• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

and then the goblin showed up

fleamailman

"...hi..." said the goblin, wondering if he'd even come to the right place is, his thoughts were more on the coffee machine at this point, but he just continued "...well there's not really much to say about me, married with kids I suppose, that's me then..." and then something crossed his mind "...you see, the trouble in one's introduction is simply, if you don't meet the other person, there's absolutely no way to prove anything anyway since these are just words here, and the reader is blind, I mean anyone of us could be just anything then, who knows I could even be a human for that matter MYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no no just joking, thought it was funny though..."

output6.gif

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know about the drugs, but it's quite clear this fellow is suffering from Kerouac's Syndrome and should be given our
support; his malady is not his fault. I think.

fleamailman

(the goblin thanked the humans for their usual offer of drugs here, saying "...alas, alcohol gives me an instantaneous headache these days, whereas pot is allowed in my country but is rarely smoked by anyone simply because it is allowed then, and hard drugs I've never done, so that just leaves tea and coffee I suppose, of which coffee is my downfall now, yes by which I mean continental coffee where if you never seen a continental coffee before, just care to imagine a little cup of sweet black coffee the stage before your central bank does its quantitative easing to it...", and with that the goblin thanked the humans for their concern for his welfare, but felt it best to stop the text here somehow guessing that anyone normal wouldn't read this far)

fleamailman

"... welcome those who have welcomed me..." said the goblin a little time since first joining this site, and yet the goblin had noticed by now a slight let up in everyones welcoming him here, so the goblin has decided to rewelcome all members who had welcomed him again while suggesting that we could hold a "welcome fleamailman week" with "welcome fleamailman" badges and flags, etc., "...anyway as always I am open to input and debate on this subject afterwards..." ventured the goblin with such magnanimous generosity towards his fellow posters here

paintings.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looked at this.

Drank some bourbon.

Still didn't make sense.

I don't own enough bourbon.

fleamailman

Looked at this. Drank some bourbon. Still didn't make sense. I don't own enough bourbon.

("...ah, but if it made sense wouldn't you then wish that it was all still a mystery instead..." inquired the goblin respectfully, then adding "...where the sobriety of wisdom is but a poor substitute for the youthfulness of a good bourbon, so drink up thus becoming younger still...", where the goblin for his part quickly took out a thermos of coffee from his coat, and poured out a cup, saying "...here's to us then, and to forumland too, where if anyone ever asks you why a raven is like a writing desk, just say that both feed upon their authors in their different ways...")

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
("...ah, but if it made sense wouldn't you then wish that it was all still a mystery instead..." inquired the goblin respectfully, then adding "...where the sobriety of wisdom is but a poor substitute for the youthfulness of a good bourbon, so drink up thus becoming younger still...", where the goblin for his part quickly took out a thermos of coffee from his coat, and poured out a cup, saying "...here's to us then, and to forumland too, where if anyone ever asks you why a raven is like a writing desk, just say that both feed upon their authors in their different ways...")

I prefer the Hatter's original answer to his own riddle: "I haven't the slightest idea." Best leave Dodson alone, oh? :brows:

fleamailman

("...so who is this Dodson then, and no I don't remember coming across him in wonderland neither..." ventured the goblin observing how forumland and wonderland had so much in common now, then adding "...btw I'll do my best to be a credit to your forum, promise, plus all my posts are most respectful to you humans now as it's just fun to be away from the camera so to speak...")

repost from elsewhere, another welcome on a writer's forum

"...welcome to here then..." went the goblin feeling that a slight explanation, of what was going on here, might help others equally afflicted by writing, and/or sane people too, to better understand writing and moreover what writers are actually experiencing, explaining "...well, at its simplest, there's a fungus in south america which turns a normal ant into a zombie ant, where in practice instead of that ant doing whatever normal ants do, the infected zombie ant becomes somehow different and then starts of feel the need to climb up the stork to a leaf where at its top it bites the stork fixing itself tightly till finally that which was in its mind makes its way out into the air to infect anew...", meaning perhaps too, that the writer in his turn increasingly feels the need to fix himself to the chair till finally he too releases that which was in his mind out across the ether here, where others then become infected by it...", in fact, the goblin understood it all too clearly now but he couldn't actually stop himself, saying "...I suppose the real question is which ant one is where the end for both ants is the same...", and with that the goblin called for the forum doors to be flung wide open to allow yet one more abide within it recesses, saying "...now you will stay for tea won't you, for all are welcome here where we do so lavish much attention on those we find interesting..."

