• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Auctions

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Anyone else into auctions? In the last year I've started watching a few local auctions.

It's crazy the price variations. I picked up a cheap chinese wheel balancer for $400 last year (been happy with it so far) and the same unit is starting at $900 today.

Almost everything at the auction I'm watching today is going for top dollar. Clearly people get caught up in the excitement and overbid. Either that or they don't do their research.

What's you best auction steal?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
There is also the same cheap chinese new stuff being sold at every auction. It's like they drop off a container of harbor freight crap and see what kind of jacked up price they can get.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Live auctions with barker are screwy. I've been to equipment auctions where used pieces of junk sell for almost new prices.
Then again, I've won incredibly.cheap brand new parts and equipment. To wit, a $300,00 vacuum blender with less than 70 hour of.use for 30k. An emulsifier with 2 hours on it, 150, 000 new, 25,000.
An entire stock room of maintenance parts and supplies including vidmar cabinets for 1200 bucks.
Yes, I go to auctions, and sometimes leave empty handed and dumbfounded, and other times, with trailer loads of stuff.
Other stuff has to be new, like a multivac 245, a 145, keymac cartoner, video jet printers.
Why people buy stuff like that used is beyond me.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought my truck through gov plannet uncle sam paied 150,000.00 new in 1994 I paied 6,000.00 for it with only 15,000 miles on it.