• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wheeler snow plow rebuild

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Since we moved back to Idaho I've been on the lookout for a used snowplow for my Suzuki. Hauled a load to the dump and found this. Very rusty and pitted but otherwise in good shape. I did some beefing up on the weak points that they all have. I figure I'll have about $50 in it. I've found Flood Penetrol makes a very tough and smooth primer for bare metal. I just spray paint over it after it dries.
When we lived here before I figured a way to attach a nylon dog leash to the winch drum to lift the plow. It works great and no more chewed up winch cable!!
Mike

Attachments

• snow plow 001 (Small).jpg
    snow plow 001 (Small).jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 26
  • snow plow 002 (Small).jpg
    snow plow 002 (Small).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 26
  • snow plow 004 (Small).jpg
    snow plow 004 (Small).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 27
  • snow plow 016 (Small).jpg
    snow plow 016 (Small).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 26
  • snow plow 017 (Small).jpg
    snow plow 017 (Small).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 26
  • snow plow 011 (Small).jpg
    snow plow 011 (Small).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 27

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is a cheap price for a plow. They work well as long as you keep up with the storm. Good find.