• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Winter Storm Nemo

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Meh. Much fuss about nothing around here. 6-8" is all they expect. What does suck is I have to go get the meds the cancer center wants me to take and they had to special order it. "Should" have it by noon and I hope to get home before everybody gets off work. They always smash a few up on the bridges at Corning.

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
I'm north of Boston. I'm cleaning 24" + here then I drive to Maine and I hear there's 30" there to clean. Sounds like fun to me.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We may have got 4" up here on top. down in the valley maybe 2". Sure has a funny sculpted look to it from this crazy wind though.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My son is east of Hartford CT. He has over 3 feet of wet snow on his deck. The same deck I rebuilt last summer.

I guess we will see if my modifications will hold it up.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Apparently this is in Barrie, Ontario(hour north of Toronto)

549283_10151449587193395_1305734203_n.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That pic reminds me of Niagara Falls back in 1978. Was so cold the mist froze in your lungs. Motel we stayed at had snow piled 15 ft. high in the swimming pool. All you saw were dump trucks hauling snow away.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Doesn't look like they are going anywhere after all the digging....

We only got a foot.... I'm always hoping for 2-3 feet because I really want to know what my snowcat can handle but it would probably flatten my fabric garage....

Happy plowing, RoadKing !

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure if it's nemo or what but we're getting nailed with snow right now. They were calling for a mixture of snow/rain/sleet all day. It turned to snow around 2 hrs ago. So far, I can barely see across the street and looks like close to 4 inches on the ground.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is the same system that has us under a freezing rain warning starting in a few hours. We are holding right at freezing now.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I think so. We had the freezing rain all day which turned into a blizzard in a matter of minutes. It's a colorado low coming up. The weather map shows a swirl almost like a tropical storm.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Someone shold tell these people that snow is a rare event to celebrate

ACCORDING TO THE IPCC

AND THE HONORABLE NOBLE LAUREATE AL GORE

Remember when congressional Democrats told us that global warming would cause less snow? Remember when alarmist David Viner of the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia (of Climategate notoriety) said that global warming would soon render snowfalls a “very rare and exciting event” and that “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is”? Remember Greenpeace and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change telling us the same thing in 1993 and in 2001, respectively? (Both those links are dead now, but those were the original sources.)

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter

Gee, if we had a storm like that where I like, I'd have a full week of work without rest but then I could sit back and not have to work the rest of the year! C'mon snow! Come get us!!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
only old ice is here. the wind is whoosin', tho. waiting to get real snow. yinz can send it here. snow is gorgeous & that's why i have so many boots & pack a change of gear if venturing beyond the front stoop. once someone makes a pathway, the roads're usually okay to trudge on. i swear, i'm gettin' a sled. can they give u a d.u.i. fer operating a sled at 12am, after a few drinks.......

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
only old ice is here. the wind is whoosin', tho. waiting to get real snow. yinz can send it here. snow is gorgeous & that's why i have so many boots & pack a change of gear if venturing beyond the front stoop. once someone makes a pathway, the roads're usually okay to trudge on. i swear, i'm gettin' a sled. can they give u a d.u.i. fer operating a sled at 12am, after a few drinks.......

That depends on what you might slide into. Try and avoid police cruisers and you should be fine.:whistling:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i've police-pals. maybe they could jus' call it a sledding incident & gimme a verbal warning.