• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

He Can't Help Himself: Joe Biden Plagiarizes Disgraced Michael Avenatti During Iowa

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
He Can't Help Himself: Joe Biden Plagiarizes Disgraced Michael Avenatti During Iowa Speech
BY MATT MARGOLIS JUNE 11, 2019

https://pjmedia.com/trending/out-of...isgraced-michael-avenatti-during-iowa-speech/

Joe Biden just can't seem to help himself when it comes to inappropriately quoting other people. First it was in law school, then it was his first presidential campaign. Most recently, his campaign plagiarized portions of his new climate platform. But, Tuesday during his campaign stop in Iowa, Biden was once again demonstrated his lack of originality.

Former Vice President Joe Biden was applauded Tuesday by Democrats in Iowa when he slammed President Trump with his own twist on the president’s famous campaign slogan.

“He says, ‘let's make America great again,’” Biden said of Trump in Ottumwa. “Let's make America America again.”

Turns out, that’s not the first time voters have heard that line: Michael Avenatti, the anti-Trump lawyer who briefly promoted a possible Democratic presidential run of his own this year before being indicted on multiple charges, repeatedly used that same slogan in public remarks as he pushed back against Trump.

Avenatti most recently used the line – in endorsing Biden for president in April.

“I am extremely happy that @JoeBiden has decided to enter the race,” Avenatti tweeted at the time. “He offers Dems the very best chance in 2020, especially in key states. He has the fight, intelligence and fortitude to beat Trump and begin to make America, America again. He has my enthusiastic support."

He also used the line during a 2018 BBC interview, prompting Newsweek to ask in a headline if the “make America America again” line would be Avenatti’s campaign slogan.

"I'm here to send a loud and clear message that there are millions of Americans that want to make America America again," Avenatti said last year in London.

Avenatti also tweeted the line in 2018, saying, “We must fight fire with fire and we must send a message that we will fight to make America America again.”

And Avenatti used it as the closing line in his speech at the Iowa Wing Day dinner in August 2018, saying, “above all else, we will make America America again.”

The line does not appear to be included of the prepared remarks leaked to The Hill Tuesday morning. But since Avenatti endorsed Biden in April, not long before he was indicted for defrauding Stormy Daniels, I'm sure he won't mind Biden using the phrase on the stump. It probably won't be long before Biden uses "Hope and Change" as a new campaign slogan.

The line may not have been part of the prepared remarks, but they definitely stood out. After Biden's speech CNN's Jeff Zeleny remarked “Five words stand out to me, ‘Let’s make America America again.’ We don’t know if that is going to be the Biden campaign slogan, but it certainly sounded like that inside this hall today.”

Something tells me it won't.