• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snowcat shoot-out

Eric L

Site Supporter
Safety one has a couple every year, 2 locations. I'm planning to attend, have not made arrangements yet.

Who else might go? I know theres a few of us close enough to make the CA event, and maybe some food and refreshments after?

Linky

Eric

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you have a digital (not analog) movie camera? If so, can you take some film footage?

Eric L

Site Supporter
'Mornin Bob, yeah, we got one, but I might have to mail the tape to someone who knows how to make it work on something other than the camera...

In other words, I'm not smart enought to do anything fancy with it after its recorded.

Eric

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If your tape format matches the digital format that I have available, then I could put your tape onto DVD for everyone to see.

I've got digital movie editing software on 3 of my computers so if I can get digital tapes I can drop them into my editing software and actually add titles, edit, etc. (not that I can do it professionally, but it allows me some flexibility to improve video, especially when my daughter helps me out because she uses it for school projects and gets straight "A's" on her projects!)

I know I have access to Mini-DV.

It might be interesting to make another DVD because I am hoping to get some more VERY EARLY video of Tuckers. Adding some modern equipment video would make a nice contrast to show the differences in design and capabilities of antique versus modern equipment.

Vance

deja vu...

I have a DV, also and would like to attend the shoot-out. I'll practice up on my skills(?) to actually get the info off the tape!!!

Vance

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I am going to consider the Colorado shoot out and show. It is not to far from where my daughter lives and it would b a great time to get away, to see and make new friends. I am sure several snow cat owners I know will be attending. Does anyone have recommendations on lodging/food and entertainment in the area? :confused2:

Eric L

Site Supporter
It took awhile to get it, but I got my confirmation today... I'm in. :cool2:

Did anyone else send in a request?

Eric

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OK Ok !!! I'll go and keep all you youngin's from slobbering all over the machines :puke1: . If your all good maybe we can go grab some grub after we are all done . We could also end up here at the house and kick the tracks on ole Yetti .I have all 3 Kristi's here in Grass Valley now . Its only 26 miles to Auburn .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok ! I just got my comfirmation ! This sounds like a fun day . Here is a list they sent me :

Snowcat Shoot-Out Agenda:
8:30AM – 9:00AM
INTRODUCTIONS
9:00AM – 11:30AM
SNOWCAT DEMONSTRATIONS
NOON – 1:00PM
LUNCH
1:00PM – 2:30PM
SNOWCAT DEMONSTRATIONS
2:30PM – 4:00PM
CLIENT / PROSPECT DISCUSSIONS

This is actually to be held at Yuba Gap which is 26 miles up from my place . A really pretty area that most folks zoom right by as they head toward Reno on I-80 . I stayed there a lot as a kid and actually know the family that owns the resort/ski area where it is being held . If things work out I just might haul ole Yetti up there for its maiden voyage !!! This is about 60 miles from Reno should anyone decide to fly in and make a real party out of it :burp: . Hope to see a bunch of you Yella striped ,chicken plucker wantta bee's from FF up there . First beer is on me !!!:tiphat:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
We have confirmed for the Leadville Colorado shoot out in mid January.

We should have all the of the equipment wore out/broke down before they go on to California. So if things don't work right in California you guys can blame us at the Leadville shoot out. If I would of known ol BigAl was going to take Yetti for sure, I would of made the longer trip for all the fun and free beer.:yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hi Eric ,
I don't know if you have ever been to the Yuba Gap exit on I -80 , but there is a beautiful camp ground at the end of the road which is next to the lake . I don't see any reason why you could not take your cat ,if you wanted , The road into the camp ground is not plowed but I have snow shoed in before . If nothing else , drive back down Hwy20 about 5 miles and take the Bowman road exit . Snow closes the road and eveyone cats or snow mobiles into the lakes from there . You can go all the way to Jackson Meadows Lake which is on the other side of the Sierra's ,if you know how .
Allen

Eric L

Site Supporter
I'm not real familiar with the area... but bowman road is on the north side of 20.. the event looks to be on the south side of 80...:confused2:

I wuz thinking it'd be cool to have our machines "on site", but not "in the way"

Eric

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Eric L said:
I'm not real familiar with the area... but bowman road is on the north side of 20.. the event looks to be on the south side of 80...:confused2:

I wuz thinking it'd be cool to have our machines "on site", but not "in the way"

Eric
Eric ,
You are correct . I was just giving you some idea of the area that you could cat in . I see no reason why you could not bring your Snow cat . Why don't you email Safetyone and ask ?

Vance

I'm in on the shootout in Auburn/Yuba Gap. All confirmed.

