• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
At this point I'm not sure what I'm doing today!

Original plan was to go to the high school to meet Dasha during her break and make some phone calls to college fencing coaches to arrange some meetings. I got a voice message from her, it was somewhat garbled, sounds like there may be no need to do that??? So I texted her and am waiting for her to wake up, read the text, and reply so I know if I am going there or if I am staying home and getting stuff done here that needs to be done.

Melen is coming home this afternoon, not sure exactly when. Probably mid-late? I'd like to go work out at the YMCA before she gets back home but who knows if that will happen either. Melen has an interview with CISCO computer device company to be an intern as a corporate lawyer. She also has another interview with Cummins Diesel Power. Both are 7 month work/study programs and my fingers are crossed for her. Honestly hoping for Cummins Diesel.

So for now I'll enjoy some hot coffee and relax until the world responds in some way

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Haircut this morning, then I am not sure what either. -12F this morning so I can tell you I am in no hurry to go out into that. This winter is dragging on and on and on. :yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
This winter is dragging on and on and on. :yum:

Yes, it is. My yard hasn't looked this bad since we bought the place 23 years ago. The weeds are thriving. It's too wet to mow and too wet and cool to spray.

Whatever happened to our usual winters with cool, sometimes cold, temps and clear blue sunny skies? If we get one sunny day a week lately, it's a bonus. I'm not ready for August but I am ready for this weather to change.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, it is. My yard hasn't looked this bad since we bought the place 23 years ago. The weeds are thriving. It's too wet to mow and too wet and cool to spray. ...
We have an amazingly horrible looking yard now! Better Homes & Gardens would happily use it as a "BEFORE" photo :unsure:

Our yard transitions between FROZEN TUNDRA and a MUD BOG with the temperature swings. We seem to swing between sub-zero and 40 degrees every few days.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We have an amazingly horrible looking yard now! Better Homes & Gardens would happily use it as a "BEFORE" photo :unsure:

Our yard transitions between FROZEN TUNDRA and a MUD BOG with the temperature swings. We seem to swing between sub-zero and 40 degrees every few days.

We've been swinging between -25 and 0. :yum: Damn straight ole TR is getting sick of it. :yum: The news is talking about how this cold winter we've had has been deadly to the invasive species. I hope they are talking about the illegal immigrants as well.:th_lmao::yum::th_lmao::yum:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i read my cookies' label-- they're 200-ish k-cals apiece-- they're addictive-- thus suppose i'll get over 100 lbs-- so, i'm gaining a few-- (not really--- i get hypermetabolic-- it's an oxymoron-- dine, so u lose)

my tub is draining, tho, & my desk is wobbly, yet kinda there, seeing as to how it's not staying on it's casters-- kinda got those going~~

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up this morning to the sound of thunderstorms. There were several bands of quick moving storms. The all dumped a ton of rain as they moved through. It's just the way things have been for weeks and weeks but it put the kybosh on my plans for today. So, to answer the question of what I am doing today, the answer is "I don't know". I'm getting totally bored with this weather and with all this sitting around I'm getting really out of shape. When I do get back to work it's going to be really hard … and sore!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I went to our annual gun show. Imagine that. 100s of people in a building with 100s of guns and ammunition and not a single shot fired. No fatalities. No injuries. I stood at one table for 15 minutes looking at a 300 win mag next to a 12 gauge shotgun. When I left, they were both still sitting there all innocent. Who would have thought?

Then I left and stopped at a couple boat dealerships. It's still early and most of the boats are still wrapped up for the winter. But I was given the green light yesterday to start shopping around for a new boat by my occupational therapist. If all goes according to plan, we're looking at a possible settlement for my accident. It's taken 4 years as we aren't talking nickel and dimes. We're also house hunting for something bigger that'll give more room in the future for a walker and other things.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So it was lunch instead of dinner.
Then "okay girls, pick out anything you want."
I was thinking Barbies, etc..

These kids know Nana is a pushover.
:yum:

20190309_133209-768x768.jpg

20190309_133223-768x768.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Birthday dinner tonite at the Texas Road house. Not my favorite place. Food is great but the noise level is very high.:unsure:

The crew at work bought us dinner gift cards.:clap::eatdrink:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been a very quiet Sunday so far.
I went to second mass.
Windy as heck outside!
I'll watch movies today, browse the net and make a nice dinner this evening.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I went to the 10am service too. Then paid for it all day. Those hard wooden pews do a number on my back and I even had my obusforme seat cushion. I also played the 5pm service yesterday. I try to stick to just the 5pm service these days as it's only 35 minutes and I'm only sitting in the pews for 5 minutes before getting up to play guitar and sing.

