• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sliding seat...........broke

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
the dag gum catch on my 23 seat broke so the seat goes back and forth as I travel I have not called the dealer yet for a price on a new part. this sucks big time.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Hmmm . . . maybe there's a down side to weighing 270 lbs? (Just a joke - don't take it seriously).

Could you stick a short bolt and nut in the track to stop it from sliding?

My seat is only ever in one position - all the way to the back.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
Hmmm . . . maybe there's a down side to weighing 270 lbs? (Just a joke - don't take it seriously).

Could you stick a short bolt and nut in the track to stop it from sliding?

My seat is only ever in one position - all the way to the back.

OK smart ass............oh wait that is my ass, and for your info it is UNDER 270 now thank you! I think 268.

actually it was the holder for the tab that sticks in the rack to hold the seat..............I know a photo would help, well check back please.

yes a bolt would do it, but I dont have the nerve to drill where I would have to, it might weaken the bar too much. I will call them in the am, see what the cost is, then weld it up and forget it.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
It is covered by the unwritten, unspoken, warranty...... the dealer should just get you another as a good will adjustment and pass the cost onto Kubota. If you suggest this, it might just work. I'm on my 3rd air cleaner bracket and they have all been free.....

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Do Kioti's come with seats? I thought that was some sort of stand up..........oh well..................

Me and her would take the weight limit to new heights.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
ddrane2115 said:
Do Kioti's come with seats? I thought that was some sort of stand up........
Only the best !! Here's a picture of the standard HEAVY Kioti seat with beverage holder. I'm sure you can get a conversion mount to put one on your BX !

Attachments

• kioti std seat.jpg
    kioti std seat.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 170

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
That might get in the way of the BACKHOE and the ROLLBAR. Besides, the Kubota is real comfortable with the seat it has............in other words, fine from the factory
But thanks for the idea~!

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
OK here is what is broke. I finally got to do some patching on it so I could use it without the motion sickness.

1 st photo is the catch that is broke.

2nd photo is the bracket (kubota dealer is not sure of the part number)

3rd is my patch for now

Attachments

• SeatCatch.jpg
    SeatCatch.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 146
  • SeatCatch3.jpg
    SeatCatch3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 148
  • SeatTempFix.jpg
    SeatTempFix.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 149