mind-espiritualista-picasaweb.jpg

Last edited:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
hi, ironman; kinda went toward that thought, myself.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0"]Jefferson Airplane -White Rabbit- - YouTube[/ame]

fleamailman

("...ah yes, that takes me back..." went the goblin loving that song, adding "...and how reality is overrated, and the more real it becomes the more you yearn for escape it seems...")

repost from elsewhere

"...I suppose that even my newest stuff gets posted up here eventually, but there isn't anything really "new" as whatever I do usually comes from something I wrote or thought from somewhere or sometime before if I allow myself think about it like that that is..." related the goblin whose coffee seemed to float the text on here, where he continued "...ah but that's the advantage of being anonymous upon forumland, because the moment one starts to care about whether one is, or isn't, rehashing something, one just becomes hindered, as if somehow looking over one's shoulder all the time, caring when really how could it matter where one is entirely unknown, moreover, in polishing some idea, in its being rewritten that is, often it turns into a different creature form its parent..." ventured the goblin, who often borrowed from himself then, and without shame that he did so too, in that his pen just followed his mind that often went around in those circles of rewording like this

were-all-mad-here.jpg

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
take your meds. they may well buffer your inhibitions- or lack, thereof.

fleamailman

take your meds. they may well buffer your inhibitions- or lack, thereof.

poirot carefully twisted his mustache into a fine point "...um, you know inspector the gray matter moves and the gray matter is telling me that there is something about this case that, how would you english put it..." the inspector looking up from the two dutch texts said "...that doesn't wash hercule, but I don't know, they look alright to me, I mean I can't make head nor tail of them though, but what of it..." the inspector shrugged "...precisely inspector, but that is what they, or should we say he or she wanted..." "...I don't follow..." "...think about it inspector, two posters posting in double dutch on the same day in the same thread, what does that tell you inspector..." the inspector looked back at him and ventured "...that they both wanted to chat with the goblin...", poirot laughed "...oh la la, no inspector it tells you that luvs and ironman or whoever they say they are, are in fact the same person..." at which point the great ork poked his head around the door asking "...how it going with that WIFI problem flea..."

772.jpg

fleamailman

TY 4 proving my point.

("...think nothing of it now..." replied the goblin only happy to be of service here)

repost from elsewhere,

i cant figure it out... are you... sane?
"...well you tell me then..." replied the goblin, adding "...in that, I am replying to posters on a this thread here, which most would agree seems sensible enough, whereas they're actually replying to a questionably mad goblin for all their sanity, which is um..., ..."

fear.jpg

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
okay. i'll put u on my 'ignore' function sooner than later. have a great 1!

Kane

okay. i'll put u on my 'ignore' function sooner than later. have a great 1!

Yes, luvs, a little of the goblin goes a long way. Once in a while, with posts relative the OP, is OK, but when the man (or woman) is left talking to himself (or herself) it does get to be a bit weary.

Alas, the internet attracts all kinds. How the goblin found this little back-woods Sno-Cat site is a mystery. He (or she) must really be running out of folks willing to listen.

fleamailman

("...ah, but I'm afraid I won't ignore you back though..." smiled the goblin, adding "...where none of my posts show malice now, just that on an introduction thread it's best that I introduce myself as would be expected, where your accusations are all probably true, though I don't see how someone who remains anonymous can be attention seeking, it's not my fault that I want to know who I am by what I post...")

repost from elsewhere,

easy come easy go
"...easy come perhaps but it's never easy go with me..." promised the goblin who one way or another would repost his posts across forumland to his very last post, adding "...I mean just because it's futile doesn't mean that it's actually pointless, no it just shows you who you are by what you choose faced against such overwhelming odds...", "...so who is for winning there goblin, where death and silence is not our fate, to arms now, to arms we say, and to hell with the odds with its inevitable outcome later, for it's ever this moment alone isn't it, for you'll never have any other moment bar this one..." went up the cry from a whole host of ghosts in the back of the goblin's mind once more, so it was for those ghost then the goblin would write as yet again his pen quickened across the page, for how long never mattered, how could it matter, for did any other moment bar now ever exist anyway

2643647306_d1b333124e_zpsa2d5a364.jpg

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
so, i made a grilled cheese. that mo-fo rocked.

oh, fuk! there's a goblin in my yard (if i owned one). lemme grab my non- shotgun. that i have yet to buy.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The BigAl knew someone was in his house . He could sense the cheap intruder trying to act like he had discovered a new way to express himself . Crap .. said the BigAl . I've been talking about myself in the third person for years . The BigAl also knew that drawing attention to oneself in this way , usually brought the hunters who would tract and take big sticks and poke him . BigAl had learned this was the Grown Ups Forum and it was best to talk their language if he ever wanted to be accepted . Otherwise BigAl knew he was just wasting his time . The old BigAl was wise ...........

fleamailman

The BigAl knew someone was in his house . He could sense the cheap intruder trying to act like he had discovered a new way to express himself . Crap .. said the BigAl . I've been talking about myself in the third person for years . The BigAl also knew that drawing attention to oneself in this way , usually brought the hunters who would tract and take big sticks and poke him . BigAl had learned this was the Grown Ups Forum and it was best to talk their language if he ever wanted to be accepted . Otherwise BigAl knew he was just wasting his time . The old BigAl was wise ...........

