• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Any faster and the system fails. Florida is down to 16% ICU beds available, 961

12-15k new cases/ day. Not many days of beds left

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Any faster and the system fails. Florida is down to 16% ICU beds available, 961

12-15k new cases/ day. Not many days of beds left

They can bring health care professionals from other areas and send the hospital ship that didn't get used in NY. There are a lot of resources available. I just heard on the local news that Ca. hospitals are at 73% of capacity. They need to run at 95% capacity in normal times to stay in business, but with elective surgeries being cut, thats where it is. Out of curiosity what would be your plan if you were in charge?

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
They can bring health care professionals from other areas and send the hospital ship that didn't get used in NY. There are a lot of resources available. I just heard on the local news that Ca. hospitals are at 73% of capacity. They need to run at 95% capacity in normal times to stay in business, but with elective surgeries being cut, thats where it is. Out of curiosity what would be your plan if you were in charge?

I’d hand over the keys if I was in charge, haha

Based on what has happened here, I’d follow the CDC guidelines for reopening. We never had the spread like in NYC but reopening was controlled, people were largely respectful of the guidelines and now the whole state is about back to normal with the exception of NYC being behind. Bars and restaurants aren’t what they were but that has been shown to be a place the virus likes to spread. We won’t get an answer on school for a few more weeks, they are still assessing how that will work. The main points are hospitals run at 70% capacity to allow for room should there be an outbreak (better than no electives), the rate of transmission stays near 1 or less, there are sufficient contact tracers to get outbreaks under control quickly. I think there are 1 or 2 more conditions that I’m not remembering. It’s all based on data numbers science, not opinions. It is here and we have to deal with it for a little bit, sucks but that’s where we are.

Or you toss the plan and pretend everything is normal, fill hospitals and morgues and have to lock back down

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The cool thing is you can get a serology test and have an answer- provided the antibodies haven’t already worn off. My wife got tested, no antibodies. I was a little disappointed, it would have been nice to know it came and went without complications.
I know that.
It's been discussed before, or should I say I mentioned it?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've a question for the class.

How many of you have had to live in fear when the pandemic started?
How many people have you personally known who were diagnosed as positive or died?
How many of you are still buying into the bullshit surrounding this?
Yeah, DeWine is calling for another ohhh wear the masks! Well maybe...:th_lmao:
Walmart are talking enforcement of mask wearing, really?
How many of you have actually had to go to a job every goddamn day not knowing whether you trust your government, but you have abided by "the rules" only to know you would receive the prize for a job well done, but still think deep DEEP down inside yourself...
We didn't do anything here.
This was never that big a thing.
There was no science behind this, it was just a virus.
Blown out of proportion.
I spent a lot of time this afternoon discussing this with two of the smartest men I know.
My kids.
Jeff calls it total bullshit/government control.
But thanks Mom because he has some belief in the involvement of healthcare in virus pandemics.
Ty just say fuck it. It was never what the government claimed it was.
We're being controlled.
And here I sit as their mother thinking about all of that knowing they know me best and have such a keen look at the world as we know it, right here. Right now.
Boy.... my fingers hurt.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
???
I didn’t realize that was a thing. I’m no forum pro. I’ve enjoyed the discussions but if I’m not doing it right, my bad. I’m not deeply invested and can go without. My phone logs me out if I’m not actively typing or scrolling or if I’m doing other stuff, again, sorry

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I've become too emotionally involved with covid..
Period.
I won't post another thing about it on this forum.
That is a promise.
I've enjoyed your thread immensely, Bob.
Thank you big.
/ out.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, ski, I just have to say by your fence sitting and still wanting to spout ill informed opinions you've managed to run off,to me, a valuable contributor to this thread.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 83

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Regarding the screen shots as data. The one that I would point out as very questionable is the one that is a month old. We are in a fast moving pandemic with rapidly changing evidence and rapidly changing advancements in care. I generally won't quote anything that is more than 1 week old because new treatments and new evidence is constantly coming out.

I dunno about that.

My brother is in the hospital biz. They have a group of hospitals. They don't run at 95% under normal times. At 95% he told me they consider the hospital in danger of being overwhelmed. I don't know what their normal rate it, but for some reason I think its a lot closer to 80% than to 95%. As it looked like they might approached 95% the governor in my state stopped all elective surgery and procedures.

Currently in my state (Indiana) elective procedures and surgery is allowed. According to the state "dashboard" it is showing 31% of the I.C.U. beds available right now. LINK => https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/2393.htm

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
You all stay I’ll go. It’s a smaller club than I realized. I thought the point was to discuss things, I didn’t realize this was an agreement forum. I’ll ask Doc to shut me down. I’ll miss the snow cat stuff but I’ll survive and you can carry on. Sorry to those I’ve offended, thanks to the folks I’ve gotten to know. Maybe post a list of rules so new people don’t run afoul.

