• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Back on my " Buying another truck' Rant

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok ! I hate my truck . Its a 2006 Ford King Ranch with fucking seats that are so hard I might as well be sitting on a board or concrete . With that said , I love my 2006 Ford King Ranch but not the fucking seats .

I have looked for a soft bench seat in new trucks for years . Not a 60/40 split seat but a true bench seat . No one makes one . No one will rebuild my seat the way I want it . I want it so my hip and legs don't kill me after 60 miles of driving .

I hate to sale my baby but those damn seats are killing me . The truck is perfect in every other way .:unsure:

Whatta I do ???

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
get a seat out of a 75 f100 and bolt it in. you rebuilt a crusty you can do about anything. hell it even moved on the snow that has to be a first. you are a damn miracle worker.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You find or make the frame and a good upholstery shop will do the rest. Good luck Al.

The bench seat in in my 94 f-350 is so nice even after 250k miles. The leather seats in my 07 f-150 are hard and not so nice. Hurts my back and sciatic nerve after about 60 miles. I feel your pain Al.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
My 1990 F350 has wonderful cushy bucket seats.

Just get some used or aftermarket seats.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Every ford I've ever sat in felt like I was sitting on a park bench. No circulation left in my butt after 30 miles. Chevy used to have a decent seat but the newer once went the same way as the other manufacturers...provide half the comfort and double the price.

loboloco

Al. might I suggest going to a large truck dealer and checking out air ride seats? It will mean putting a compressor system on the truck, but air rides are definitely the way to go for comfort.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Do What ??? That's the problem .:hammer:
I cannot find a truck with decent seats in any brand or model .

Al...go get an after markeyt seat of your choice..and get it covered in what ever you chose and put it in!....Hell call bostrum...tell them what you want and get out your check book.....problem solved....Just do it!!!:biggrin:

there are more than a few places that will build you a custom pickup...from the ground up as fancy as you like...using peterbuilt,kenworth or what ever brand you like...just get out your check book and you can have what ever you want!!!!!
again just do it!!...Have a great day!!!!!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Allen you may look at the suspension seats the rock crawler guys are using. we had some rigs equipped with them in the military they looked goofy at first, but they were so comfortable you could just about sleep in them .I did several 8 hour convoys in them found them quite comfortable .

Do you have a link or manufacturers name Don? I would be interested. I typically spend 12+ hours in my dump truck or belly dump and also in the Pisten Bully 3 days a week in the winter. My back and ass have taken about all the abuse I can stand.

After this thread started I surfed the web and was impressed by the new Bose seats and thought about maybe getting one. At $6000 a seat it is a little above my pay grade. However I have spent(flushed) that kind of money on some pretty useless items over the years. I would rather buy one of those seats than put up with more pain or even worse, back surgery. Here is a link to the Bose.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/bose_ride_system/index.jsp

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Allen I just drove a Chevy Suburban LTZ with air conditioned captains chairs. First Suburban that I've ever found to be comfortable to drive.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Our '01 Chev 1/2 ton has the most comfortable seats I've ever owned. BTW Al, what became of the GMC you were so proud of a while back?
Mike

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Our '01 Chev 1/2 ton has the most comfortable seats I've ever owned. BTW Al, what became of the GMC you were so proud of a while back?
Mike

Ol blue ???? :unsure:I'll never sale ol blue . She is my ranch work truck, going to the dump truck . going for morning coffee truck and my ol huntin truck . She is my local truck but not the one I use for long distance driving . And yes...... she has a bench seat .:clap: She is a 1993 1/2 ton short bed 4x4 with 143000 miles on her .

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ol blue ???? :unsure:I'll never sale ol blue . She is my ranch work truck, going to the dump truck . going for morning coffee truck and my ol huntin truck . She is my local truck but not the one I use for long distance driving . And yes...... she has a bench seat .:clap: She is a 1993 1/2 ton short bed 4x4 with 143000 miles on her .

I had one much like your ol blue. Mine was a black Chevy stepside shortbed 1/2 ton. I put 200k on her. Loved that truck. Sold it to a niece's hubby. He put another 40k on it and I still see it at our local gas station once in awhile. Still going strong. :thumb: