• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Found a few, one looks like an OG Thiokol

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ones a FN10 Nodwell
The others a Trackmaster

The Nodwell is overpriced in my opinion
The Trackmaster is about correctly priced if mechanically good in my opinion

Both are fairly rare

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I run the six cylinder version of the nodwell engine. they are great motors.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is another FN10 for reference this one sold for 6500.00 but is not for sale now

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 305

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
When we purchased this Trackmaster we paid 8000 and then we did work to it. And with all purchases the trucking can be a major consideration. Even if you haul it yourself it's still a cost. This one 1500.00 trucking and 60 hours of work just to get it
Move and drive all for one show �� Gotta love them snow cats

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

VAQUERO

How does the Trackmaster do in deeper snow? Love the look, but would want to make sure it could get me where I want to go - backcountry skiing in the mountains.

Thanks

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
How does the Trackmaster do in deeper snow? Love the look, but would want to make sure it could get me where I want to go - backcountry skiing in the mountains.

Thanks

The one we pictured came from the mountains in Colorado for cabin access
Will it get you through the deepest of snows? Not like a modern 66" wide tracked cat will nor does it have the horsepower of these modern cats. It will provide access to country that will allow good skiing but I can't say that it will climb the deep and steepest of slopes not with the stock cleats anyway. And as in all old snowcats. They can and will break down when you least want them to. And if you are not mechanical you better be friends with someone who is.

But they are fun, and certainly a piece of history well worth preserving and owning

VAQUERO

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I am going to talk to the owner as he is in my neck of the woods.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks, I appreciate the info. I am going to talk to the owner as he is in my neck of the woods.

An important mechanical on the Trackmaster is the condition of the power divider (what lets is turn) not available anymore and parts are rare the bearings seals and internal clutch plates are available but not gears or cases another is condition of the twin ring and pinions in the rear ( they can be retrofitted )

Last edited:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
F10 looks comparable to 1404?

Not really the FN10 was built as a amphibious machine and depending on which company built it it either had the OC12 or the T16 ( Bombardier ) differential
More of a swamp machine than anything some were gas some were diesel (loud)
Tracks were poor in deep snow but worked better turns in the swamp