• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do you have an exercise routine?

working woman

Site Supporter
-

When are you going to post on pic on the other thread?

Never cause I dont have any. seriously Last time I was in a picture was last March, and they are all taken from a distane. sorry boys guess you'll just have to use you imagation
(I would say to ask Dargo for a description of me but since I was so mean I'm afraid of what kind of picture He'd paint) :yum:

working woman

Site Supporter
Hey, I ought to look and see. I may have a pic of WW from when she used to live in my part of the country.

Just remember Dargo if you post I have amo as well!

Cityboy

Banned
5 days a week. 3 days rowing machine, 2 days weights, lots of sit-ups & push-ups, for the last 2-3 years, mornings before work. Swim almost every day in the summer. Don't stress about missing a day, I just pick back up the next day. Made a decision to make it a way of life a few years ago. Helps me think clearer and makes me feel great. Used to be into hard-core strength training, but got to the point of getting injured or straining muscles too often so I went to lighter weights, higher reps. Much better for my 41YO body. I want to be fit the rest of my life so I can do the things I want to do now and far into the future.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
Danny - put on a hemlet and a large padded suit and go play with your kittys. You'll drop pounds fast!:D

Noticed that when I am up there also the far west side of the place is REALLY far. That bothers me also. I need to be able to get around better than I do.

I have a condition called Charcot-Marie-Tooth (doctors names who discovered it), where at this stage of it, my feet do not move at the axis of my ankle.......I can not move my feet up and down. I wear braces for this so I dont trip all over everything. I also have 3 discs gone in my lower back. Arthur is beginning to take it's toll, but I can beat them with proper workouts.

Work is less strenuous now that I dont do premise wiring, and pretty much the heaviest thing is our big server at 100 pounds. More brains than brawn now. (I am really in trouble there).

My workouts will be hard enough, but will start at a mile a day, in 30 minutes, then 30 minutes on the circuit training, working up to 3 miles a day, in one hour, and increasing weight by at least 200% by end of year. I want to be able to circuit at 200 plus pounds of resistance by then. I did this before and lost about 70 pounds in one year, and felt great...........

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
(I would say to ask Dargo for a description of me but since I was so mean I'm afraid of what kind of picture He'd paint) :yum:[/QUOTE]

WW, it is not that you were MEAN, we were just too scared to talk to all those sweet girls at that time..........hehehehehehhehehehehehehehehe

I remember that sweet little redhead, still do, and still have a place for redheads, especially her.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been hitting my personal gym fairly hard again and I really like it. Attached are a few pics of the gym I have at my house. The last pic is a personal joke. After working out hard on legs in particular, it was too hard to walk up the stairs for a drink. ;)

So you now see, I have no excuse for not being in top shape. There are a few machines I noticed that aren't in the pics, but I think you get the idea. I have gone in fairly heavy in creating my own personal gym.

Attachments

• gym bench.jpg
    gym bench.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 159
  • gym smith machine.jpg
    gym smith machine.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 160
  • gym high low and gauntlet.jpg
    gym high low and gauntlet.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 156

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Oops, the last pic did't show up. Here it is...

And like Bob, I have to apologize about the pic quality. It seems my camera of choice is what I have with me; my phone. :eek:

I also noticed the nice mess my 5 kids and all their friends leave in my gym too. I guess I could have cleaned before the pics, but I was tired yesterday when I was working out. :thumb:

Attachments

• gym fountain.jpg
    gym fountain.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 163

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Okay, I'm really trying to get back into shape. I've honestly hit the weights pretty hard for about the last 5 weeks now. So, I warmed up last night and went against my son and his friends in a impromptu power lifting competition. Remember, I've not been able to lift due to knee and elbow surgeries in the last 3 years as well as having to fight off rheumatoid arthritis. Enough with the excuses, on with the results.

I'll just put my age as "mid 40's". My weight was 181.5 pounds. My bench was 295, regulation squat at 405 and dead lift at 455. That gave the old man a total of 1155. That's obviously nowhere close to what I did 22 years ago, but I'll admit that I'm fairly well pleased. My closest competitor was 18 years old and weighed in at 195 pounds. His bench was a respectable 245, his squat at 315, and his dead lift at 305; giving him a total of 865. The other 3 guys were below that. They all complained that I was too strict on the bench, squat and dead lift from what they had been training. I went by what competition rules were when I competed. On bench, no bouncing of the weight off of the chest at all (or DQ), and no stopping of the upward motion of the bar at anytime on the upward motion (or DQ). On squats, the thighs had to be parallel to the ground (not 45 degree angle at knee!), and also there was no stopping and continuing allowed. It had to be one motion. The same thing for the dead lift; no stopping of the upward motion, and the shoulders had to be locked back in control of the weight for 1 second.

I know it's nothing to brag about, but perhaps a target for you other middle age guys to use as a water mark. Any others care to give any progress reports? I'm sure that some of you guys can blow me away where I am now, but I intend to continue to improve. I'm enjoying the fact that I can see improvement each week. I took it as a compliment when one of the kids told me "you're not right". :tiphat:

dzalphakilo said:
Last September ran a 10 miler under sixtyfive minutes. Not a PR, but I'll take it. Just turned 40.

I help to put on a 10 mile flat race in July. I know what 65 minutes feels like over that distance. That's usually what I complete it in and I just turned 40 in October.

My PB on this race was probably 62 but I've never come in under an hour. The winner is usually 55 minutes or slightly less.

I'll shoot for 64 this summer.

I'm on my 8th week of cross country skate skiing 7 days / week 1-2 hours per day.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
dzalphakilo said:
Last September ran a 10 miler under sixtyfive minutes. Not a PR, but I'll take it. Just turned 40.

My hat is off to you. I used to really enjoy long distance running. I was sort of forced into that for wrestling practice and learned to enjoy it. I've had both knees operated on (one 2 times) and they seem to be okay for running. However, I have 3 herniated discs in my back and I've opted to not have any surgery on them. Extended running is one of the few things that does actually cause me back pain. Being that I can do most everything else and rarely have a back issue, I'm staying with no back surgery. I've lately begun to wonder if I may be able to run on our treadmill though. It seems to be easier on the impact. Maybe I'll try that. I miss the "high" feeling I used to get after about the 5 mile mark when running. The first few miles were always tough, but after about 4 or 5 miles, I felt like I could run forever.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Dargo said:
. I've had both knees operated on (one 2 times) and they seem to be okay for running. However, I have 3 herniated discs in my back and I've opted to not have any surgery on them. Extended running is one of the few things that does actually cause me back pain. Being that I can do most everything else and rarely have a back issue, I'm staying with no back surgery. I've lately begun to QUOTE]

Have you ever thought of "road biking"?

Less stressfull on the joints.

I do consider myself lucky for the fact that I've been able to run most of my life injury free.

Do you go to the gym, exercise at home, use free weights, do arobics, walking, running? Or do you have a regular exercise routine?
I exercise every day, and I spend 30 minutes (or more), on the treadmill, exercise bike, I do sit-ups, and more. And while I'm doing those exercises, I may watch TV or listen to music that my husband had downloaded on my MP3 Player. Here's a photo of the Treadmill & Exercise Bike I was referring to.

Attachments

• Treadmil & Recumbent Bike_.JPG
    Treadmil & Recumbent Bike_.JPG
    495.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I used to do 12 oz curls. But then I switched to Scotch. :yum:
Actually, I do 30 sit-ups after Isometric routines in the shower. Saves time to work up a sweat in the shower.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Because of the autoimmune illness that my wife suffered from at the beginning of last year, she works out 2-3 times a week. Me? I quit.

