• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Firefox sucks up all my memory. Browsing software options?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks PB. Uninstalled adblock+ and installed this new one. Will monitor and see how it acts. I don't like the disclaimers that they're going to track everything you do but I'll give it a trial run.

Bamby

Well I've been running Brave almost exclusively the last few days. I found I can't do some activities on that browser such as banking. It won't allow bank site to set their cookies the way they want and therefor won't open.

It's amazing how much different sites respond to a different browser. There are huge differences in this site alone. The way links and photos are embedded and also copy and paste.

With Firefox I used to need to copy everything through notepad and then copy to site. If I didn't all formatting was lost and the whole mess would be just one big paragraph which is difficult to both follow or read.

With Brave I can copy and paste straight into here and all formatting is retained and readable except sometimes the font needs attention.

When running CCleaner following Firefox it always seemed to have plenty enough to remove. When following Brave there is virtually nothing found or retained for for the cleaner to remove. Which I consider a good thing.. Still not sure it's the right choice yet, but driving it ain't been to bad so far...

Some may want to consider trying these suggestions. How to Be Invisible on the Internet

Last edited: