• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Hugs and love to you John and Jan.
Man oh man!
Everyone just get well so I can stop worrying!!
:yum:
I am serious.:wink:

I've been busy today.
House is clean, kids are sleeping soundly, waiting for Ty to get home so we adults can eat these burritos I'm waiting to assemble.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The boy's toy.
His pride and joy.
He said it's 500 lbs heavier on the steel axle, or something like that.

FB_IMG_1529720747401.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Good thing we have a nurse onboard here. We have enough of us injured to fill a hospital ward. . Now come help me up to use the bathroom. [emoji28]

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Today I had to sit the skills test (driving part) of my class B commercial driver's license so I can actually use this big, honking RV that has been sitting in my driveway for 2 months. I had already passed the written test.

In Texas if your vehicle (RV) has a gross vehicle weight rating of over 26K pounds you need a non commercial class B license to be able to drive it on the road. The new RV that I bought back in April has a GVWR of 33K pounds so I knew that I needed to get an endorsement to my driving license. Life kinda got in the way but I eventually got round to it. I had heard so many horror stories about getting a CDL that I was really nervous about it but it was simple, straightforward and pretty easy. The testers were very professional and gave clear, simple instructions. The result was that after 30 minutes of driving around on all kinds of roads, I PASSED. YEH ME!!!! The open road is now my highway to America. It sounds poetic but I've been driving RVs for 12 years so it's nothing new … only bigger and better … and with this rig, easier.

Anyway, I'm sitting here with a celebratory Scotch (or two), feeling pretty good about myself.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thats classy! Be a shame to get it dirty! :mrgreen:

Friend of mines Dad had a Holmes 500 on a 63 Chevy and a Holmes 750 on a 59 Mack. They were red but not near as many lights. :yum:
He keeps it pristine at all times, better than he does his Camaro.
Other tow operators that are local are impressed with his lights lol

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The wife has decided to go to CT and pick up our grandson for the summer.

He was gonna fly but now they want to bring a friend,,,; and a cat so.....
I'm up early for an oil change and charging her AC.

For years, I have been looking forward to when it is just the two of us. And we can get back to romancing and enjoying each other again. It's why we boat the new sailboat.

I guess this is what the joke means about watching God laugh. If ever you want to make him laugh,,,; tell him your plans.

well., maybe next year.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Coated with POR 15 sealer inside of my gas tank. Hope it works. Trying to route the fuel lines so they won't rub on anything.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, with you it is a sailboat, with me it's a RV. Every time I plan a trip, my wife finds something that has to be attended to before we go or something that really has to be done NOW!!! It was really her idea in the first place, although I wasn't averse to it, but I bought it with the understanding that we would really use it.

God may not be laughing but he is surely snickering in the background. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You know you're a good Grammy when rocking the chillinz to sleep, you've got an itch, but don't dare move..just sayin'..
:smile:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
A two mile walk then PT, then made a tuna macaroni salad, then took a nap. Now going to wash the truck. Great day.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
A two mile walk then PT, then made a tuna macaroni salad, then took a nap. Now going to wash the truck. Great day.
Two mile walk? Hell.....I just walked to the garage and my legs nearly gave out on me.

We had friends over for a bbq last night so I had him help hook up my scooter lift to the truck so I can get out this week.

So I was originally supposed to be at a scout camp this weekend but surgery changed that. So my lovely wife has been running like crazy carting kids around everywhere. Two were at the scout camp an hour away. She drove them out friday then drove back out yesterday as our oldest son took a spill on his bike and possibly fractured his elbow. She had to drive out, get him, bring him to the hospital for xrays, wait for a half cast to be put on, then come home. Today she's back out there to pick up our foster daughter.

90f84c18ca79bd9d5f7bbfa69cd39cb3.jpg

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Two mile walk? Hell.....I just walked to the garage and my legs nearly gave out on me.

We had friends over for a bbq last night so I had him help hook up my scooter lift to the truck so I can get out this week.

So I was originally supposed to be at a scout camp this weekend but surgery changed that. So my lovely wife has been running like crazy carting kids around everywhere. Two were at the scout camp an hour away. She drove them out friday then drove back out yesterday as our oldest son took a spill on his bike and possibly fractured his elbow. She had to drive out, get him, bring him to the hospital for xrays, wait for a half cast to be put on, then come home. Today she's back out there to pick up our foster daughter.

90f84c18ca79bd9d5f7bbfa69cd39cb3.jpg

It's going to happen, my man. Soon the young ones will not be able to keep up.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Trimming trails in our woods. Multiflora and other crap grow fast into the trails and make it painful to pass through them. Thorns hurt. Hot sweaty job but ya feel good once it's done. One done. Shower time. Others will wait till another day.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I can relate. we cut trails on our Ozark place, 80 acres of woods and a stream. Week-end after weekend of sweaty nasty work. Snakes, mosquitos and chiggers so big they come with chain saws. Haven't been there for two years now so I imagine they are all but gone.

Once you try to tame the woods you can never stop,,,;Mother nature gets revenge.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting over the shocking events from the past 24 hrs.

Last evening around 6pm, Ty took Maddie the 3 year old for a walk up the clearing beyond the pond.
Wild blackberries galore!
They picked a bunch of them.
Now I know why the deer have been coming down.
We had a quiet evening, I didn't cook, we ordered pizza.

This morning I walked out to the porch and spied one little one in a trap with a sibling walking around it.
I called Ty and asked what I should do.
He's coming home at noon to release it over at the park.

20180625_082127.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just got passed by a turtle. Brought the truck in for a new fan belt and pulley. Dropped it off. Unloaded the scooter and went cruising around for a couple hours. Bought a new pressure washer. Looked at some new f150s. Now at an appointment. Extremely sore but powering through. Last scout meeting tonight. Doing a big bbq.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ty put Aqua Shade in the pond and then an algae killer.
He says "There mom, now in a few weeks you can swim in it!"
Nooooo thank you!
I don't want all those fish nibbling on me.

:yum:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I drew an outline of a body on the carpet next to a bad stain in our spare bedroom. the inlaws are coming over this weekend and are spending the night.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been busy all morning.
Keeping the kids occupied.
Put them to bed for a nap.
Nope, they weren't having it.
:hammer: so.. it's let them run wild and play with their toys.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Finished a day of questioning by 3 lawyers representing my insurance and the two others involved in my accident. Mentally exhausted but did alright.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Took out a couple of large Oak stumps for a neighbor . About the time I got done ,he brings out this old Echo weed eater . Said it split the purge bulb ,so he changed it ,now it won’t run . I dearly hate working on old weed eaters ,especially after an attempted fix ... needs a carb kit ,so I ordered a chinese carb off of Amazon . They always work ,and in this case are cheaper than the kit . So, now I’m off to the shop to gring 2 36”chains . Stumping with a long bar basically guarantees that you’ll cut more rock and dirt than wood .:thumbup:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Finally got the sleepy boogers to bed, Ty got us Mexican food to give me a break from cooking.
Now he's gonna go take duckies out for a swim.
I'm going to show Ali how to crochet and knit later.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Jan ,and I are about to have the grand opening of our new bussiness venture . Finally got the sign made and installed . So, if ou are ever in the great ,and scenic suburbs of West Sunbury . . .
99203BF7-494F-4383-BCFE-1E8D1C1696F6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.