I used to work out every winter to try to stay in shape for spring startup around the place. Without doing that it used to hurt like hell every spring until I got back into some sort of shape. That quit when COVID arrived. I'm going to feel it this year. Other than that, just working around the place and staying active is the only exercise that I get. I did get my weight down from 245# to 185# which really helped.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Wow. I was reading through this thread. Some long lost posters on there from back in 2005. I was here and remember them. Anyhow, I was going to the gym regularly until covid hit. A lot of things have changed since then. I just try to keep active now. I figure if I wake up in the morning and can stand without pain, I will try to get as much done as I can.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Walking daily.
In inclement weather, I go to the indoor track at the Y in Defiance.
I do exercises at home as well.
I never stop moving. Lol
I do the same things.
I know I am better off for it. I can feel it every day.
At 1:00 I will go to the local gym and put in an hour of brisk walking.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Worked out my entire life since grade school, with some layoff's in-between. Been pretty regular for the last 6 months, 3 times a week with free weight dumbbells. Its not always my favorite thing to do, but when I stay at it, I don't hurt anywhere.

Kevlar

Don’t have a regular routine, farming is a form of working out in its own, likely walk several miles a day just doing regular daily activities. Like biking in the summer and took if fat biking a few years ago, some winters have done quite a bit but some not so much because of weather. Have two kids that make it hard to have regular exercise but then keeping up with them is a workout 😥

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I know that problem. I used to weigh 260 with a 34 inch waist. I weigh less now but man do I have a big gut.:(
Geezus, read back in this zombie thread. 18 years on, I now have a 34 inch waist again at around 200lbs. I work out for 2.5 hours a day at least 5 days a week. I´m never going to be as strong as I was when I was younger but I´m probably healthier overall now. I even have some abs showing through when I'm good on my diet. The cycle of life, work, and raising kids certainly has it´s peaks and valleys.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Geezus, read back in this zombie thread. 18 years on, I now have a 34 inch waist again at around 200lbs. I work out for 2.5 hours a day at least 5 days a week. I´m never going to be as strong as I was when I was younger but I´m probably healthier overall now. I even have some abs showing through when I'm good on my diet. The cycle of life, work, and raising kids certainly has it´s peaks and valleys.
I'll be 66 at the end of March, I'm 5'-8" used to be a little taller, same with the 34" waist and I'm at 205 right now. In my prime I had a 30" waist and weighed 190.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll be 66 at the end of March, I'm 5'-8" used to be a little taller, same with the 34" waist and I'm at 205 right now. In my prime I had a 30" waist and weighed 190.
The BMI Chart says you are under tall :yum: for your weight.

In my thirties I was a firefighter paramedic. We did routines at 7 every morning. Offtwo andone one 24 hour shift,that meant 2 out of three days.

I was 6'2'' at 175 Lbs. After a year or so I was up to 185 Lbs. Mostly muscle mass.
I miss those days.

2021, I had the Delta and went from 205 LBS to 170Lbs. in 3 weeks. Waist went from 38 to 36 then 34. Loss mostly in my butt.
So, my pants tended to fall dawn when I walked. Three new holes in my belt didn't help.

Last time at the Doc's, I was tall enough for my weight. I have held it under 185 LBS, so I don't need to get taller.

All my jeans are 38's or 36's. I do need new pants.
However, My old uniform fits once again.
So they can bury me in it.

Missionaccomplished.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
The BMI Chart says you are under tall :yum: for your weight.

In my thirties I was a firefighter paramedic. We did routines at 7 every morning. Offtwo andone one 24 hour shift,that meant 2 out of three days.

I was 6'2'' at 175 Lbs. After a year or so I was up to 185 Lbs. Mostly muscle mass.
I miss those days.

2021, I had the Delta and went from 205 LBS to 170Lbs. in 3 weeks. Waist went from 38 to 36 then 34. Loss mostly in my butt.
So, my pants tended to fall dawn when I walked. Three new holes in my belt didn't help.

Last time at the Doc's, I was tall enough for my weight. I have held it under 185 LBS, so I don't need to get taller.

All my jeans are 38's or 36's. I do need new pants.
However, My old uniform fits once again.
So they can bury me in it.

Missionaccomplished.
According to the BMI index, anyone that lifts weights is too heavy for there height, a much better system is measurements.