(the goblin showed and smiled upon the replies now, as if knowing too that by now his acceptance was all but defacto now, for humans were strange in their ways, explaining "...you see, most humans know what they want to read, yet what they don't know is that it won't please them when they read it being as expected, thus the author has to offer that which they didn't know they wanted...", and with that the goblin thanked BigAl for his befriending him like this, plus he recognized the writing talent straight off, saying "...best be careful of this writing habit though, for what you write writes you back, where the feedback loop between your pen and your dreams is not imaginary, nor a coincidence neither, and thus you and I share the same fate where those dreams are concerned, no it's not madness in itself, nor are we mad by it, simly it's the opening up of a vivid imagination through the practice of writing, just one's alter ego for want of a better word for it, where dreams are another facet of it, writing is unwittingly like a dream diary is all I saying if this will help you...")

repost from elsewhere

and then, and as if to spoil it even, the goblin showed up wondering why those who wished to practice their writing skills hadn't first thought of using third person here, explaining "...if you do, then it will offer you the two aspects of narration and dialog...", at which point the goblin stopped in his tracks, the night would bring those ghosts to the fore, and the court of his own conscience would start in earnest, the slot looked back at the goblin and asked "...tonight too, goblin...", while the goblin for his part just looked down to the ground and sighed "...no it's too late for us now slot, and how they all want to become writers here, for that fame and fortune no less, oh yes, one's name in bright lights, and yet, when those readers have moved on afterwards, when one has received whatever external acclaim one merits, what then, well one is just stuck with it still going through one's thoughts...", the goblin restarted "...in short you dream of seeing ghosts, then you start seeing ghosts, till finally you can't help seeing ghosts and hate seeing ghosts, and those ghosts have nowhere else to go it seems, why, because what you write writes you back where one doggedly writes away that which repeatedly returns again and again and again..." and there they were then, thousands of them by now, all calling out to be heard once more, and to be written away

Art-by-Nicola-Verlato-19_zps257e3ee2.jpg

xxxx

fleamailman

so, i made a grilled cheese. that mo-fo rocked. oh, fuk! there's a goblin in my yard (if i owned one). lemme grab my non- shotgun. that i have yet to buy.

("...I like your imagination there, you're such fun indeed..." smiled the goblin who lived in switzerland so cheese was something he saw everyday, explaining "...this is the castle of gruyeres where gruyeres cheese comes from, no it's hard to imagine living in a dreamworld like this but there are places in switzerland where it's just incredibly beautiful...")

4.jpg

fleamailman

Charles L. Dodson, English mathematician of the Victorian era. You never met him in Wonderland? "Curiouser and Curiouser."

("...and there was me thinking he was a member of this forum and that you were warning me to take care there..." mentioned the goblin liking that reply even more now, adding "...I like your style indeed...")

repost from elsewhere

"...at any rate I'll never go there again..." said the goblin as he picked his way through his mailbox, "...for the life of me, those are the silliest forumsforums tea-parties I ever was at..." and just as the goblin said this, the goblin noticed that yet another email had the words and then the goblin showed up, reply notification, "...oh, now that is very curious.." the goblin thought. "...oh but everything is curious today. I think I should go back there and see then..." as the goblin pressed the link which then reads Charles L. Dodgson, English mathematician of the Victorian era. You never met him in Wonderland?, "...curiouser and curiouser..." exclaimed the goblin continuing "...but we'll soon see about that though..." as the goblin readies his reply and posts "...humans, you step away from sanity if you continue down this path with me here..." but the goblin guessed that it was already too late for many, just it seems that sanity had never been much fun anyway

likethiscat_zpsf11413eb.jpg

Last edited:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Charles L. Dodson, English mathematician of the Victorian era. You never met him in Wonderland? "Curiouser and Curiouser."

Darn! Sometimes the old memory fails; the name is "Dodgson" not Dodson; sorry about that. Didn't mean to mislead and
I promise to always double check before posting.

