• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

IMPORTANT NOTICE ON THE CALIFORNIA SHOOTOUT

Eric L

Site Supporter
Well you guys are all probly tucked into bed by now...

I'm still planning on going... Just not sure if I can get out in the AM. It's snowing like crazy here and I was blowing snow for 4 hours tonite. got the Sheburban stuck and had to use the Sno-Cat to get it out, and it wasn't easy either.

I was going to take the XJ, but the Sheburban does much better in the snow and Jen is staying in tomorrow, so I'll have lots of extra seats if anyone wants a ride.

Eric

Vance

11pm update. I-80 Eastbound is open!!! Woo hoo. Chains required 5 mi east of Auburn.

Eric, If you want to carpool - you can ride with Mike and I from Auburn in the Jeep TJ if you don't mind the back seat.

Going to bed now -storm seems to be settling down.

Vance

Eric L

Site Supporter
Hell, we can put the TJ on the roof of the Sheburban... we'll figure something out in the AM...

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
3 AM check in I am still a go if everybodyelse is... Anyone can call me at 487 7600 room 233 If your from ca you know the area code.... Call anytime...... I am in SAC.. A ride from here would be great Eric.... Mike..... I will throw in gas money....

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I'll try to make it ,
I may just see you at the meet if getting to Auburn is a mess
Allen

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey BigAl you may have to use Yetti to pull the roads out of your development?????? Sure Hope to see you their.....

Jen's Jeep

Site Supporter
You all have fun.....Im home with 3 sleeping kiddo's. Sorry I missed you guy's........I'd love to meet you all!

Im heading back to bed, where it's nice and warm:coolshade .............as long as I dont get a call from Eric saying he needs another tow:snow2_smi:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Update :
Well Karen and I just returned home from the shootout . It was kinda a bust for us . Mike ,Vance and Eric were able to get out to the test area but after waiting 4 hours at the lodge for the trip up the hill , Karen was cold and my old back was starting to ache so we just headed home . Hopefully the boys got some great pictures and will post them later . The BV206 got stuck on the first trip to the test site and the 6 CamoPlast were not ready to go until about 2 hours later . The 2 tuckers ,I assume, were at the test site but I never saw them again ,so who knows . I think it was just too much snow too fast for the resort to handle . We had to wait about 45 minutes on the access road while the snowblower blew out the parking lot . I sure am glad I left the KT7 home as there was not much parking room avalible . Art Seely and his crew did the best they could for the conditions , but just about everything that could go wrong ,went wrong . Maybe next year ...

When we got home there was a message that our Uncle had passed away so it just ended up being a lousy day .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The wife snapped this picture just down the road from the shoot out location as we traveled down Hwy 20 . This is what Safety One was up against . A hell of a lot of snow !

Attachments

• ATT00071.jpg
    ATT00071.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 125

Jen's Jeep

Site Supporter
BigAl said:
When we got home there was a message that our Uncle had passed away so it just ended up being a lousy day .

Im sorry Al......condolences sent to you from our family to yours:(

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear the bad news Al hope everything is going alright.... You are in thoughts and prayers

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
mbsieg said:
Sorry to hear the bad news Al hope everything is going alright.... You are in thoughts and prayers

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts ,you all . He was hurtin pretty bad ,so it is for the best .
So Mike ,
You made it up on the hill where the snow cat test were . Give us your input since I left before you got back .