• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gout Attack

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Getting over a slight attack of gout. It is a good thing that I did not have to go anywhere yesterday as I do not think that I could have put a shoe on my left foot. Still swelled up somewhat, but the pain is very tolerable today. Get it once or twice a year, usually after the fact I figure out what caused it.

This time, my brother made a huge batch of Fleisch Keuchle and that is what I lived off of for about four days. Worth it, yes, as I only get it about once a year which is enough, the only thing was way to much this time.:rolleyes:

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
When I get one I use Aleeve it has sodium Naproxen which tends to make it go away in a couple of hours in my case.. Severe cases I have to go to Dr and get a MethylPredisone pack to get ride of it....

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was diagnosed with gout in my left ankle back in October.
It's not a fun thing to deal with.
Aleve helps me too, Tylenol won't touch it because it's not an anti-inflammatory.
Right now it's being managed pretty well.
100mg of Allopurinol daily.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I thought gout was brought on by eating too much protein and alcohol.

Does cutting back on those help?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought gout was brought on by eating too much protein and alcohol.

Does cutting back on those help?
That of course can bring it on, red meat and beer in particular..
I don't eat meat- I drink occasionally.
The list of foods to avoid to prevent an attack is endless and most of those foods are vital for good health.
I was told to avoid spinach and asparagus too.
Go figure.

I heard someone say once; "all pain in the body is caused by a lack of circulation". Thinking about it, that seems to make sense. And that goes for the lymphatic system as well as the blood system. I think gout could be caused by a blockage/restricted flow in the lymph system. From my studies, the lymphatic system is like the sewer pipes in a house.

I think it scares women away when I tell them my wife will give me and the kids a massage every night.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I heard someone say once; "all pain in the body is caused by a lack of circulation". Thinking about it, that seems to make sense.
You are kidding, right?

Please review your biology and focus on the nervous system.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I heard someone say once; "all pain in the body is caused by a lack of circulation". Thinking about it, that seems to make sense. And that goes for the lymphatic system as well as the blood system. I think gout could be caused by a blockage/restricted flow in the lymph system. From my studies, the lymphatic system is like the sewer pipes in a house.

I think it scares women away when I tell them my wife will give me and the kids a massage every night.
I think you're thick is what I think!!
Gout IS caused by too much uric acid in the body.
Proper meds and lots of water helps get rid of the crystals between the joints that causes the pain in the first place.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Lots of water usually clears up the initial symptoms in a day or so. It takes a week or so to get to the point where I forgot I even had it.

I will not try roto rooter to clear stopped up anything or clear the flow.

I will try Aleeve next time.

Lots of water usually clears up the initial symptoms

Yes. Try lots of water before you eat the stuff too, or all the time. I have found that helps with colds and about everything. The sewer pipes in a house work better the more water flows through them.

Lots of water intake causes/or allows the kidneys to do their job filtering the blood. Less kidney operation cause stuff to build up in the blood. During sleep kidney fuction is said to decrese by up to 50%. I think this cause/allows something to build up in the blood that puts you under/to sleep.