Thanks to Jim Slagle for pointing out my error. :thumb:

fleamailman

("...didn't matter, I still loved your reply, where forumland is both vast and fast and all too forgiving for one's own good even..." smiled the goblin just grateful to have the sailor's company awhile, adding "...the beauty of forumland is that no one gets paid to write here, yet there are more readers across forumland than there are in that bookworld today, moreover, there is no conformity neither, simply one writes from one moment to the next in the manner that one feels will do the most justice to one's pen, where a livewriter is only ever a few posts away from his own oblivion anyway, for none of this will last for sure...", and with that the goblin turned in for the night but he was glad that ventured this far now, saying "...I could have caved into their request to write like everyone else, yet doesn't the line go if you write like everyone else then like everyone else is all it will ever be, where now this is me by my pen...")

repost from elsewhere

the goblin showed up saying "...no purpose to any of this really, a forum just is, and its members simply contribute to it, much like dailylife where one just is there and it is just lived too..." said the goblin, as if knowing that wasn't the actual truth, adding "...well, not until one sees one's purpose within it, like if one comes across one's own purpose within posting...", perhaps the goblin was harping back to the idea of the difference between a some floating aimless poster and an actual focused one, knowing that any forum had to be reciprocal to its member's talents for its own prolonged existence, or perhaps the goblin was merely talking about dailylife again, where the prelude to finding one's purpose in life was often some dark period of self doubt and disillusion, "...anyway, my happiness is in fulfilling my purpose here..." repeated the goblin not clouding the issue with some obscure religious motivations, nor base financial ones nether, "...no, simply through posting I want to outline with my pen that which I am following in my mind..." ventured the goblin knowing full well that this wasn't actually happiness at all, no it was just his purpose he felt, adding "...well yes, at any moment I could cast my pen aside, but in doing so my purpose would be lost to me, for what else is there in one's life bar one's purpose, so it's all a journey to self whatever happens while it lasts.."

1zvfoft.jpg

Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Mod hat off .

Yes I agree . Do not feed the trolls . It is how he gets his high .He cannot accept his real life as it is , so he has made up this fictional one in his feeble attempt to draw attention to himself . Don't waste your time responding to him and he will soon enough be gone . Instead pray for GOD to help him .
This Forum is for adults who do not need to play games to inter act with others . Its a shame , as I am sure there are many mental help agency's who might be able to help him get back into society, So please do not feed him with responses that will only encourage his mental sickness .The sooner he gets the professional help he needs , the sooner he can rejoin then real world .

fleamailman

("...ah no, I have accepted my dailylife as it is, moreover, I have accepted where that path goes to too, those trappings of dailylife and the trinkets of the moneygod I mean..." replied the goblin wondering how cheap an outlook that was today, adding "...yet when I write it's something else, where the persona is a mask of the alter-ego behind it, simply the pen taps into that alter-ego there, it's why I told you not to write while having bad dreams, it's a common problem amongst writers, moreover, think over your accusations here, the anonymous by their anonymity are not attention seeking, are trolls as polite as I am, do they stick to topic like I do, is it madness to understand that nothing here can be proved...", but by now the hour had caught up with the goblin once more, no he wanted to write long into the night still but his age was against that whim, while outside the clouded moon just seemed a lone witness to his drowning thoughts, sighing "...with writing, the illness is thinking of it as an illness, where others would think of it more as a gift then, me, I've paid its price from years back now, but I've got a ringside seat in my mind to show for it...")

repost from elsewhere, the "writing about writing about writing" thread

and with that the goblin showed, read through the posts and felt he was onto something, saying "...on forumland the choice is a simple one, that of either becoming an anonymous peter pan, or of being some known wendy, where wendy grows old that is..."
But my dear friend, isn't growing old growing at least?
"...a friend I am, yet I see you've been talking to goblins again, steady now, bad idea, they're not to be trusted you know, but, whereas in dailylife one has no choice about it, on forumland one has that choice, so for me, I'd like to grow something other than simply old..." replied the goblin, adding "...and since nothing here can be proved at all, what is the point, and where is the need, of one's dailylife mask now, one's mask by fate perhaps, but a mask all the same...", the goblin guessed that any self portrayal was unlikely to be as objectively honest as perhaps how others around him would see him, so that just saved the goblin from drawing the line about himself, by having no line at all, observing "...it's quite simple, an ageless faceless goblin on forumland, masks an old fart in his dailylife, who in turn masks an ageless faceless goblin within him still, so now, do you judge something by its appearance or by its contents where perhaps both are the two sides of the same coin here..."

Peter_Pan_004.jpg