• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

st4 speedo cable

rfx

Another question for the resident experts , need to source a replacement for the speedo cable on this ST4 (do not have the old damaged one to pirate the ens or dimensions from )

Danny38

Hello I've just joined this forum I'm also looking for speed cable for a snow track st4 all what I've lookup said it was from a VW bus or beetle still trying to get a part number if I get one I'll pass it on

vintagebike

Speedhut can make a GPS speedo that will look a lot like the stock VDO. Just takes a bit longer for them to do the art work.

vintagebike

But nobody really believes a Snow Trac can go fast...so a photo of a GPS at 25+ mph will get you some snow cred.:hammer:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fwi worth I used a IH scout II speed o cable to see if you speed o meter was any good.

the wheel end is just clamped to a little bracket.

the other end threaded right on.

I drive the cable with a little pc of wood dowel jammed in a spring friction fit onto the axle end..

I have another cable here somewhere, been meaning to do the other trac with it.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes i will shoot a photo.

If you look at yours you will see the turned down end. a spring is slipped on there.

nikos

can u post a pick of the sprocket end ?(I,m assuming it termates at the sprocket )

rfx Hey

The pictures are from the sprocket end in my 3 band SnowTrac. There are many defferences between the 2 band rubber track (Sprocket - Brake Drum and Brake Shoes etc ) but i think you are interesting to see the connection between the wire - cable and the Shaft.

Nikos

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 149
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    487 KB · Views: 130
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 130

rfx

thanks for that , yeah I have none of that but it looks like I can fudge something together that will work