Cure in the Cause
Or
History Is behind Us

It's recorded, that many years ago, in the history of China, there was a rule in medicine, that a person was not allowed to go into a human body, deliberately. If a person's body was laid open due to injury, observations could be used to better man's understanding, but a deliberate compromise of the body's protective housing was not tolerated, for a period of hundreds of years. In a world of cause and effect, the reason for such a rule, the events leading up to the necessity for such a rule should be revealing.
At the moment, when a person is revived due to electrical cardiac stimulation, it appears to be a major medical achievement, on TV, in the media. Yet, follow-up studies show that many times the person will die a few days later from the same problem when no one is around.
Recent human transplant experimentation shows us that our bodies do not except organs unlike our own. Some foreign types survive within our bodies longer than others, but eventually the transplant recipient dies due to his immune system failing. This is a fact, is it not?
Is not a persons blood a fluid organ flowing within a system of veins and arteries? We know we can avoid certain problems associated with blood transfusions by selecting a certain type. But are we failing to recognize many problems which take longer to show themselves? Such as AIDS? If the donors blood is rejected by the receiver, how long would it take for the receptor to lose the battle against the foreign invasion? In medicine, there is a rule of doing no harm. That means, if a child does not die today due to a blood transfusion, it may look nice, and make a lot of people happy and wealthy for the moment, but if it causes harm to many down the road, it's not a good thing.
Tuberculosis/consumption is a problem that comes about due to a person not understanding the importance of sleeping in a raised bed. It is associated with the Cowboys, street people, and others who do not see sleeping raised as a priority. Sleeping on the ground wastes energy through dissipation, which the body would use in other ways, leaving the body in a weakened condition, susceptible to colonization, and therefore able to play host for the incubation and dissemination of unwanted parasitic lifeforms.
Human history tells of many plagues brought about due to man's ignorance, such as, when rodent populations in an area become too dense, the air becomes unhealthy due to too many woodstoves in a stagnant area, or when doctors practicing on corpses move from that room into the operating room without due consideration. When these problems arise, in the end the cure is found in the Cause. The cure comes about due to a change in our behavior. We stop doing the wrong thing that we recently began doing.
The study of Magnetrition points out that previously it was unknown, even to doctors, that all warm-blooded animals must reorientate periodically in a magnetic field similar to the Earth's because many of their cells obtain a required degree of circulation within them only by keeping a magnetically migrating organal moving. With this new understanding, comes many questions. Such as, how important is it that blood be kept moving through our body for it to be kept healthy?
Why is it, that the inhuman practice of keeping oneself and or others alive through the use of another persons body parts, not recognized as cannibalism anymore? Is it like being led to see freedom fighters as terrorists? Are these symptoms of being capitalist diseased?
I don't think giving more money to doctors and their pharmaceutical corporations will cure problems such as AIDS, but I would not rule it out as a cause.
It used to be, only some doctors were quacks. But now, with the AMA, they all have to be like their leader.

DO I HAVE A LYMPHATIC FEVER?
OR
DOCTOR WHO HAS TWO HEARTS?

1) Is the cardiovascular system used to transfer heat, thus, controlling the body's temperature?
2) By closing capillaries and decreasing blood flow, can the cardiovascular system, by choice, cause the body's temperature to increase, purposefully?
3) Does the lymph system rely on body movement and temperature, to maintain normal function?
4) Now, in human beings, can an increase in the body's temperature, and/or movement, cause "rapid lymphatic function?
5) Is breathing, (lung and diaphragm function), utilized in lymphatic pumping?
6) Is "flight muscle function" utilized in cardiovascular pumping?
7) Does the heat of the chest and abdomen add to movement within the lymphatic heart, and like the draft of a chimney, cause a depression, or suction, in the outer lymphatic system?
8) Does the cardiovascular system utilize the constant function of flight muscles to maintain blood circulation?
9) Can the lymph and cardiovascular systems be found less divided, or less distinguishable, at a earlier time in our evolution, and was the lymphatic heart utilized for circulation within the body deprived of flight muscle function?
10) Can looking at the anatomy of the sphinx moth, be like looking millions of years into our past, as it is when we look at the stars?
* Cells alive and about to divide are warmer, and will rise to the top of the lymphatic heart faster, to be removed from the system and checked by the body's filter system.

ORNITHOL
1) Are the sections between valves in the lymph system, actually small digestive tracks, that begin to digest the waste from each cell, close to its source, and then return their product, (lymph=reusable compounds plus compounds to be filtered by the kidneys), by way of the lymphatic heart (thoracic duct), to be blood system?
2) As with our main digestive track, (stomach, small and large intestine), do all lymph tracks/sections require within them a mixture that contains pockets of air or gas, essential for chemical break down and absorption?
3) Does/would the presence of air in the lymph system explain another reason for lymph to have to pass many valves before entering the blood system?
4) Does movement of each lymph track aid in digestion, as the wave aerate the water and humidifies the air?
5) Is it the job of the lymph system, to carry white blood cells as they move up stream, sensing and tracking abnormal cells by their excretion into the lymph system, and does a job half done move the abnormal cell to a place where it can grow and multiply?
6) Can the body, with the help of the lymph system, move or give, a foreign or abnormal cell, a place to grow and live, (such as a mole), for observation and close control, or be moved to a place deep, to become a vital organ when viewed as a symbiotic partner?
7) Must a good understanding of our working, evolving body, take into account this fact; that our cells grow best when moving, or change to adapt when not.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I did have a swollen gouty ankle for the last couple of days, but now my footsie is feeling pretty good.
Yay for me!

