• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Koch Brothers Team Up With George Soros, Patreon and Airbnb to Fight Online Extremism

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
https://observer.com/2019/06/koch-brothers-george-soros-patreon-airbnb-fight-online-extremism/

he Koch Brothers are teaming up with tech companies, universities and other fellow billionaires to combat online extremism.
On July 17, the After Charlottesville Project will host its second summit in San Francisco, California. Founded in the aftermath of the deadly 2017 white supremacist attacks in Virginia, the conference brings together political and business leaders to discuss solutions for curbing political terrorism. While last year’s gathering in Missouri involved grassroots and city response initiatives, the focus of this year’s summit will involve the “private tech sector” and “best practices on the fight against hate and extremism online,” according to the event’s press release.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check this out. I don't think it is a good sign at all, and my opinion of the Koch Brothers has hit an new low.

They want voices silenced. Conservatives are the only ones I know of that are..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3r430bQQss"]I Know How We Can Hurt Them - YouTube[/ame]

Amazing Polly a Canadian of note, has her take on the end game of the Globalists. This video explains were she thinks 5G and phones are going to be used against us.

Worry some indeed.

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Does anyone here understand the rush for 5G phone service?

Unless it is to track us like never before?

Can not find the answer, or the truth easily.

My phone does way more than I want it to now. Takes an hour to make it dumb..

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Regards, Kirk

True!

Every time I add a new "App" to my phone, and I do NOT do that often, I go through and turn off all the 'snooping' portions of the App.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Regards, Kirk

5G will give cellular speeds equivalent to cable TV. TV and High speed internet services are worth billions and cable owners are raking that in for now. 5G will make things more competitive in that regard. I have not heard of further tracking capabilities but no doubt it would be enhanced with 5G.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Christ, how much more tracking can there be? I am now going to type in
"I am looking to buy a new Mercedes Benz G63"

How much ya wanna bet within a day or two, I will be targeted with multiple ads from MB trying to sell me a G63?
Let's see.....

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The first thing I do with any new phone is turn off GPS location.

For Christs sake, I know exactly were I am.... :yum:

By doing this one thing, enjoy an extra day of battery life..

There is a lot more that I turn off with a new phone. GPS is just the first and most important thing.

Regards, Kirk

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Christ, how much more tracking can there be? I am now going to type in
"I am looking to buy a new Mercedes Benz G63"

How much ya wanna bet within a day or two, I will be targeted with multiple ads from MB trying to sell me a G63?
Let's see.....

I'm shopping for a Mercedes Benz G63 also!!!

I wonder if I'll see ads for the MB now?
I know if you talk about it with your phone close by and you have the FB app, the phone listens. Traveling in the car with wife and sister in law, SIL asked me to check what tires would be best for her car. Of course I said no problem I'll find her a good buy. I was on my laptop the next day and before I even remembered to check tire prices and sizes FB had an ad for me from Tire Rack. :eek: I was in the car and this ad showed up on my laptop. I was surprised but then found out others are experiencing the same type crap.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Whatever you guys did I wish you would undo it.

In the last 30 minutes I’ve received 10 Mercedes Benz ads! :bolt:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
From a guy who still uses a Samsung S5 he bought for 75 bucks off eBay two years ago and never turns the data on so he can keep his bill at $1.42 a month for the stupid phone it is very safe to say I do not give a rat's ass for 5G. I do not care about it, do not need it and do not want it.

As for the Mercedes, finding a real nice used one for a good deal and letting someone else take the huge depreciation hit, now that is right up my alley. :yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Whatever you guys did I wish you would undo it.

In the last 30 minutes I’ve received 10 Mercedes Benz ads! :bolt:
I guess they are a bit confused, or they know I can't afford one. I've not seen even one ad yet. :yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
From a guy who still uses a Samsung S5 he bought for 75 bucks off eBay two years ago and never turns the data on so he can keep his bill at $1.42 a month for the stupid phone it is very safe to say I do not give a rat's ass for 5G. I do not care about it, do not need it and do not want it.

As for the Mercedes, finding a real nice used one for a good deal and letting someone else take the huge depreciation hit, now that is right up my alley. :yum:
I have a Samsung B780A. I never get ads on it.
Fits in the front pocket of my jeans.
It's a military style flip phone. My kids call it a Capt Kirk phone.
I don't have to sort apts on the screen or change settings.
What a time saver.
IT'S A PHONE!
I've had it for over ten years and I believe it was $99, but came with the ATT service for a year.
Battery last 3-4 days and it always works.

As to the subject of the OP, I'm a bit concerned that the powerful KOCH Bros and George SOROS are teamed up together on any subject.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing yet on my end. But a bunch of SL ads came my way. There's a real nice used black on, lotsa options including sport suspension, with an all-red interior..........

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I never get a lot of junk.
Clean Master takes care of lots of things.
I think!
I get this pop up whenever I log onto most sites now.
20190614_142615.jpg

Sorry.. off topic.
:bolt:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
It happened.
Four of those moving car ad banners, each with at least 3 and one with all Benz G series.
Alas, the black SL with the red interior is gone. Showed the ad to my wife when I got home. "Why didn't you just buy it?"

I guess that's a challenge....