• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Guess Who's Back: Chris Christie Said To Be In The Running To Replace Jeff Sessions

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Guess Who's Back: Chris Christie Said To Be In The Running To Replace Jeff Sessions
Matt Vespa| @mvespa1 |Posted: Nov 08, 2018 12:45 PM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...the-running-to-replace-jeff-sessions-n2535585

So, who will replace Jeff Sessions? President Trump firedhis now-former attorney general yesterday:

”At your request, I am submitting my resignation. Since the day I was honored to be sworn in as Attorney General of the United States, I came to work at the Department every day determined to do my duty and serve my country. I have done so to the best of my ability, working to support the fundamental legal processes that are the foundation of justice," Sessions wrote in his resignation letter. "In my time at Attorney General, we have restored and upheld the rule of law --- a glorious tradition that each of us has a responsibility to safeguard. We have operated with integrity and have lawfully and aggressively advanced the policy agenda of the administration."

Matthew Whittaker has been named acting attorney general, but he’s been critical of the Russia probe, and top Democrats are urging him to recuse himself from overseeing the investigation in the same fashion Sessions did (via USA Today):

“I am committed to leading a fair Department with the highest ethical standards, that upholds the rule of law, and seeks justice for all Americans,” Whitaker said.
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., urged Whitaker to recuse himself from overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election, a probe Trump has called a "witch hunt."
“I find the timing very suspect, No. 1," Schumer said. "But, No. 2, our paramount view is that any attorney general, whether this one or another one, should not be able to interfere with the Mueller investigation in any way."
Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., who is likely to become head of the Judiciary Committee as Democrats gain control of the House next year, said "it would be wholly inappropriate for Mr. Whitaker to supervise the special counsel investigation given his documented history of opposition to it." Nadler said Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein should continue to oversee Mueller.
As Whittaker takes the reins at the DOJ for now, the candidate search for a permanent replacement is said to include former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, who is leaving due to term limits, and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani. And yes, this is based on sources—nothing concrete yet. But a Giuliani confirmation hearing…that would be some good television (via CBS News):

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is being considered to replace Jeff Sessions as attorney general, two sources familiar with the matter tell CBS News. President Trump forced Sessions out as the nation's chief law enforcement officer on Wednesday, one day after Democrats captured the House in the midterm elections.
No decisions are expected soon, and the list of those being considered — which also includes Rudy Giuliani, outgoing Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, and former Attorney General William Barr, who served under President George H. W. Bush — is likely to grow in the coming days, CBS News chief White House correspondent Major Garrett reports.

Stay tuned.

Attachments

• 10E55FF3-F01D-4C8F-9391-93DBA773D97A.jpeg
    10E55FF3-F01D-4C8F-9391-93DBA773D97A.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 46

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The New York connection lol

Hey I was right about Kavanaugh.
:yum:

Maybe but you're not right about Giuliani. His day has come and gone. Christie …. NO. Pam Bondi …. NO. I don't know who it is going to be but I'd be very surprised if it was any of those three. William Barr I know nothing about but if he was a George Bush cronie, I doubt it. Whoever it is, is going to be a rabid Trump supporter. That you can sure of.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Even if it is Christie, Jeff Sessions did not set the bar very high. So even Christie could look good as AG as long as he doesn't start closing bridge lanes.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I kinda like that temp guy Whitaker. He looks like he could be a real hard ass. And he's on record as saying the Hag should be indicted.:thumbup::clap: What the hell is wrong with that?

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I kinda like that temp guy Whitaker. He looks like he could be a real hard ass. And he's on record as saying the Hag should be indicted.:thumbup::clap: What the hell is wrong with that?

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

I must admit that I kind of like him too but I read somewhere that he can't be the next AG. Something about not being able to fill a position that he's already filling or something like that. Don't ask me to explain it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Trey Gowdy.

He is a rare Republican who supports Mueller to finish the investigation. That should stifle objections from the left. He is good, competent, fair and tough.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Trey Gowdy.

He is a rare Republican who supports Mueller to finish the investigation. That should stifle objections from the left. He is good, competent, fair and tough.

:th_lmao::yum::th_lmao: No offense Franc, but do you really think that it is humanly possible to stifle any objections about anything from the left? You would do much better in trying to remove the stripes from a zebra. :yum::th_lmao: