• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My first root canal!

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Boy these are fun! And more good news! I get to go back next week for them to finish (apparently, my mouth was too bloody today).

Attachments

• rootcanal.jpg
    rootcanal.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 119

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool. Does the dentist office provide the shades or did you bring them? If they provide them that is a dang good idea. Otherwise that light is BRIGHT!

I've had a root canal. No fun at all. All it did was delay the inevitable ...I still lost the tooth but it was years later.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Good thing they put a plastic bag over your mouth. I've heard when you turn lawyers upside down all the bullshit runs out of 'em.

:whistle:

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Cool. Does the dentist office provide the shades or did you bring them? If they provide them that is a dang good idea. Otherwise that light is BRIGHT!

I've had a root canal. No fun at all. All it did was delay the inevitable ...I still lost the tooth but it was years later.

The endodontist seemed very aware that this procedure was a tad uncomfortable. They provided the shades and even a set of cordless headphones with satelite radio.

Good thing they put a plastic bag over your mouth. I've heard when you turn lawyers upside down all the bullshit runs out of 'em.

:whistle:

Followed by some wicked halitosis.:brows:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Orthodontist will initiate my third on 9/22 .............. :glare:

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
So far, I'm enjoying the ability to eat solid foods while it lasts. Screw the Vicodin. I gots me some Percocet.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
The picture in the chair is an improvement over your avatar.:yum::yum: Been there, done that. A root canal spells RELIEF from the pain. Had it done a couple of times. You'll live to litigate again.:yum::yum:

loboloco

The picture in the chair is an improvement over your avatar.:yum::yum: Been there, done that. A root canal spells RELIEF from the pain. Had it done a couple of times. You'll live to aggravate again.:yum::yum:

Fixed it for you:whistling::whistling::yum:

norscaner

My dentist deserves Reps:flowers: ....I fell asleep in the chair during my procedure and had very little pain afterwards.:clap:

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
All done! Except for the crown .....

Attachments

• !cid__0909000955.jpg
    !cid__0909000955.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 92

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't find My root canals all that daunting . The only really painful part was when the tech put something really cold on the tooth . That really hurt !!!
As far as the crown , be careful with the temp that they give You . It's only held in place with luck ,and it's quite crunchy if You try to eat it .

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I guess dentistry has come a long way since I had teeth. I had a root canal probably 40 years ago and had the tooth extracted a year later. It was the only bad tooth I had in my whole life due to a tooth being busted off. I never had a cavity either until I hit 50 then my teeth disintegrated completely within two years. They would simply just break off at the gum line and eventually had them all taken out and now have dentures. But then I had the bones that hold my teeth in when I was 12 with them reset in my jaws and told then if they lasted till I was 30 I would be lucky. At any rate if you have teeth especially the bottoms one keep them as long as you can as dentures suck even the inlays.

loboloco

I guess dentistry has come a long way since I had teeth. I had a root canal probably 40 years ago and had the tooth extracted a year later. It was the only bad tooth I had in my whole life due to a tooth being busted off. I never had a cavity either until I hit 50 then my teeth disintegrated completely within two years. They would simply just break off at the gum line and eventually had them all taken out and now have dentures. But then I had the bones that hold my teeth in when I was 12 with them reset in my jaws and told then if they lasted till I was 30 I would be lucky. At any rate if you have teeth especially the bottoms one keep them as long as you can as dentures suck even the inlays.
Fortunately, I have always had healthy teeth (so far), but my son who is 26, has had to have almost all his teeth removed. They are waiting for a little more money to get him dentures.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Fortunately, I have always had healthy teeth (so far), but my son who is 26, has had to have almost all his teeth removed. They are waiting for a little more money to get him dentures.

It is funny as I had 4 kids, 3 boys and a girl. My youngest son 42 now and my daughter who died at 31 lost their teeth about that same age while the two oldest have great teeth. My daughter they said was due to child birth and my youngest son no clue. I have a theory though as they spent most of their preteen years in Texas while the two oldest spent those years in Florida. Texans think fluoridation is a communist plot while Florida has always had it. Funny thing is I meet few people in Florida in my life with bad teeth including my grandparents but Texas very few that had all of their teeth past 30.

loboloco

It is funny as I had 4 kids, 3 boys and a girl. My youngest son 42 now and my daughter who died at 31 lost their teeth about that same age while the two oldest have great teeth. My daughter they said was due to child birth and my youngest son no clue. I have a theory though as they spent most of their preteen years in Texas while the two oldest spent those years in Florida. Texans think fluoridation is a communist plot while Florida has always had it. Funny thing is I meet few people in Florida in my life with bad teeth including my grandparents but Texas very few that had all of their teeth past 30.
Damfino, I grew up on lime water, no fluoridation. Dentists said it was a genetic thing from his mother. Something about a failure to form enamel properly.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't find My root canals all that daunting . The only really painful part was when the tech put something really cold on the tooth . That really hurt !!!
As far as the crown , be careful with the temp that they give You . It's only held in place with luck ,and it's quite crunchy if You try to eat it .
I lost a couple of front teeth after a bad car accident years ago and had to have crowns. Before that, they took impressions with that mold that was ice cold. I almost jumped out of the damned chair.
All I had was basically little toothpicks left for teeth after the dentist ground them down before placing the crowns- which couldn't happen until I went up to Toledo and had a colour match done.
So I was walking around with these fashionable fangs for 2 days and had to eat lukewarm liquids and soft foods.
One broke loose about a year after that whilst I was munching on an eggroll.
Word Jim. Treat the crown like a piece of fine china, and learn to chew/bite differently.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Flouride is good for your teeth. My parents both had tons of cavities and dental issues. All of the kids have relatively perfect teeth (other than braces). My mom gave us flouride drops when we were kids.

I got my first cavities in my early 30's when I drank way too much diet coke - that stuff is really dangerous. I only have the occasional diet coke now and me teeth have been holding up pretty good.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
After reading the responses here about how easily and quickly others' root canals went, I wondered why mine took two seperate procedures, a week apart.

So I asked the attractive dental assistant, "Why the complication?"

She blushed.

Apparently, I have a very large root.

Ba dum bum, Tssss .....