• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kerry not running...

OkeeDon

MSNBC just announced breaking news that John Kerry has announced he will not run for President in 2008. He intends to run for his Senate seat again, and to continue working to end the war in Iraq.

It's not surprising, because in this crowded field of candidates, he would be starting from behind. It's somewhat of a shame, because in my opinion he is nowhere near as "evil" as he has been declared by some of my forum colleagues, and we would have been far better off with Kerry than with Bush in the past couple of years.

Here is the Democratic picture, right now:
Official Candidates:
Chris Dodd CT
John Edwards NC
Mike Gravel AK
Dennis Kucinich OH
Tom Vilsack IA
Announced or Exploratory:
Joe Biden DE
Hilary Rodham Clinton NY
Barack Obama IL
Bill Richardson NM
Potential Candidates:
Wes Clark
Al Gore
Al Sharpton
Already Declined:
John Kerry
Evan Bayh
Tom Daschle
Russ Feingold
Mark Warner

Although I'm fairly certain that no one cares, here's how I personally rank them, according to my preference, not how well I think they'll do. I like a couple that have declined, so I'm including them in my ranking:

1 Joe Biden
2 Wes Clark
3 Russ Feingold *
4 Mark Warner *
5 Barack Obama
6 Hilary
7 Al Gore
8 Tom Daschle *
9 Evan Bayh *
10 Bill Richardson
11 Chris Dodd
12 Tom Vilsack
13 John Edwards
14 Mike Gravel
15 John Kerry *
16 Howard Dean *
17 Al Sharpton
18 Dennis Kucinich

* Already declined

I've been a Biden fan for years; he truly does say what needs to be said without regard for political correctness. He's more of a straight shooter, in my opinion, than John McCain was before McCain went senile. Three years ago, I changed my registration from Independent, where I had been for over 40 years, to Democrat, just so I could vote for Wes Clark in the primary.

Cityboy

Banned
OkeeDon said:
MSNBC just announced breaking news that John Kerry has announced he will not run for President in 2008.

You have my condolences. :burp:

OkeeDon said:
It's somewhat of a shame, because in my opinion he is nowhere near as "evil" as he has been declared by some of my forum colleagues, and we would have been far better off with Kerry than with Bush in the past couple of years.

I'm sure you can quantify that statement. :rolleyes:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would guess the democrats are thrilled to hear Kerry's decision and the Republicans disappointed.

MadReferee

OkeeDon said:
because in my opinion he is nowhere near as "evil" as he has been declared by some of my forum colleagues,
You obviously haven't been back in Massachusetts for the last 12 or so years.:pat:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Kerry is gonna work to end the war?

So the Dems don't support the war eh? Let's see if their actions bear them out. Let's see what happens in the next war funding round. I think history will repeat itself - it will be funded. By houses controlled by Democrats this time around, the same ones that chanted we'll pull out.

It's all politics fellas. If we pull out, Iran goes in, Saudi Arabia incites a war with the new Iran/Iraq, Iran continues its mindless nuke build up, Isreal nukes Iran. It gets real bad. Whether we went in, in error or not, we gotta finish this. One way to finish this is "let" the nut in Iran continue down his path - Isreal will end the Iraq war for us by finishing off Iran. Once Iran is out of the running, we can leave in short order.

It will be an interesting time watching the Democrats back pedal on their campaign rhetoric.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Biden, one of the kee "creators" of the violent crime control and law enforcement act (AKA assault weapons ban).

Not saying it's good or bad, just thinking that it may be time to start stocking on some products before the price goes through the roof again.

JimR

Charter Member
MadReferee said:
You obviously haven't been back in Massachusetts for the last 12 or so years.:pat:

Maybe we can talk him into running for the Senate in Florida. I know many people who don't want that useless person here either.

MadReferee

I just sit up here across the border and wonder why all those people in Mass keep electing the dickhead twins Kerry and Kennedy. Massachusetts politics is always good for a good laugh.:applause:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
MadReferee said:
I just sit up here across the border and wonder why all those people in Mass keep electing the dickhead twins Kerry and Kennedy. Massachusetts politics is always good for a good laugh.:applause:
Inbreeding :confused2:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
MadReferee said:

They have seniority, and can bring home the bacon......:respect:

JimR

Charter Member
Bacon, They both were born rich. They have no bacon. Also, Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my assault weapons have.

MadReferee

JimR said:
Bacon, They both were born rich. They have no bacon. Also, Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my assault weapons have.
Born rich and in Kerry's case married rich. However, it just ain't those two, it's the entire Mass political system. I moved out in 1978 after 3 years and never looked back.

JimR

Charter Member
MadReferee said:
Born rich and in Kerry's case married rich. However, it just ain't those two, it's the entire Mass political system. I moved out in 1978 after 3 years and never looked back.

I wouldn't have married her no matter how much money she had. Damn she's ugly. I've tried to move out of Massachewshits. The wife won't let me yet.:yum: :yum:

MadReferee

JimR said:
I've tried to move out of Massachewshits. The wife won't let me yet.:yum: :yum:
Well, you know what the solution for that is don't ya?

When looking for a replacement the farther north you go the more that flannel and no front teeth come into play.:yankchain:

JimR

Charter Member
MadReferee said:
Well, you know what the solution for that is don't ya?

When looking for a replacement the farther north you go the more that flannel and no front teeth come into play.:yankchain:

Same goes for down the other way too except for the flannel.:yum: :yum:

JimR

Charter Member
Did you see him on the news last night. He couldn't even talk without stuttering and mumbling. My wife said he reminds her of a guy that has a lot to say, but none of it means anything. Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
JimR said:
Did you see him on the news last night. He couldn't even talk without stuttering and mumbling. My wife said he reminds her of a guy that has a lot to say, but none of it means anything. Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.

If I didn't see the title to this thread, I would immediately thing of GWB as the person that you are referring to. Guess that there is no shortage of bumbling idiots in Washington, that fit that same mold..

JimR

Charter Member
That was funny.

Did you know that Kerry's GPA was lower than Bush's in college? It showed bigtime last night with his stupid speech. Kerry spoke about our lack of concern for aids in Africa. Who are we, the world's fix-it problem solver? Where are all the other countries? Why are they not helping out Africa with aids? Why is Africa still in the dark ages? Couldn't they have done something with their lives in all these years? Hell, look at the US and where it has come in just the last 100 years. I think John Kerry should just move to Africa and handle this on his own. God Bless him, I wouldn't miss him.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
It is my opinion that most of the African countries don't care about Aids, because it helps to keep the population in check. Many of these countries can't feed the population that they presently have, so Aids is actually helping to eliminate the population. In civilized countries, the birth rate normally drops when the survival rate increases. The only exception to this is in places where there are government subsidies that are paid in direct proportion to the number of children that you care for. This is why our teen age birth mother rate is so high. Once they give birth to a child, the state will offer assistance to the mother and child in the form of cash payments for food and housing. Can't get along with your parents, get pregnant, and the state will provide what you need. On occasion I have watched the Maurie show... women with 3 & 4 children, that have no idea of who the father of any of them are, and they keep bringing men to find out who the father is. Some have run through 15 men, and still can't find the father. :eek:

JimR

Charter Member
Junkman said:
It is my opinion that most of the African countries don't care about Aids, because it helps to keep the population in check. Many of these countries can't feed the population that they presently have, so Aids is actually helping to eliminate the population. In civilized countries, the birth rate normally drops when the survival rate increases. The only exception to this is in places where there are government subsidies that are paid in direct proportion to the number of children that you care for. This is why our teen age birth mother rate is so high. Once they give birth to a child, the state will offer assistance to the mother and child in the form of cash payments for food and housing. Can't get along with your parents, get pregnant, and the state will provide what you need. On occasion I have watched the Maurie show... women with 3 & 4 children, that have no idea of who the father of any of them are, and they keep bringing men to find out who the father is. Some have run through 15 men, and still can't find the father. :eek:

I agree with you Junk about Africa. Maybe Kerry wants to bring them all to America for free everything just so he can get some more voters in case he tries to run again for the Big House

I also think we should stop paying for kids that have kids. It is destroying this country. I know a few young ladies that did exactly what you mentioned. They even got there college tuition paid for. What a way to go. All at the expense of the taxpayer. I know of another spoiled little brat that got put into the DSS system because the mother and step father couldn't handle her. The parents were divorced and both were remarried. The two families made over $650,000.00 combined salaries a year. The social system paid for this little brat to be housed, schooled and what not at no cost to the parents. What a system we have in this country. No wonder people all over the world want to come here. It is free ride if you know how to use the system.