• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Running boats in the Arctic Ocean

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
This was a video of the boats we ran in the Arctic Ocean off the Oil Fields... Good boat! Had just rebuilt the engines that previous winter and it ran perfect!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWW4DbUjGVQ&feature=fvsr"]Oooguruk Island, Alaska - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting. Love seeing these types of videos. Thanks foggy.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Interesting. Love seeing these types of videos. Thanks foggy.

I love riding them even more!

We would see the "Endangered" Polar Bears one to two times a day both in the water swimming, or on the beach.... Guess they didn't get the memo that they are endangered!:whistling:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah! :yum:

What is the warmest it gets up there? I suppose July or August is the warmest months

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Foggy, those boats have a lot of big windows for running in rough water, don't they?.

Well we're not talking hurricane force storms either, you head for shelter when seas start building.

Common sense has to kick in too, but the boats are fast enough to outrun most bad weather as well!

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Yeah! :yum:

What is the warmest it gets up there? I suppose July or August is the warmest months

The warmest I've experianced is about 93+ for a week or so back in the early 1990's, most of the summer highs are in th 50/60's.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
To give a brief example of Anchorage temps: We arrived in Anchorage June 18, 2011. It was 70 degrees. When we left North Carolina it was close to 100 degrees with humidity in the 90% range.

The bus picked us up at the airport and took us to the Captain Cook hotel. While waiting on the bus in front of the hotel, the bus driver talked about how hot it was that day and turned on the AC. The ones of us from NC were very comfortable without AC, but some of the local were complaining about the heat wave :)

Bob