• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

'Geek' defined ...

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Geek: Understands, creates, and fixes Really Cool Stuff.

Nerd: Understands and collects Really Cool Stuff.

Dork
: Confused by Really Cool Stuff.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Lets see... so sushi is just a dork then?:poke::poke::yum::yum:

Now Now......You haven't been here long enough to do that. Besides, he may have his issues but he finds some really cool stuff out there and posts them for all of us to see...:beer:

I think he deserves a beer.

After he gets back from his night at the $99 suite with a cot in little Cuba.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Now Now......You haven't been here long enough to do that. Besides, he may have his issues but he finds some really cool stuff out there and posts them for all of us to see...:beer:

I think he deserves a beer.

After he gets back from his night at the $99 suite with a cot in little Cuba.

Awe, come on... u can't fault a guy for striking first....:thumb: and he does find some cool shiz... I can't figure out how he has that much time:alc:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
His infatuation with Dr. Who, and especially Dr. Who babes, definately dumps him smack-dab in the middle of nerd-dom.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Lets see... so sushi is just a dork then?:poke::poke::yum::yum:

:4_11_9: :4_11_9: :4_11_9: WTF man?!
His infatuation with Dr. Who, and especially Dr. Who babes, definately dumps him smack-dab in the middle of nerd-dom

I recently made a virtual feedback cable AND fixed a very old printer thank YOU very much. Plus built 2 computers from pieces and repaired and enhanced another. :angry3:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter

I recently made a virtual feedback cable AND fixed a very old printer thank YOU very much. Plus built 2 computers from pieces and repaired and enhanced another. :angry3:

Fine. If you want certified geek that bad:dancing:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Perfect thread to post this one!

Pick up lines for nerds:
You have nicer legs than an Isosceles triangle

Baby, if you were words on a page, you’d be what they call FINE PRINT

When you and me get together it’s like superposition of 2 waves in phase

If I was sin^2 and you were cos^2 together we would be 1

Your name is Leslie? Look, I can spell your name on my calculator!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
erfect thread to post this one!

Pick up lines for nerds:
You have nicer legs than an Isosceles triangle

Baby, if you were words on a page, you’d be what they call FINE PRINT

When you and me get together it’s like superposition of 2 waves in phase

If I was sin^2 and you were cos^2 together we would be 1

Your name is Leslie? Look, I can spell your name on my calculator!

:pat: Too geeky man. Aldso to early 90's

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Not 90s, more like 80s or earlier, given the LED calculator line.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Those lines are as smoooth as 710.77345. :rolleyes:
:yum: :yum: :yum:

57738.57734 40 :yum:
Shell Oil? Oh Hells Bells? You guys have drifted waaay out of current dork territory - back 30 years and clear off the chart! I'll bet you both had TI portable terminals!

Meanwhile back on planet Earth:

Dork

I was waiting to see somebody tell us about his collection of bright shiny objects, $5,000 wristwatches or something, and try to claim Geek.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Shell Oil? Oh Hells Bells? You guys have drifted waaay out of current dork territory - back 30 years and clear off the chart! I'll bet you both had TI portable terminals!
<snip>

Hey, it was more like only 1E years ago. And no, never had the portable terminal. Still have a TI 960A mini computer. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• TI960pic.jpg
    TI960pic.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 59

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Now that was just plain mean. Have I insulted CA too much? :yum: That's OK, I'll be giving you pos ones anyway for starting the thread. :thumb: Meanwhile, got pizza on the way so I can start experimenting with modified video drivers for that little ASUS laptop.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter

Meanwhile back on planet Earth:

Dork

I was waiting to see somebody tell us about his collection of bright shiny objects, $5,000 wristwatches or something, and try to claim Geek.

:yum::yum::yum: I see someone calling Bob Skurka out there....

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
:whistle:

Well I gotta give Bob credit for importing and restoring that Snow Trac. Really, anyone here that plays with snowcats (all varieties) is clearly self-motivated.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter

that would be cool and geeky, but from a geek desktop support person, why...........anything 3 years old is ancient.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
I recently made a virtual feedback cable AND fixed a very old printer thank YOU very much.
But did it virtually work? :moon:
You BASTARD! Im working on it! :(

Virtual Feedback?? Sushi, is that a component for the Bush Administration's Virtual Fence?

Their Virtual Fence doesn't seem to work any better than their 'Mission Accomplished!' search for Bin Laden. Money in, -> no results out.

UPI: Border fence delayed by new problems
WASHINGTON, Feb. 28 (UPI) -- The first phase of the "virtual fence" to be built along the U.S.-Mexico border has been pushed back by at least three years.

Technical problems discovered in a 28-mile pilot project south of Tucson dictated a change in plans, Homeland Security officials told a U.S. House subcommittee.

The delay marked a major setback for what President Bush, in May, 2006, called "the most technologically advanced border security initiative in American history." This was to be a key component of his proposed overhaul of U.S. immigration policies.
When the project started in 2006 it was hoped it would be well along by the 2008 election:

MSNBC - Bush calls it 'an important step'
Oct. 26, 2006 WASHINGTON - President Bush signed a bill Thursday authorizing 700 miles of new fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border, hoping to give Republican candidates a pre-election platform for asserting they’re tough on illegal immigration.
Oh well. Back to the drawing board.