Best wishes, sincerely

Mike

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You all stay I’ll go. It’s a smaller club than I realized. I thought the point was to discuss things, I didn’t realize this was an agreement forum. I’ll ask Doc to shut me down. I’ll miss the snow cat stuff but I’ll survive and you can carry on. Sorry to those I’ve offended, thanks to the folks I’ve gotten to know. Maybe post a list of rules so new people don’t run afoul.

Best wishes, sincerely

Mike

NOPE, you stay. We all stay. We don't have to agree. Exchanging ideas and differences is actually the best part.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Best wishes, sincerely

Mike

NOPE, you stay. We all stay. We don't have to agree. Exchanging ideas and differences is actually the best part.

What Bob said!

We don't have to agree, just agree to disagree sometimes.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

I agree also, it wouldn't be much of a discussion or debate if everyone thought the same way. As long as everyone is respectful I'm in. Bottom line is I think no one really knows where we are or where we are going. You can read and post your thoughts. Opinions are like assholes everyone has one and they all stink to others. I enjoy the back and forth also. some of the things Ski and Mr dad posted have made me think and do some research. I don't have to agree with it and they don't have to agree with me and thats OK too. A little ribbing is ok to as long as its in fun. Marty

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So now that we are firmly in the 2nd wave it seems reasonable to bring this thread back from the dead, especially since it was one of the most commented upon threads we've had.

MAYO CLINICS group of hospitals in Wisconsin is converting lobby areas and even heated garage areas into makeshift patient rooms in northern Wisconsin as the hospitals are being over-run with Covid patients.

YET ANOTHER DEMOCRAT was busted violating his own Covid lockdown rules. This seems to be a pattern with the hypocrites who hold top offices around the country. We've seen California, NJ, Illinois and NY governors caught. Now this from Colorado: https://www.zerohedge.com/political...democrat-leader-busted-breaking-his-own-covid

The COVID VACCINE's efficacy may be far below what the Pharma companies claim.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
COVID is surging in out rural East Texas county. For the past 3 or 4 weeks we've been recording over a 100 cases a week. The number of hospitalizations hasn't increased dramatically and the number of COVID related deaths has been running around 52 (since early March) for a while. That would seem to say that most people are being sent home with meds to isolate and recover.

Most of our friends are older and they are doing what we are doing, being careful and not taking any unnecessary risks. 3 people that I know caught it in the last month. The lady said that it was nothing worse than a bad cold. Her husband, who is middle aged, had it bad. Even though he's officially cleared he said that the after effects are terrible. He has chronic fatigue. He can't do anything for more that an hour and then he is buggered and has to quit for the day. The other guy, also middle aged, is still in hospital. He posted a letter on his Facebook page telling what he is experiencing and it's not pleasant. I still don't understand how it affects people so differently.

Most people, except oldies like us, have said "screw it", let's get on with our lives, to hell with the masks. That probably explains the surge we are seeing at the moment. The vaccine can't get here quick enough for me.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
For the longest time we were at 1 or 2 cases. For the past two weeks there have been 5-10 cases per day reported by the local health unit. One elderly person has died. There have been outbreaks in both seniors homes and the hospital.

One of the main contributors to the rise in cases is coming from people who were infected without symptoms and going to play "pickelball". Don't worry, I had to Google it too. Seems there's a local league where an outbreak occurred and spread throughout the players. One of them was asymptomatic and brought it home to an elderly relative who passed away within dsys of contracting it. Another "hot spot" was at a local thrift store where a homeless person spread it causing an outbreak.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Honestly, except for putting on a mask at the store and getting my temperature taken when ever I go to the field it has not disrupted my life much at all, I have a shop and on 6.5 acres there is plenty to keep me busy and if I get board there is the work cabin. I do feel sorry for those in a major city trapped in an apartment, but thats there choice. The Sheriff out here already stated they will not be enforcing over restrictive orders from the Govenor and the Vaccine is coming out soon. I see a light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope it isn't another train coming.

Ceee

Site Supporter
The El Paso area in Texas is experiencing some pretty bad stuff. The spike in that area seems to have stemmed from Labor Day festivities. I sure hope we don't see that in many other areas across the US because of Thanksgiving gatherings. And then there's Christmas gatherings coming up.

Now for the mushy female perspective. I've seen the clips on the local news of the Tx Nat'l Guard helping to load the plastic-wrapped bodies into those vehicles. I can't even imagine thinking about one of my loved ones being wrapped up like that and being loaded into a vehicle like that. It just breaks my heart. Mushy perspective...off.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
At the moment we have 2 residents on our covid unit.
I'm hoping and praying this doesn't get out of control like last time.
I hate quoting myself in order to make another post, but we've had 3 more test positive.
So far all but one of them are asymptomatic on the unit.
He's been running a temp ONLY for the last 24 hrs, but has otherwise been doing ok as far as appetite and independent mobility.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I hate quoting myself in order to make another post, but we've had 3 more test positive.
So far all but one of them are asymptomatic on the unit.
He's been running a temp ONLY for the last 24 hrs, but has otherwise been doing ok as far as appetite and independent mobility.
I couldn't imagine dealing with that first hand. You're a strong person. Good work.