• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

tucker blade for sale

tucker blade and push frame with all hook ups----listed on face book snow grooming section----612-919-6006-----not mine----I don't do face book so I cant tell u how to find it on face book

Aaron Tucker

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Aaron,

The blade itself is really just part of the problem, and realistically - probably the easy part. My old-school Tuckers use a 3-spool valve with a complicated mechanical linkage system. It works, though there's a fair amount of travel and force required.

The new systems are hugely improved and use a true joystick that provides electronic control of the hydraulic valves. Definitely way nicer and more user friendly, but they typically require application-specific programming. I don't have the remotest idea of the cost, but it's a safe bet it isn't cheap. Here's a link to a company that makes these systems: https://www.crossco.com/blog/electronic-joysticks-mobile-machine-applications

My snowcat buddy and I are replicating a Tucker six-way blade system for a machine and it's a pretty big project. We have all of the components to look at, take measurements from, etc and yet it's still very time consuming to make one. My advice to people who wanted a blade for their Tucker before starting this project was to find a machine you liked with a blade - and buy that and sell your machine. Now, after being perhaps 75% done with our blade project my advice would be...find a machine with a blade - and buy that one.

Some years ago I had a conversation with Dan Dressler, a Tucker factory salesman (darn nice guy) about a used machine I was considering. It was a 1980 and had the factory six-way blade. His comment was the blade option probably cost $10K new, and added about $3K to the value of that machine.

I would think a Trooper costs a whole lot more than an old Tucker and I wonder what the effect of having a non-factory blade setup would be on the resale value. I suspect many potential buyers would prefer a blade, but would want a factory blade.

wow---u need to tell your fab. guy to stop watching all the fake hot rod shows----lol-----my shop rate is 80 per hour----- u do the math

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, for 15k you could also buy a blade with a nice yellow northern lights Spryte attached to it.