Seems to me that we should get our cats together on a different day when we have more time to play. I'll second the Bowman Lk Rd area that Al mentioned as a GREAT place to get together. I kind of think of that area as my backyard as I spend so much time up there...:cool2:

We can also meet at my property in Soda Springs but there is only about 10 miles of roads to explore. Maybe we should make this a 2-day event? One day at the shootout and then a day playing with the cats!! Anyone up for snow camping?

Vance

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Thats a thought Vance . I am way to old to snow camp but the RainBow Lodge is just up the road and it is as good as it gets . They use to have meals to died for . The lodge itself is right out of the 1950's . No tv except in the bar area . It sits right on the river and is a great place to take the little lady for a romatic time :5boobs: .

mlang2005

Ill be up as well. I emailed safty one and they emailed me back with some kind of attachment that I could not open. I assume it was the schedule that al posted? When you say you are "confirmed" does that mean they are taking reservations?:confused2:

Eric L

Site Supporter
mlang2005 said:
When you say you are "confirmed" does that mean they are taking reservations?:confused2:

Apparently so,... at least they word the "confirmation" to look like they are.

Eric

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey all :tiphat: ,
I sent an email to Safetyone asking about bringing our cats along . Here is what I sent . I'll let you know what comes back .
Allen

Hi ,
I just got my comfirmation for your Snow Cat Shoot Out in Calif . Thank you .

I do have a question . I have a vintage Snow Cat and belong to a international group of snowcat owners . Mine is a Kristi KT7 , which is the only surviving KT7 in known existence . There were 4 made .Mine is the one in your Snowcat spec section .
A few other owners own vintage Tuckers . "None are for sale" ,but I was wondering if "Safetyone" would like us to bring them to the shoot out as a group ,for spectators to view ?
Thank You ,
Allen Hutson

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
We are on our way today to Leadville Colorado for the Snow Cat Shoot Out on Wednesday. I do not have a video camera but will take pictures and post later any interesting things we see while on our trip. We are going through Walden Colorado as I have heard there are some old snow cats in that area that might be for sale. We will look around and see if we can get any info on what may be for sale and post any pics and info on snow cats we find.

mtmogs

I've got a device (Sony VRD-MC1) that will let me read analog (VHS) or digital video and burn it to DVD. If you can only record standard VHS or 8mm VHS (Hi-8) analog, I'd be happy to burn it to DVD and send it off to Bob for editing.

Cheers - Paul.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
mtmogs said:
I've got a device (Sony VRD-MC1) that will let me read analog (VHS) or digital video and burn it to DVD. If you can only record standard VHS or 8mm VHS (Hi-8) analog, I'd be happy to burn it to DVD and send it off to Bob for editing.

Cheers - Paul.
OH SURE, send it to Bob. He can do all the work :pat:

In all seriousness I will do any editing I can do and distribute videos, however I am actually getting very busy at work so my turn-around time for projects will be much longer than it has been in the past.

mtmogs

Understood Bob, just following up on your earlier post!:whistle: (http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showpost.php?p=67264&postcount=4)

"I've got digital movie editing software on 3 of my computers so if I can get digital tapes I can drop them into my editing software and actually add titles, edit, etc. (not that I can do it professionally, but it allows me some flexibility to improve video, especially when my daughter helps me out because she uses it for school projects and gets straight "A's" on her projects!)"

B_Skurka said:
OH SURE, send it to Bob. He can do all the work :pat:

In all seriousness I will do any editing I can do and distribute videos, however I am actually getting very busy at work so my turn-around time for projects will be much longer than it has been in the past.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
mbsieg said:
Big Al, did you ever get a reply on bringing your cat to the shootout???

You know ??? I did not hear one word from them ... That seems kinda strange . I even added a note to "Safety One" that I was not interested in selling the KT7 ,so It would not look like I was trying to take advantage of their promotion . I just thought it would be fun to have some older Snow cats units there to look at . I am damn sure that there will be a lot of people waiting around to test drive the new stuff , so what do they do in the meantime ????
I very well might bring it along and keep it on the trailer if nothing else . If they want me to start it up and park it where spectators can view it , that is fine .

Do you know how many PEOPLE we have intending from FF . Maybe we could do a Bar- B- Que here at the house when we are done ?????:burp:

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will be in Sacramento CA that week and I think I am going to try and make it to the shootout have not received a confirmation yet. I hope I was not to late in asking???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
mbsieg said:
I will be in Sacramento CA that week and I think I am going to try and make it to the shootout have not received a confirmation yet. I hope I was not to late in asking???

Well now !!! That is good news . Lets firm up getting together . I don't see any reason why you could not go . Its a public place ,for cryin out loud . How about afterwards ,we all get together and find out what faces go with the names on FF .:D

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool! :thumb: A FF hook up on the west coast. Sure wish I could be there. I hope someone remembers a camera.