• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

running on propane?????

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Does anyone else have a crawler, street vehicle, or jeep that runs on propane?? :eek: :smileywac I have a Jeep that I converted to propane this spring I am very pleased with its performance. I get right at 20mpg power is a little less but their are other benefits, drive ability at extreme angles, altitude compensation, No fuel pumps to fail, and less polluting.:cool2:

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
mbsieg said:
Does anyone else have a crawler, street vehicle, or jeep that runs on propane?? :eek: :smileywac I have a Jeep that I converted to propane this spring I am very pleased with its performance. I get right at 20mpg power is a little less but their are other benefits, drive ability at extreme angles, altitude compensation, No fuel pumps to fail, and less polluting.:cool2:
I know this doesn't count, but I have about 10 forklifts at my shop at any given time that run on propane. Clean burning & pretty much trouble free as far as fuel systems go. Most gasoline powered lifts give me nothing but trouble. Today's gasoline is pure sh*t with a shelf life of about 6 weeks.

Eric L

Site Supporter
some folks swear by it...for myself, I just haven't gotten pissed enough at a carb to make the swap to LPG or EFI. I have friends that swapped to EFI, but said if their rigs would have ran as good as mine, they wouldn't have gone through the expense and effort.

I do however, demand that my daily driven vehicles be EFI.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
One answer: Diesel.

Simple, efficient, long lasting. Diesels could be our internal combustion savior. It's just a shame that the EPA has it in for the type. :mad: