanks for that! I'll look into Atkins and remember about things like refined sugars. To be honest I don't know a great deal about Atkins, or any other specific diet program, but was leaning towards something that is low fat, low carb and no refined sugar or artificial additives etc. I'll let you all know how it goes.

And as for Al...lucky him. :smile: