• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was home at 10:15 last night.
That may be record breaking time for giving report and bugging out.
:tongue:
So I've got two days off now, yes!
I'm up with the caffeine coursing through my veins, not really planning on doing much of anything today.

My kids have been texting me about boredom.
Suck it up, there is always something to do.
Stay safe everyone!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Day five of self quarantine. Wind storm blew some shingles of the other night. didn't see it until this morning.

That and a string of lights the wifey wants put up in back.

Then I tackle the Husky lawn mower. Ran it two weeks ago just fine. Now it won't start. Only one year old. Fuel is fresh.?????

This is just like being retired. I hate it!

Everything is fine at the plant. My son is pulling double duty. Orders for medical products are coming in fast and large. Originally contracted to fill in around our regular work, Primarily a loss leader so we can brag about being rated to do Medical grade. We don't make much margin on them.

We refuse to take advantage and raise prices. So March and April will be high dollar but low profit, if any. Wish I was there on the plant floor.

No fever for five days so I may go in Thursday. I could use the rest.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So far I've done my weds morn workout to stay mobile and active. Not planning to leave the yard today. Planning a grocery run tomorrow and a couple other quick stops then home to hide.

The kids aren't happy. The government announced yesterday that there won't be any school until after at least may 5th. My guess is see you in september. But in the meantime, they have rolled out online training for each student along with the guidelines as to how many hours per week they are expected to complete and what to focus on. Their teachers are assigning them work online now. We'll see how that goes. We have 6 kids here and deal with 4 different schools so it'll be interesting to see how they (and we) cope with this.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Franc
Food factory here. About 300 people. We have run out of dust masks. Have purchased about 150 face shields so far but can't find anymore. Have been asking folks to bring bandanas or anything else they may personally own to protect themselves and others.

Any leads on bulk dust masks or face shields?

Could use 150 face shields.
As for masks - thousands.

Fred

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's overcast, but the weather isn't bad here.
I'll take my walk this afternoon then again before dark.
I'm making bratwurst wrapped in crescent rolls for dinner, probably find a good movie to watch tonight, then have face time with my grandbabies.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Day 20 of House Arrest. Made a run to the supermarket for Senior Hour at 6AM to replenish perishables. Not too busy. No TP. Was going to pick some up for the in laws, so I ended up giving them 6 rolls of our own. We have over a year's supply so no problemo there.

Picked up some bar & chain oil at Tractor Supply so I shall be cutting wood later this week. :thumbup:

Enough running around for a while. Plan on staying right at the fort working now that the weather is getting better by the day and the last of the snow is gone. :clap::thumbup:

Stay healthy, stay safe and Keep the Faith. :smile:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Just went down to the shop to irritate my son a little, one of my favorite activities when the buttons I push light him up, right now his tattooed girlfriend is the topic. All from more than 6 feet away, safety first:th_lmao:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Just went down to the shop to irritate my son a little, one of my favorite activities when the buttons I push light him up, right now his tattooed girlfriend is the topic. All from more than 6 feet away, safety first:th_lmao:

Torquing jaws is great sport. Especially when they give themselves away and let you know the "right" buttons to push. Lots of fun.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Didn't do much today, about thinly thing productive was priming a shit load of brass I cleaned yesterday from all the shooting we have been doing lately.

Organized the garage and my gun room. Then casted a shitload of lead for the shit load of primed brass. Tomorrow I will start loading them up, then the wife and I will have a shoot o rama.

Attachments

• IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0708.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 40

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Took out the trash this morning. It's significant because it was the first time in a week I have been outside the front gate, since the last time I took out the trash.

I finally got to spray some weed killer on the yard today, 110 gallons. That filled in the afternoon. It's supposed to start raining again on Friday and keep going for the next week. This quarantine and isolation wouldn't be so bad if the darned weather would co-operate. I see lots of naps in my future.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Day 21 of our House Arrest. Rain, snow and wind in the forecast for today. I too see a nap or two in my future as well.

Looks like Saturday will be a good day to get outside and start moving the deck and patio furniture out of winter storage.

I need to find someone to deliver mulch. Not even sure if that is allowed to happen here during this crisis. I wouldn't thing mulch would be consider an essential service. :th_lmao:

Stay healthy, stay safe. Keep the Faith.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Took my sweet old time getting out of bed this morning.
That was nice.
Just been puttering around, talking to the grandies and trying not to go stir-crazy.
Normally I'm not one to do that, as there is always something to do.
Another walk will happen today since the weather is beautiful.
Right now I'm eating beef vegetable soup that I had made a while back.
Found it in the back of the freezer.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The weather this morning didn't look to promising but it is starting to brighten up some. The rain is supposed to begin late afternoon and carry on forever.

After lunch I think I am going to get the big tractor fired up and do some bush hogging, at least until the rain starts.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc
Food factory here. About 300 people. We have run out of dust masks. Have purchased about 150 face shields so far but can't find anymore. Have been asking folks to bring bandanas or anything else they may personally own to protect themselves and others.

Any leads on bulk dust masks or face shields?

Could use 150 face shields.
As for masks - thousands.

Fred

Fred,
We are running short as well. Fortunately we had a large inventory of masks and lab coats. We only use them in the Medical processing room. Three to five people a day so we are good for five more weeks. Unline has our new orders on back order

May resort to painter's masks here. My wife buys them and insist wear them when doing carpentry and lawn care at home. I don't so we have a lot of them hanging on the garage wall.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Franc.
I found a bunch of scalpers in my search. But that's it.
We bought a bunch of headgear with clear face shields. Asked folks to fashion some sort of mask at home and clean them nightly. All they need is a couple of six-shooters at their side and this place would look like an old western movie.
Bought about 180 headgear so far.
And so far, nobody diagnosed with China Virus.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Fred,
My wife buys them and insist wear them when doing carpentry and lawn care at home. I don't so we have a lot of them hanging on the garage wall.

That's where mine are hanging. I only have a dozen or so but don't need them around the house. My wife is going to start wearing one when she goes grocery shopping every 10 days or so. They should last a while if I follow Bob's brother's advice about rotating them. I have access to more at the farm. We had to use them when my M-I-L was so sick last year and I'm told that there has to be at least 75 - 100 over there.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just tilled the garden beds!

Going to replace the batteries in the automatic window shades. Damn shades eat batteries. But they sure are nice to have because the windows are tall and hard to reach. So now we can actually open/close the blinds ... for as long as the AA battery supply lasts.

Going to spend the day doing misc stuff around the house, one of which is to hang a new yarn rack on the wall. The girls have been crocheting so I drilled a bunch of holes, on a 45 degree angle, in a piece of 3/4 ply so they can hang their spindles of yarn.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
After lunch I went down to the barn to get the big tractor going. Wouldn't start, flat battery. It started just fine earlier this week but I obviously used the last drop of juice in the bucket doing it.

Started rigging up the battery charger and there was a clap of thunder that rocked the barn and the rain started. That was it for today. I did drive the wife down to the front gate to get the local rag out of the mail box.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
After lunch I loaded up 50 rounds of 38 colt, now the wife is set on that for a while. I need to train her to load her own, its nice to have a shooting partner in the house but my loading time doubled.:idea:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
After lunch I loaded up 50 rounds of 38 colt, now the wife is set on that for a while. I need to train her to load her own, its nice to have a shooting partner in the house but my loading time doubled.:idea:

I'm sure you have or are planning on teaching your wife some of the standard tactical maneuvers. Keep in mind that she can watch some youtube videos about it too.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I finally figured out why the Husky mower would not start. The oil was low. I guess when I turned it over to drain the fuel from the tank, some oil went into the cylinder. The thing smoked for five minutes once I got it to start.

Runs fine now.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We put in our 3rd day of farm operations, but it ended about sundown tonight as the rain moved in.
I have some additional help this spring as I just got out of my sling from rotator cuff surgery. Glad to have that this year. Especially if anyone should become sick from the virus. I ordered a UV light for disinfecting the operators cab on the tractors and vehicles should any one get sick from the CPP Wuhan virus.

Better hope Ag can get the corps in with out delay. Other wise our food system is in danger. You must grow crops, or people will not eat some day..

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We put in our 3rd day of farm operations, but it ended about sundown tonight as the rain moved in.
I have some additional help this spring as I just got out of my sling from rotator cuff surgery. Glad to have that this year. Especially if anyone should become sick from the virus. I ordered a UV light for disinfecting the operators cab on the tractors and vehicles should any one get sick from the CPP Wuhan virus.

Better hope Ag can get the corps in with out delay. Other wise our food system is in danger. You must grow crops, or people will not eat some day..

Regards, Kirk

Yup. Our society is totally inter-dependent.

I think this may be the year that people get back into gardening too. Every region is different but most can grow some fresh tomatoes, summer squash and peppers. Best thing we can each do is to take the load off our foreign sources of fresh fruits and veggies. While many come from the US, many come from the South America.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've agreed to work 16 hours today.
10a-2a.
Only reason is because this coming is my weekend off.

You're a glutton for punishment.

I think that this afternoon I'm going to try and get the mowing done that I should have done yesterday. The rain isn't supposed to start until this evening but that's what they said yesterday too.

My wife just went in to town to pick up our order from Mineola Packing. We got an email yesterday saying that they were going to resume retail sales to the public. They quit to concentrate on their commercial customers but I guess that they caught up. That should fill up the freezers for a little bit.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
You're a glutton for punishment.

I think that this afternoon I'm going to try and get the mowing done that I should have done yesterday. The rain isn't supposed to start until this evening but that's what they said yesterday too.

My wife just went in to town to pick up our order from Mineola Packing. We got an email yesterday saying that they were going to resume retail sales to the public. They quit to concentrate on their commercial customers but I guess that they caught up. That should fill up the freezers for a little bit.

I too think I will get some word work done today, rain all weekend

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I too think I will get some word work done today, rain all weekend

We'll, guess what? At 11:30 there was a peel of thunder, a flash of lightening and the rain started. It's rained pretty darned hard for about 30 minutes. I better go get some lunch and then a nap. There's not much outside work being done here today.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We have a trip to the vet this afternoon. The dog has some issues with her left paw.

We need to be there at 4:45. Once we arrive, we call the vet and they will send someone out to get her. We need to be wearing masks and gloves.

Once she is looked at and diagnosed we call the vet again and pay over the phone with the CC. Once home we will need to give her a bath.

Went for a two mile walk at noon.

That is all the adventures for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.