• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snow!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
yay~
beyond me as to why ppl despise winter. winter/snow is gorgeous! & f-in, :yum:, that plow jus' went by. already. there may be a total of 4 snowflakes to get. gotta luv penndot.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep. It was green this morning and now everything is white.

I hope that plow wasn't down on that truck. Well, at least your roads get attention.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm jealous. this snow has gone elsewhere already.
they must be bored here, them plowers. over @ my other place(s), they would let 'at snow be until twas' nearly injurious if u went to get the mail. couldn't open the screen door. i kept a shovel & salt to clear a path to trudge to the grocery place, so as to get into a near fist-fight w/ gramma jones over the last pack of hearing aid batteries. nomatter that u have not got a hearing aid & have hyperacuity. might need them batteries one day. make that flashlite run via them & tin foil 1 day.:w00t2:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Been snowing lightly since about 6 am. Had a brief heavy band and now getting a break. Turkeys have found the corn in the feeder and are chowing down. 24 of them.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
muley has a fluctuating flow.

Attachments

• 51VxIxuBU0L.jpg
    51VxIxuBU0L.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 99

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I finished eating the last of the cantaloupe last night and had some fresh pineapple for breakfast with SOS. No fluctuation problems here.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
may as well send those prunes in that pantry ur way. & a bottle of toilet cleanser, too.

Attachments

• toptoiletpaper2.jpg
    toptoiletpaper2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 91

Pretty Flamingo

Snow is ok, but it is when it compacts, freezes over and is treacherous - that is why most don't like it. Also for some homes it is difficult to warm them. More elderly die because of complications from the cold weather too. They go to take the garbage out, slip, and lay in the cold undiscovered and pass away.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Snow is ok, but it is when it compacts, freezes over and is treacherous - that is why most don't like it. Also for some homes it is difficult to warm them. More elderly die because of complications from the cold weather too. They go to take the garbage out, slip, and lay in the cold undiscovered and pass away.

snow is similar to nuthin' here. it's there, u buy snow boots & continue on, & in this city, if u saw an elder, u take a few to speak to them. offer to lend ur time to them- take thier groceries to thier place. i take ppls' garbage to the curb. we share here. give/take. cannot grasp why we're considered 1 of the most mean cities.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Luvs - Calling for -15 tonight in the burg. Get everyone inside and find the blankets.

We ended up with 1-2 inches tonight. Nothing to even worry about.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang! i thought 2 was cold for tonight. The next 2 nights are to be 0 or below. 15 for daytime high with a bit more snow. We only ended up with about 1" from today's squalls.

Pretty Flamingo

snow is similar to nuthin' here. it's there, u buy snow boots & continue on, & in this city, if u saw an elder, u take a few to speak to them. offer to lend ur time to them- take thier groceries to thier place. i take ppls' garbage to the curb. we share here. give/take. cannot grasp why we're considered 1 of the most mean cities.

Nice. You have a sense of community, but I am sure it is not like that everywhere there. We have areas here where people help others out but mostly in the inner cities we don't know our neighbours.

We have planes that can't take off the runway as the airports haven't invested in the equipment that cold countries do. We have schools that close at the last minute because the grounds may be too slippery and some child may slip, be injured and the school is sued. We have trains that are cancelled so people can't do the commute into work. We can't cope.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
flamingo, this post was 'bout snow.
yep, i'm thankful fer the stuff. being urban is sweeeet to me~ i very much apologize. that's me. i know u'll luv a few ppl, ignore others, have tight bonds w/ a few, have great nites w/ clusters of pals yelling over ea. other & drinking. well, that would be me, anyhow.

school delays- those were reasons to burst into hysterics of thankful emotion. a school closing- that was the event of events.

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowing like mad when I woke up and we got maybe another 2". We are at 3 but the wind is brutal. Even the old tomcat only stayed out for about 5 minutes and wanted back in. Hot tub felt good this morning!:clap:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
jagov. goin' & having a whirlpool when i'm here in my jammies & a hoodie~. geez, i gotta pay a cabbie to get to 1,- then, last time i was over there, an old lady was in the tub. sans a swimsuit. cannot describe my disgust. i've yet to emotionally accept that. in 1 glimpse, saw so much stuff that should be shaven. my eyes have gotten better-ish since that afternoon (i chose to try & keep my eyes closed fer a few so as to preseve my sanity 'an at. i keep getting bruises from those doorways jumpin' into my path. keep them closed sometimes, to this day.)

got to get these new contact lenses. thier shade is named 'jaded'.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You should see me and the wife then Luvs!:w00t2:Loaded up the boiler and plowed the lane. The uphill part was blowed bare and other spots had 8-10" drifts. Behind my building it is deep and was even drifted inside the one big door. Sun is shining bright but the wind is terrible out there.:hammer:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
that snow keeps pouring. began last nite as near-invisible dust, & now is piling on again. oddly enough, the plows have not gone by w/ thier usual conscientiousness. there's so thick a coating of sludge/snow that needs to be cleared away. i should get a sled. it's cold, tho way better than the recent daze.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Daughter's school quit a bit early today. Son was supposed to have an after school event but he just walked in the door as it's been cancelled. Mrs. Zoom called 20 minutes ago and they told her to leave early.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Started snowing about an hour ago. Temp dropped back to 9 now and we have a 30 mile drive to go for dinner with my BIL and his wife.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Shit, and I didn't do any real outside work today because it got to a damp, misty, 52 degrees. Ran errands all day instead.

It's OK Luvs, I know, I'm a jagov. Right????

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
huh~
etf, ur etf w/ weather that's different than this weather. i luv snow. if i were gonna say u were a jagov, there would hafta be a reason.......

Short bus

from where I am sittng anyone reporting snow is braging, and while I should be. I can not. (see drought) There for if you are braging about snow you could be a viewed a jagov.
No Snow = :sad: