• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do you have an exercise routine?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you go to the gym, exercise at home, use free weights, do arobics, walking, running? Or do you have a regular exercise routine?

working woman

Site Supporter
I thought bending the elbow to drink the beer was exercise!

really though all but go to the gym and run.Lot of walking due to dogs, but pretty much work out every night. Partly becasue of having a pyhsical job that I must stay in fairly good shape to avoid injury and the other part is becasue I find it relieves a lot of stress. and yes I admit I'm partly vain

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No particular routine here.
Just doing my work activities is normally enough.

Oh, as WW mentioned, 12oz curls works. :)

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't expect to much response to this thread other than the Mickey Big Mouth bends!................:yum:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
For about 15 years I was way to serious about powerlifting. Then I had to start working for a living. Now I can't go in a gym anymore - I'm just way to weak. I started running a few years ago but then with two small kids that became harder. Just got a new double jogging stroller that is pretty nice. I try to take the kids and dogs out a couple of times a week but I'm certainly not in very good shape anymore. I've pretty much resigned myself to gaining 10-20 lbs in the winter and losing it again in the summer when the yard work and projects pick up.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
For about 15 years I was way to serious about powerlifting.

I don't think my record total of 1775 pounds in powerlifting competition is going to be matched by me anytime soon. :eek: That was in college. I wonder if that record still stands? That was the same year that I got Bob's record on the canoe race there. :D

BoneheadNW

Dargo said:
I don't think my record total of 1775 pounds in powerlifting competition is going to be matched by me anytime soon. :D
Was that with just the one arm you use to knock people out? (you have yet to post your pic on the other thread)
I am fortunate to have a gym at one of our stations. I work out M-F with weights and the stair machine. Got to (at least try) keep up with the younger guys!
Bonehead

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
BoneheadNW said:
Was that with just the one arm you use to knock people out? (you have yet to post your pic on the other thread)
I am fortunate to have a gym at one of our stations. I work out M-F with weights and the stair machine. Got to (at least try) keep up with the younger guys!
Bonehead

<snip>Snarky comments regarding the tax payer's dollar deleted.<snip>:whistle:

I'm not sure I want to see Dargo's picture. I believe he is better as a man of mystery.

BoneheadNW

PBinWA said:
<snip>Snarky comments regarding the tax payer's dollar deleted.<snip>:whistle:

I'm not sure I want to see Dargo's picture. I believe he is better as a man of mystery.
I believe the way it works is that if the money is not spent this year, it won't be included in next years budget. The analogy is that you better eat everything that is on your plate or else you won't get as much food next time.
Bonehead

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
PBinWA said:

Ah, you noticed. That was by design. Fortunately nobody asked, so I gladly obliged and did not post. :thumb: I'm not a very photogenic guy. You guys are all a handsome lot, I'd hate to ruin the record. Besides, I've dropped about 40 pounds since RA began causing issues with the ole joints.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Bonehead - too true in way too many places of life. Enjoy your job, it's a fun one and you probably worked hard to get there.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Dargo said:
You guys are all a handsome lot, I'd hate to ruin the record. Besides, I've dropped about 40 pounds since RA began causing issues with the ole joints.

Better get those eyes checked too old timer!:D

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Joined a local gym that will be opening Jan 15th. Got to lose about 70 pounds and tone up the muscles some. Becoming an overweight, hard to get around guy again, and dont like it. Circuit training and tread mill will be my friend for a year or so.
Also going back to college for some more computer education.......in my free time I will play on the BX23, cut grass, fix the pond back up.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Danny - put on a hemlet and a large padded suit and go play with your kittys. You'll drop pounds fast!:D

cross country ski 1 to 2 hours 7 days / week in the winter (Dec-mid April)

Bike to work and back almost every day from May-August. 31.5 miles round trip and I do it on a mountain bike.

Mix running in between, sometimes approaching 15 miles / outing of trail running a few times / week in the summer. Never run in the winter.

gain weight in sloppy time in the fall and spring when I'm usually working on house projects.

That's my yearly routing.

PBinWA said:
.... Just got a new double jogging stroller that is pretty nice. I try to take the kids and dogs out a couple of times a week ...

I use a Trek bike trailer that I can haul 2 kids in behind my bike. It also converts into a trailer. Nice when the kids look forward to stuff like that and they can see you being active. When they get older they want to get out and do stuff like that themselves.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I don't exercise but I stepped on the scale last night. 201 pounds. I should be 170-175? I'd be happy at 180-185. Looks like I will be figuring something out to occupy a bit of my time. Possibly breaking out the Sweatin to the Oldies video series by Richard Simmons?

All I'd loose by watching Richard Simmons is my lunch. I can't stand to listen to him speak let alone watch a video with him floating around on it.

I'd suggest some sort of aerobic activity outdoors myself.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually I have a Nordic Trac Elipse machine in the excercise room that I built for the lovely Mrs_B last year. The room is too small to hold too many pieces of equipment but I used to use the Nordic Trac and enjoyed it (but that was before I built the room) and I used to have a rowing machine that I enjoyed using.

I think I may be in the market for a rowing machine!?!

BoneheadNW

B_Skurka said:
I think I may be in the market for a rowing machine!?!
How about the real thing? Just put some oars in that boat you and Mrs_B were pictured in on the other thread and you are home free. That will be $250 for my workout consulting fee. :bling:
Bonehead

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Well I don't exercise but I stepped on the scale last night. 201 pounds.

Lard ass! :whistle:

I'm trying to work out again now. My trouble is that I used to weigh around 225 or 230, but had a smaller waist than I do now at 180. :mad:

bozo

really bozo
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't work out, but need to start. Spring and fall I'm busy chain sawing and tractoring and that helps I'm sure, but I need a workout routine to help me loose a few this winter and get me into better shape.
I'd like a workout with a couple days of free weights and a couple days of areobic. Or maybe combining the two types. I hoping for a 1/2 hour workout 4 times a week. Anyone know of a workout like that?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Motivation my man, motivation. :D

Look, I'll distract him while I run :5boobs:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Dargo said:
Lard ass! :whistle:

I'm trying to work out again now. My trouble is that I used to weigh around 225 or 230, but had a smaller waist than I do now at 180. :mad:
\

I know that problem. I used to weigh 260 with a 34 inch waist. I weigh less now but man do I have a big gut.:(

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
\

I know that problem. I used to weigh 260 with a 34 inch waist. I weigh less now but man do I have a big gut.:(

Yeah, I think Bob "got it", but my comment was like the pot calling the kettle black.

Hey, I ought to look and see. I may have a pic of WW from when she used to live in my part of the country. She lived in the same neighborhood. At one point, she was a brutal babysitter for my sisters. She was mean then. I was skeered of her and always stayed gone. You know, that was back when girls were "icky", and mean! Of course that was about 25 or 30 years ago. She may have changed a bit since then. :eek: There again, I'm sure she would be quick to comment that I've changed since 25 years ago too. I shouldn't have put my pic up in that other thread. Now she can actually see how I've changed. :eek:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, I got it. The waistband of my 36" pants have been cutting into my flesh like a surgeon's scapel. I guess that should have been a sign? Yesterday was my second day of dieting and all is going well. Back on the scale and I'm 197. I figure 5 to 10 pounds should go away pretty fast. I want to get back into a 34 waistband without any struggle. I kept myself busy last night working on the Snow Trac after dinner. No late night snacks either. Not started using the Nordic Trac nor have I looked for a rowing machine either, but I know I need to do both!