• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Throwing snow on the Grand Mesa

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
A few more pictures from the weekend

Attachments

• GOPR0025.jpg
    GOPR0025.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 262
  • GOPR0029.jpg
    GOPR0029.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 258
  • GOPR0024.jpg
    GOPR0024.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 250

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
thats good where are all the krusty owners telling me how fast there machines are you all just need a snow trac out there to run circles around you all

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Remember he couldn't use 4th gear because of the carb issues. We were clipping along later on the other vid on the page before at 15mph or better. That Kristi is faster than these vids show. I was impressed. You are welcome to join us anytime!

KT3survivor

thats good where are all the krusty owners telling me how fast there machines are you all just need a snow trac out there to run circles around you all

truth is, yes. a snowtrac is probably faster. that video doesnt even show my machine in 4th gear low (let alone high range) but that doesnt matter. we get it, you hate kristi's. you let us know with every single post no matter what the thread subject. :beatdeadhorse5:

I'll ask again, have you ever even driven one???

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
sadly, with the passing of Big Al, we, the kristi owners lost our Foil to such harmless attacks, he provided the spark and hope to own and run a Kristi in the face of overwhelming odds of the snow track attack P.R. machine, and yet we keep the flame burning, for Big Al, stay calm and kristi on....

it has been said, it's the year of the Kristi, and long live Kristi:clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

KT3survivor

not mad at all. but how long can one smile and nod without a response?? :yum: usually vw people unite under one banner but snowcats are appearently the exception. so be it.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
don't get me wrong don't hate kristies ,just some friendly banter intended in good fun. if another Kristi owner wants some fun he should post the pic the picture of me with my with the snot trac jacket on helping him on his Kristi kind of like the 2 track vs 4 track stuff I haven't seen in a while. by the way its been my experience most of thesemachines will do between 8 and 15 mph and that's about all the terrain will allow we had one member out there also a Kristi owner used to talk about how fast his was. but when I had the opportunity to meet him he admitted it was only about the same as the snow trac . if you want fast get a 601 or range master

KT3survivor

your speed numbers are spot on. and even though I can go faster in 4high (id say 20-22 max) the tracks themselves are the real speed limiter. vibrations at that speed arent something i would want to endure for any prolonged amount of time. I think the kristi owners who claim land speed records are reading the literature more than operating the thing. at the end of the day its still a snow tractor. not built for speed.

all this bieng said, ill drag race anyone for a laugh but I think a kristi would shine the brightest on a steep and deep hill climb.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Let's go look for the steep and deep when I get back from McCall? No competition just go see what these things will do!!

KT3survivor

sounds like fun to me. like a high mark without the turn. i remember seeing the different manufactures doing the same thing in the old kristi DVD's. gathering to test the limits of each machine in the earliest days of the snowcat evolution.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
either that or head towards Indian Point? do me a favor..text me you phone number

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
your speed numbers are spot on. and even though I can go faster in 4high (id say 20-22 max) the tracks themselves are the real speed limiter. vibrations at that speed arent something i would want to endure for any prolonged amount of time. I think the kristi owners who claim land speed records are reading the literature more than operating the thing. at the end of the day its still a snow tractor. not built for speed.

all this bieng said, ill drag race anyone for a laugh but I think a kristi would shine the brightest on a steep and deep hill climb.
First off any time there is a krusty joke cracked it is expected you will throw it back at said jokester its all supposed to be in good humor . secondly I wouldn't want to get into a climbing match with a Thiokol 2100 the wow factor I experienced last winter was nothing short of impressive I wished there was a way to convey it with a camera.

jask

Hahaha, your awesome, thank you Al Gore!

By the way... nice camera work in the video.. it almost looks like you are on level ground... but we know that can not be the case because Krusties ONLY move that fast with the assistance of a steep slope and lots of gravity... or a tow rope....

;) :)

KT3survivor

you caught me?!?!? :yum:

I could recreate all of my kristi footage in CGI enhanced claymation and it would still be posted here sooner than any footage of a sweedish mail jeep in 2017. . . . . seems the year of the kristi has all the snot-tracs hiding in the garage for a change. its OK to be scared of man-bear-pig, he is real after all. :w00t2:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
always enjoy some of it but right now if I take pics all you see is lights next month the sun will be up until 8 0r 9 00