• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pisten Bully on CL

akmountaineer

No affiliation. Seems like a great deal if they work.

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/sno/4306134096.html

00B0B_uGM70HvyCI_600x450.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Smells like a SCAM to me. Be very careful.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got to wonder though...

With 9,000 hrs.... I am pretty sure that one wheel motor or pump would cost as much as the cat does... The purchaser would be wise to understand that the cost of keeping them up and running could be quite high. Any maintainance records that shows what has or hasn't been done to them over time would be nice. Not sure i would even be interested in them untill I knew a whole lot of their history.

I have rebuilt hydro motors before that cost $15K each to rebuild. These won't cost that much though... But enough to make a cheap unit not so cheap in the long run...

Regards, Kirk

Got to wonder though...

With 9,000 hrs.... I am pretty sure that one wheel motor or pump would cost as much as the cat does... The purchaser would be wise to understand that the cost of keeping them up and running could be quite high. Any maintainance records that shows what has or hasn't been done to them over time would be nice. Not sure i would even be interested in them untill I knew a whole lot of their history.

I have rebuilt hydro motors before that cost $15K each to rebuild. These won't cost that much though... But enough to make a cheap unit not so cheap in the long run...

Regards, Kirk

The guy got back to me pretty quickly with his phone number and information, he says they have maintenance done by certified mechanics so I'm assuming they're from a ski resort.

I'll try to get some more information and put it up here for everybody. It's a long shot that I'd even be interested in them but man would I love to have one of those cats!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
At 9,000 hours the engine and every thing hooked to it could be well worn and need replaced by the new owner. Hopefully some on can give you the list of the components that have either been replaced or rebuilt. Even then I would want to examine them in person, and with a mechanic at my side...

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I will say if I just had to have a pb one of those would be at the top of my list they just look cool. I don't have the money to throw at it and shipping would break the bank and deal even if it were free.

treeeman00

yes I would ove to have at least one of them but he is 25 hours from me and don't have the time or resources. That guy, yes I called him just for the hell of it and he did not mention anything that the cats were going to be shipped. He said that there was a guy that said he was gonna fly in to look at them but the guy never gave him a time or anything.