• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

J5 Drive sprocket movement

aaron89

Have some play in my j5 drive sprocket on the left side. Moves in and out about 1". The other side is tight. Going to haul it apart just wondering what I'm in for and what to look for. Thanks

aaron89

Re: J5 Drive side axle movement

So I took of the fuel tank and cover of to have a look the axle seams to move in and out of the diff no side to movement it moves in and out about 3/4 of an inch. Is this normal?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: J5 Drive side axle movement

So I took of the fuel tank and cover of to have a look the axle seams to move in and out of the diff no side to movement it moves in and out about 3/4 of an inch. Is this normal?

Normal, there is a spring inside the axle tube.normally the bearings are pretty tight and the axle does not move inside. But it can and if it does do not worry about it.