It's March break for the kids. My wife is off work till November. I'm already in negotiations with she who must be obeyed to spend time working in the garage.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Recovering from an acute attack of kidney infection.:hammer:

Woke up Sunday morning virtually unable to move. I guess my entire body was septic because everything hurt. Spent Sunday in bed mostly with quart after quart of cranberry juice and high doses of Vitamin C.:unsure:

I haven't called in sick for over twenty years but did so today. While I did feel much better this morning, the kidneys still hurt like hell. So I am not pushing it.

It is a good thing my son returned from Connecticut. He can run the business whilst the old man recovers.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Recovering from an acute attack of kidney infection.:hammer:

Woke up Sunday morning virtually unable to move. I guess my entire body was septic because everything hurt. Spent Sunday in bed mostly with quart after quart of cranberry juice and high doses of Vitamin C.:unsure:

I haven't called in sick for over twenty years but did so today. While I did feel much better this morning, the kidneys still hurt like hell. So I am not pushing it.

It is a good thing my son returned from Connecticut. He can run the business whilst the old man recovers.

Hope you feel better soon!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Take care of yourself.

The damp spring weather has taken a toll on my back. I've been laid up since yesterday afternoon barely able to move. I've got a heated vest on that I picked up last week from home depot. Best money I spent lately.

Canadian eh!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Birthday dinner tonite at the Texas Road house. Not my favorite place. Food is great but the noise level is very high.:unsure:

The crew at work bought us dinner gift cards.:clap::eatdrink:

When you ride the mechanical bronco, we want pics or better yet a video. :th_lmao::yum::yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
When you ride the mechanical bronco, we want pics or better yet a video. :th_lmao::yum::yum:

No, not this guy. I broke my back 55 years ago. It's all I can do to sit a well broke horse.

My BIL had an ill tempered dunn that took an immediate dislike to me. Beside being ugly he was somewhat mendacious. Threw me of three times. I believe he ended up on a plate or two in Paris.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Packing suitcases, straightening up the house, getting everything ready for the house sitter, etc.

The lovely Mrs_Bob and I will leave for San Francisco tomorrow with Melen & Dasha

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife found stuff under kitchen sink wet. Utt Oh. Leak. It appeared to be the putty where the sink and the drain basket come together was old and needed replaced.
No fun ....but naturally I could not find my plumbers putty. The stuff to often goes bad over time anyway .... So off to the store. Went ahead and got a new basket drain assembly and replaced that, applied the putty and put it back together. So far, I'm happy to report, No Leaks. Woo Hoo. Will leave it 24 hours to go through the cycle and see if any drips appear on the paper towels left under the sink.
Fingers crossed it all stays dry.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Feel better Franc!

Took a long walk to Veteran's bridge and back.
Saw an eagle flying over the river.
Cleaned the apartment.
Working tonight.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Still fighting the kidney thing.
Went to work this morning feeling weak but painless.

1/2 Hour into the day I was ready to go home.

My son is the technician/machinist who builds our apparatus and tooling. He normally comes in at 9:00 and stays until 6:00 PM to load shipments.

When he arrives, I'll turn it over to him.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Still fighting the kidney thing.
Went to work this morning feeling weak but painless.

1/2 Hour into the day I was ready to go home.

My son is the technician/machinist who builds our apparatus and tooling. He normally comes in at 9:00 and stays until 6:00 PM to load shipments.

When he arrives, I'll turn it over to him.
No antibiotics?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Back to doing nothing. Got up this morning and after one day of respite, it's back to damp, drizzly and miserable. I've got the yard half cut but it looks as if it'll be a couple of days before I can get back to it.

I messed with a downed tree yesterday. I'm really out of shape after this winter.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
No antibiotics?

I consider antibiotics as last resort. First, they tear up the lower gut by killing the good bacteria in the colon and lower intestine.. Last time I took them I was six months getting my lower bowels back on regular time. Homeopathic for me.

I used;
Cranberry Juice ( not drink; juice) , 16 oz three times daily, Great for the kidneys

Dried red Cherries and Dried Cranberries

1800 milligrams of Vitamin "C" to turbocharge my immune system

Plain water, 12oz four times a day to flush my kidneys, uretha and bladder.

SuperBeets to open my blood vessels

And 6 oz. Elderberry wine just because Elderberry is a dark fruit. You'll have to just gi'me that one.

I cut out coffee and beer. Toughest part of the regimen.

My kidneys responded within an hour and were fine by the next day. Had they not I would have called for antibiotics. Now I have had other symptoms, transient bi-lateral pains in the upper and lower stomach. However, Always clear urine and good volume without any pain at urination.

Most of my lower back pain today is actually my lower spine. After 55 years of that injury I know it is. I slept wrong. I'm seeing my Chiropractor later today.

So doctor, (I mean that as a compliment) what is your diagnosis and recommendations.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds to me like you had a slight bladder irritation. No pain after your regimen, clear urine.
That's not indicative of a worrisome infection.
Excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.