Attachments

• no swelling yay lol.JPG
    no swelling yay lol.JPG
    5.8 KB · Views: 151

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
I heard someone say once; "all pain in the body is caused by a lack of circulation".

I totally agree !! When I get out on the town more in circulation I get to feeling really good !! I never even take the time to think about how bad I feel as I'm too busy !!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I know the first word means flesh or meat, what's the other word?

edit: Looks like the original spelling was Küchle, but either way it's a last name. Must be the dude/dudette who evented it in the wayback.

Last edited:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I know the first word means flesh or meat, what's the other word?

To be honest, I have no idea, other than with the bread. I usually concentrate on the food itself, not the meaning. The flesh part just took away a lot of the good taste.:sick:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Man ! As if I ain't got enough going on ! I woke up with a really swollen left foot . I'm walking like a duck with a stick up my as..... Well you get the picture .

Its been coming on for awhile and I thought I was smart my drinking Cranberry juice . I dunno why ... its just what I thought worked last time .

I finally went on WedMD and found out the last thing I want to do is drink 100% Vit C juice !!!!:furious::doh::doh:.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Man ! As if I ain't got enough going on ! I woke up with a really swollen left foot . I'm walking like a duck with a stick up my as..... Well you get the picture .

Its been coming on for awhile and I thought I was smart my drinking Cranberry juice . I dunno why ... its just what I thought worked last time .

I finally went on WedMD and found out the last thing I want to do is drink 100% Vit C juice !!!!:furious::doh::doh:.
CHERRY JUICE!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The prescribed Allopurinol, Aleve (nothing else works for gout... I know)
Mine comes and goes Al.
Ain't it nice to be getting old and falling apart? lol

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ain't it nice to be getting old and falling apart? lol

No ! I have not got time for this . I got things to do .I got lots of places I need to go and see and this does not fit in my trip schedule .I got a "bucket list" around here someplace.

And I ain't going to bed :doh:...I wanna stay up just a little longer ...Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee.....

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
No ! I have not got time for this . I got things to do .I got lots of places I need to go and see and this does not fit in my trip schedule .I got a "bucket list" around here someplace.

And I ain't going to bed :doh:...I wanna stay up just a little longer ...Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee.....
You'll just have to bite the bullet, I'm afraid. ;)
Like I do when my ankle flares and I know I am doomed to walk, walk walk up and down that hall at work.
Don't be a sissy! LOL

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok I am a sissy ....:blush:. The little women went out and dug the crutches out of the shop , so I can walk .

Its moved into my entire left foot now . Oh yippee!:shock::doh:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I do not envy you, the only place that I have ever had it is the joint by the big toe. The whole foot sound quite painful.

If you can go to bed and cover it up with a sheet, it is not to bad.:unsure:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I do not envy you, the only place that I have ever had it is the joint by the big toe. The whole foot sound quite painful.

If you can go to bed and cover it up with a sheet, it is not to bad.:unsure:

The wife just put a ice bag on my foot and I damn near went through the roof :doh:. This is the first time I remember that Gout has caused me to use crutches to get around .

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Ain't it nice to be getting old and falling apart?

You don't have to be so old. My son, who'se coming up on his 40th birthday has had it since his mid twenties although it wasn't diagnosed until a couple of years ago. They just never considered gout in anyone so young. He gets 2 or 3 attacks a year and it takes him completely out of the game. No one else in the family has ever had it. He must be a throwback to to some bad blood on my ex-wife's side. :doh::doh::doh:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
ouch.
I've heard red wine/grape juice can also make it worse/prolong the agony due to the tannic acid levels in them.