• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Winding it down .....finally

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well , I started the fire repair project for some friends on Feb 4th of this year . I'll be finishing up the last few details in the next couple days .
I had promised they would have there home back before I left next Tuesday for Panama . Its been a push of 7 days a week for a while getting it done .It came in $15000 under budget .

Unfortunately the husband took a nasty fall and passed away in May so he will not see the results .

Its a completely new home , Wiring , siding , sheetrock , cabinets , floors, Plumbing ,roof, tile & paint just to name a few and other than the carpet in the one bedroom I did all the work . This is my last "hands on"project and I plan to hang up the carpenters apron and just oversee any projects from now on .

With the extra money I recieved , I plan to spread it around and do something I been wanting to do for 3 years .On Thursday of next week I will be paying for and building the new Church on the island in Panama for my Friends , The Bugle Indians .They are the best !!!! Everybody is welcome to attend . It will be a simple little water front church that will hold about 50 people for services
I will be hiring unskill labor and teaching then the construction trade so they will gain experience in building . The men I train are highly sought after and usually can pick up a job very easy in construction by the time i am done with them .The Island has beem booming for a few years and any skilled labor is hired quickly . Most unskilled labor is about $1.25 per hour , but after learning some skills they can easily earn $25 a day . That is huge difference in this country .
Maybe I should have been a teacher as I sure enjoy working with them and seeing the advances they make as time goes on . :smile:

Stop by if you get a chance to come to Bocas Del Toro, Panama . I am on inside channel side of Bastimentos Island . Just look for the biggest Gringo on the island !!!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought about poking some fun at you but I'm glad you found something that makes you feel good other than rum and krusties. I doubt I will ever be down that way but if you ever visit Idaho again I may just have to pop in and say hi. even though we poke fun at each others snow cat's you have been a good friend. I will think of you tomorrow morning while eating waffles.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck with the church Al. You will be doing other projects while you are down there. We all know you can't sit still for very long.:clap::clap:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Best of luck, Al. Passing on the gifts that we have been given is what it's all about. Once we're gone, our legacy can live on through those we have enriched with our knowledge. Taking it to the grave does nobody any good.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Best of luck, Al. Passing on the gifts that we have been given is what it's all about. Once we're gone, our legacy can live on through those we have enriched with our knowledge. Taking it to the grave does nobody any good.

Well said JEV. :agree:
All the best Al. What a great project for you on your return to your paradise on earth. Take care my friend.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

You are exactly right ! I sometimes get mad , throw a temper tamtrum , push myself a little to far , expect all people to do the right thing and try to see life through Rose colored glasses . I can't control what other people do , but I sure as hell can try to make myself worthy of the tools and learning the "Good Lord' gave me .
Life is about "Paying it forward" and showing the world that some people do care .

I know Damn well, I talk to much about Panama and I am sure at times people get tired of hearing about it . This is really the first Time in my life that I have been able to inner mingle with another culture of People and had my eyes so opened about what is really important in the "Big Picture" called life . I will owe these people the rest of my life as they have shown and taught me so much more than anything I could ever do for them . They alone have given me a reason to live life to the fullest !

This is like going home for me and my wife . This will be the last chapter in my book of life . I look forward to the "Trials and Tribulations" it brings with it , as I go forward . I put my trust in God .

I am sure there will be new stories to tell when I return to share with you about my favorite place on Earth

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
now I know why Allen doesn't finish his krusty. we all might converge on his house and have a party out of the back of his kt-7, and rally his kt3. along a s the kt3 has no tracks and doesn't run it's safe from all us party animals. good luck Al

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck Allen. Don't stop living life. For both of us the road behind us is a lot longer than the road in front of us. Enjoy every frikkin' day. :clap::clap::clap:

(PS Except for me. I'm still immortal and invincible)

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Allen do drop me an e-mail when you get down there I may still need your words of wisdom from time to time. I have good idea bring your kt-7 with you , you never drive it that much any way. once you get there you can have an open air wet bar on the beach.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Best of luck in the new life Allen.

As the sayin' goes, we must grow old but we do not have to ever grow up.
Life is full if surprises, twists, and turns. One never really knows what is coming next. That's the beauty of it.

Enjoy!:clap: