• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Howard Stern - Sirius Satellite

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Anyone else listen to Howard? Are you making (or have you made) the move to Sirius.

I can't justify the expense yet. We get Adam Corolla on the west coast so I'll be waiting to see how his show is to see if I need to go to satellite.

Howard's show sucks you in.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I listen to Howard. However I would not buy Sirius just to listen to him. I do have XM and never considered switching just to get Howard Stern.

I do agree that if you listen to him, it does hold your interest. The lovely Mrs_B used to listen to him, she got me to listen. She no longer does (she drives my daughter to school in the mornings and his show is not suited to the ears of a 10 year old). She doesn't miss not hearing him. I doubt I will miss it either. I've got a 6 CD changer, a regular AM/FM, and XM. There are plenty of things to listen to and I find that I switch around and probably don't listen to XM as much as I should given that I actually pay for it.

john-in-ga

Site Supporter
No. But then you ask about Sirius. I can't afford it either. But if his television show is any indication, then I would not spend the money if I had it. I don't even waste my time watching his show on cable TV and wish there was a way I could remove his dog and pony show for my Cable TV Line-up.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Yup - I don't listen to Howard with the kids around. It's just not appropriate. I do listen to him on the drive in to work and there isn't many other options out there in the morning.

I don't have cable, don't listen to music much anymore, don't watch movies much. I'm not a good consumer in this area.

I just kind of like the titillation of Howard. Adam Corolla may be able to fill the space for me. Not sure I could handle David Lee Roth though.

In the afternoon there are lots more options in the talk radio market.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
john-in-ga said:
I don't even waste my time watching his show on cable TV and wish there was a way I could remove his dog and pony show for my Cable TV Line-up.

I'm sure you aren't being forced to watch his channels. My 15 year old TV allows me to block out channels I don't want to see when flicking. I bet you can pretty easily skip his show if you want to. No one's forcing you to watch it (I guess the cable company is making you pay for it though).

buy_25

Banned
I used to listen to him, but not anymore. During his movie I got tired of the same old me me me .

I get XM radio on my Direct tv for free and only listen to a few stations.

Kubota King

A couple of the guys that work for me were quite unhappy when Howard left Fm so they went out & invested in the satelight radio so they could continue to listen to him. I enjoyed him, but not enough to waste the money. I could think of many other ways to enjoy that $.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm odd man out it seems. I've never heard his show. Oh well, I have XM anyway. I suppose he will just have to remain a mystery for me.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you hurry you can catch his last free broadcast tomorrow. I don't know station you'd receive him on, I presume some Evansville or Owensboro station plays his show?

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
PBinWA said:
Howard's show sucks you in.

You just posted two words to many imo. You should have left off the "you in"
I guess i am a prude as i see no reason for me to watch him. But, to each his own i guess.

Dur

OkeeDon

Having watched and listened enough to make my decision, I don't watch him or listen to him. But then, it's been a long, long time since I was a sophomore.

All of my radios are permanently tuned to the local college station which primarily broadcasts classical music. If I hear talking on the radio, I turn it off. If I had satellite radio and wanted to hear talk, I'd tune to Cspan radio. The only thing worse than talk radio is talk radio when someone is trying to convince someone else that their opinion is the only righteous one. That applies to both, or all, sides. I make up my own mind based on facts.

Archdean

Durwood said:
You just posted two words to many imo. You should have left off the "you in"
I guess i am a prude as i see no reason for me to watch him. But, to each his own i guess.

Dur

Nor hear him!!

I do like my XM country!! I even have it in my RTV but then what would one expect from an Oklahoma country bumpkin!!:tiphat:

Dean