• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

pre-cancer

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i have pre-cancerous cells-- has anyone gotten them--
i have some. my doc reassured me that i'll be okay; i'm afraid, tho. we have a history of cancer in my family, & i'm worried sick.

Leni

Cancer is in my family also. My grandmother and her sister died of breat cancer. My mother had a small one that they sucessfully removed.

I was born and raised here in Los Angeles within about 1/2 hour from the beach. We also had a swimming pool. Dad was one of the original surfers with two long boards. I spent a lot of time in the sun. As a result I see my dermatologist every four months. She has way too much fun with that liquid nitrogen. This has been going on for well over 10 years. So far it has only been pre-cancerous lesions.

I've also had suspicious cells on a pap test which later turned out to be nothing.

Trust your doctor and follow his/her instructions.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
TY, leni,.
my own is in my uterus. (sorry, males.) same place my Grandma got hers.
i made a decision @ 14 or 15 that i would not self-tan. i quit. sunscreen is sprayed on before i leave. prevented premature aging! i hafta show my own friends i.d. to get them to see that i'm beyond 20.

i'm worried. my doctor kept saying i would be okay, i'll be okay. i was not worried, until she began repeating that i would be okay. then, i began to worry.
anyhow, i'll post if there is an issue beyond pre-cancerous stuff.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just had a colonoscopy to check for pre-cancerous polyps. I fortunately had none. But cancer runs in my family. Several doctors and several nurses said if they find anything pre-cancerous its much better than finding early stage cancerous cells.

They can now watch you and deal with anything that MAY, or MAY NOT, ever come up long before it becomes an issue. Take it as a good sign they were found as pre-cancer because that is nothing worse than a warning sign. Sort of like driving too fast on a road and seeing the "Curve Ahead" sign. You can alter things before you get there, and it will never become an issue.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
leni-- nope. i keep a poker-face/ or a raised brow.

melendsdad-- thank God you're well. i have altered things that i can; not many things a woman can alter regarding a uterus, tho.

Leni

Also don't forget luvs that medicine has progressed quite a lot since your grandmothers day. My daughter was diagnoised with a very rare and universally fatal brain cancer. It was inoperable until two years before. So far as we know she is the first surviver of pineal blastoma.

SShepherd

funny you brought this up. I just went to the Dr. 2 weeks ago for a dark flat mole. They said it was Atypical and took it off. No cancer but I was still freaking at the prospect of what they would cut off if it was:ermm:

Leni

They would do a wide excision to be sure that they got all of it. Dad had a couple of those on his back. Not surprising since he was one of the original surfers.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
This last spring I went to a dermatologist for the first time because I had a rather strange looking mole appear on the inside of my left bicep and it was always sore to the touch. It was removed (I got to add 3 stitches to my several hundred total) and sent off for a biopsy. The lab said what I had removed...was a mole. :clap:

However, the physician asked me to come in anyway. He asked if he could do a full body examination since I've only had one physical in my life, and that was 17 years ago. Of all things, on the outside of each eye I had small areas with what I called 'age spots'. The dermatologist told me that both were actually pre-cancerous spots. :unsure: I asked what would be the best course of action. He told me that he could "freeze" them off and he suspected nothing had spread anywhere since it was caught 'very early'.

I passed on any numbing medication (I don't think I'll be as macho next time - if there is ever a next time; hope not) and he burned them with a freeze spray. Damn if it wasn't hard to not move! However, if I moved, Dr. Frankenstein (pronounced fronk-ehn-steen :biggrin:) would likely hit me in the eyes with that spray! Anyway, both places soon scabbed over and after a couple of weeks the scabs fell off and I had pink and sensitive skin where my 'age spots' were. They now are complete unnoticeable and, at his strong recommendation, I've started using sunscreen. Even though cancer doesn't run on either side of my family (mother or father's), I don't want to push my luck.

Soooo, based on that very limited experience, if a physician calls something "pre-cancerous", I'd have it taken care of but, if possible, not worry much about it. Best of luck to ya!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If they ever want to start cutting I won't worry. My dad just had 2 spots removed and he is 87 years old. Good luck to you Luvs!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i got a piece of tissue removed; waiting to see those results as yet. was none too painful, mainly pressure. TY guys. my doctor was here yesterday, & as yet, he's not heard, either. they sent tests to their lab, so i'll see when they get results & give me insight. we'll see.

Hopefully it is benign Luvs. I had a weird dark spot taken off the bottom of my foot last year that turned out to be ok and the eye doctor found a dark spot on the back of my eyeball that he measures for growth every year. It could be nothing or could be a type of cancer, time will tell. For now I will just have to watch it.:whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am doing the same waiting game now Luvs. They did the liver scan last Friday and I just called my cancer doc and they had no results yet. Seems the heart doc I saw yesterday wants the results also. The med that messed up my thyroid is also known for liver damage. My primary doc is to get a copy. She is one who will give me a straight answer. The heart doc admitted that he blew it by not checking my thyroid levels since he had me on that med. I reminded him that I have had 52 vials of blood drawn already this year so they had ample chances to check it. Will get at least 3 more drawn next week. My dad just had a clear test again on the spots they removed a while ago. Our friend Nixon just started a new round of treatments yesterday on his one lung. Cancer does what it wants and the best we can do is fight it with all our resources.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
I am doing the same waiting game now Luvs. They did the liver scan last Friday and I just called my cancer doc and they had no results yet... fight it with all our resources.

Wow,......... I hope it turns out well for you, there are many parts of the human body that you can live quite well without, a liver is not one of them.

When I was diagnosed 8 years ago with liver cancer, my Doctor at MOFFITT ( a GREAT hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) told me that the 5 year survival (not the cured rate)rate was about 5%.

after many rounds of Chemo, and two major surgries, I am still around and kickin.
my last petscan (I get one every 3 months) is still clear:wow:

theres no way around it,............. CANCER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck to all.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
I am doing the same waiting game now Luvs. They did the liver scan last Friday and I just called my cancer doc and they had no results yet. Seems the heart doc I saw yesterday wants the results also. The med that messed up my thyroid is also known for liver damage. My primary doc is to get a copy. She is one who will give me a straight answer. The heart doc admitted that he blew it by not checking my thyroid levels since he had me on that med. I reminded him that I have had 52 vials of blood drawn already this year so they had ample chances to check it. Will get at least 3 more drawn next week. My dad just had a clear test again on the spots they removed a while ago. Our friend Nixon just started a new round of treatments yesterday on his one lung. Cancer does what it wants and the best we can do is fight it with all our resources.

i hear u, muley. & dammit, if they have not yet dialed me. i'm getting beyond anxious & gettin' upset, at once. i'll be calling them monday. jagovs.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i went in earlier, & i also got a few results. one area was of a significant concern; those cells were different than my others. they're not yet taking action, although wanna- if they see fit- cut a piece of my cervix away. not now. that is both anxiety-provoking, as i hafta wait & see; yet they're not panicking- so i'm not. not fully, anyhow. damn. i suppose we wait & see.

SShepherd

i went in earlier, & i also got a few results. one area was of a significant concern; those cells were different than my others. they're not yet taking action, although wanna- if they see fit- cut a piece of my cervix away. not now. that is both anxiety-provoking, as i hafta wait & see; yet they're not panicking- so i'm not. not fully, anyhow. damn. i suppose we wait & see.

I'm sorry to hear that, the stress is always in the waiting and anticipation . We tend to mindful ourselves a lot, I'm probably the worst. I'm sure everything will work out fine

Leni

We always think the worst. I just went through it when a CAT scan of my lung showed a shadow in my breast. It turned out to be cysts but until that result.....

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter

u jus told a story of my life. u stay & be well, muley.

i would not be so fretful if not fer past results & family history. they said, years ago, that i was high-risk. they were apparanly correct. we know how i fight illness, though- i push on & amaze experts, as of yet. & if i'm sick, i've luved ones that may get me through being ill. & i have Him watching over, & he has given me that strength to fight on, so many times. i'm far beyond thankful.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
another biopsy is due. we'll see after that one. i'm calling my doctor. she is very calming when i'm ill & afraid. if nothing else, she knows how to inadvertently make me :biggrin:. i'll let in on my being scared. she is a very calming person when she sees that i'm fretful.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm dialing her tomorrow. i've incessant fevers, night sweats, bruising, joint aches, & i have lost most vision. I'm Praying that it's not leukemia that they suspected awhile ago, decided to not tap my bone, & wait. I'm none to suere they'll let that 1 wait as of now. thank goodness fer klonopin.

Leni

Sending good thoughts your way. Hang tough gal.

Why are you waiting until tomorrow? Call her today. The symptoms that you are describing are very serious especially the loss of vision.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter

Why are you waiting until tomorrow? Call her today. The symptoms that you are describing are very serious especially the loss of vision.

there was too much on my plate, earlier. & still is, as yet, so once holidays pass, i'll dial her. my nurses keep taking great care of me & pushing me to e\run that dagnabbin PEG tube.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter

Why are you waiting until tomorrow? Call her today.

i think that sometimes, hearing stuff later is better than hearing that, now.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
i think that sometimes, hearing stuff later is better than hearing that, now.
One day might make a difference in treatment ...can't say for sure, all depends on the problem. Best wishes Aubrey. :flowers:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
thanx, doc~
being so near medical tx so highly-ranked is a sweeeet deal. they ranked #1 last year; nationally, they stay very high on those charts, as well.