• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A possible new member to our family

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
As most know we recently lost our Russian Blue which was my Shadow. Well we searched around for another and found this lovely creature. Hopefully we will hit it off like Shadow and I did as she seems to have the same type of personality. At any rate she is a 6 year old shelter cat and the woman at the shelter will bring her to us this Saturday. Now perhaps my two boy cats will stop searching for their ruler and accept her. Oh yes and her name is Katie. She isn't a full breed as Shadow was but not too far removed.

Attachments

• katie (1024x684) (Small).jpg
    katie (1024x684) (Small).jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 180
  • katie1 (1024x685) (Small).jpg
    katie1 (1024x685) (Small).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 179
  • katie3 (1024x561) (Small).jpg
    katie3 (1024x561) (Small).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 182
  • katie5 (702x1024) (Small).jpg
    katie5 (702x1024) (Small).jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 175

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
That's a pretty cat Joe! You gonna build her a cat house or just let her work at home?

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
She is a pretty thing for sure and every bit as large as Shadow was about 18 to 19 lbs. I either get cats from a shelter or take them in when they show up. My limit though for house cats is a max of 4 no more than that. I will never own another dog.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Katie's gorgeous Joe!
I don't think there will be a problem with the boys accepting a queen into their kingdom.
So happy you found a new fuzzy love to fill the void, but certainly not to replace Shadow.
New pets never replace the ones who've gone on, as you know.. they just make the hurt a little less ouchy.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Katie's gorgeous Joe!
I don't think there will be a problem with the boys accepting a queen into their kingdom.
So happy you found a new fuzzy love to fill the void, but certainly not to replace Shadow.
New pets never replace the ones who've gone on, as you know.. they just make the hurt a little less ouchy.

That is so true PG but I can hope to regain some of the attachment I felt for her too. I've never had a cat I was attached to as Shadow but then I've never had a cat that showed with me every morning nor wanted to be with me instead of Dawn either. The boys are still walking around looking for her as they don't seem to understand where she has gone. They constantly are smelling and looking for her in her usual spots around the house.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That is so true PG but I can hope to regain some of the attachment I felt for her too. I've never had a cat I was attached to as Shadow but then I've never had a cat that showed with me every morning nor wanted to be with me instead of Dawn either. The boys are still walking around looking for her as they don't seem to understand where she has gone. They constantly are smelling and looking for her in her usual spots around the house.
I am thinking the boys are going to be just as excited as you and Dawn are with Katie coming on the scene.
She's going to be little miss fix-it for all the broken hearts in your Shadowless house.. and that'll be a very sweet thing indeed. :flowers:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Joe, she's gorgeous! The boys will doubtless accept her as their matriarch, although there will probably be the usual hissing
around as they sort out their roles. Not a replacement for your Shadow but hopefully a new companion for your mornings. :smile:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Joe, she's gorgeous! The boys will doubtless accept her as their matriarch, although there will probably be the usual hissing
around as they sort out their roles. Not a replacement for your Shadow but hopefully a new companion for your mornings. :smile:

Actually DS, they delivered her at 10 AM this morning to no drama of any kind. I took her out of the box and put her on the floor with the boys with a bit of sniffing and little else. Even Cuttles my granddaughter's little cat that we are baby sitting took to her like gravy to potatoes.

Now she is like she has always been here, playing with a toy mouse and the other cats. Not a single hiss or treat of a hiss, just a lot of licking and getting along. A really surprising situation to say the least as we usually have a couple of days of cats learning to get a long but not her, she acts like she is here to be mother to them all.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You never know how a new one is going to get along. I have seen them act fine for a week or more and then one heck of a scrap breaks out. One thing they know is to not mess with the old grandma cat. If she don't kick their ass I will.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
awwww~ just saw that u got the kitty. congrats! she's a cutie:flowers: