• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

large old tucker photos

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
you may have seen them.
10389009896_cc96a1fa86_m.jpg
10388962935_530d8daa38_m.jpg
10389172263_6f6ce819b4_m.jpg
10389003416_cd7b2317a8_m.jpg

10388957455_abfd381bf1_m.jpg
10388968425_d5717dcf5c_m.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I know that some out there like those steel tracked tuckers to me it just looks like too much work to keep them together. than again I do run my snow cats a few more miles in the winter than most do.

jask

I corresponded with the phototographer that took those pics. The owner was a senior member of the original expedition and was allowing some photography access until around the time these were taken and some of the machines were seriously vandalized. Crates of new unused spares were inside and around the machines....

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Why let stuff just sit and rot in a barn? Don't get it.:unsure:

Well at least they are in a barn and high and dry. Think what they would look like if they had been stored outside for the last 50 years. They would look nothing like they do in the photo's.

It really is too bad vandal's got to them. That is a better question, why any one would vandalise these old girls? Friggin idiots!!

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
one of them could be the one you have seen hanging in the crevasse back in 1966.

jask

These machines were used by the 1966 Belgian/ Dutch expedition.if you look through the urbex pics online you will see they also had a very sweet cabover tucker as well.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brrrphotography/10388962935/in/photostream/

The famous crevasse pic is one of the Fuchs Commonwealth expedition machines ( several show pics of "Able"- now in the Christchurch museum) the original four machines were known as Able, Haywire, Rock and Roll, and County of Kent. County of Kent was lost with one death. One of the remaining machines ( "B" -rock and Roll ) is owned by Tucker and the other( "C" Haywire ) is in the National motor museum in the UK.

jask

It is like Christmas without the tree!! some of the other pics I have seen show what look to be new axle hub gaskets sitting in the corner. The manifests list extensive spares for all the machines.
The owner is trying to get a museum to take them, since these pics were taken the logos on the sides of two of the machines were cut out... I can not imagine anyone with a serious interest in the history of this expedition would ever do that, so they are probably hanging on the wall in some hipsters loft... or worse.

Well at least they are in a barn and high and dry. Think what they would look like if they had been stored outside for the last 50 years. They would look nothing like they do in the photo's.

It really is too bad vandal's got to them. That is a better question, why any one would vandalise these old girls? Friggin idiots!!

Regards, Kirk
tie them to the tracks and use for added traction! jerk's:hammer:
where are they located?