• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WHAT'S GOING ON AT THE TUCKER FACTORY

Jeffsno27

So I'm starting a new thread that will be updated as much as possible with pictures and stories that are going on at Tucker. Hope you all enjoy its been great to be a part of this forum.

Thank You Scott, Rock & Roll has made it back home to Medford and back to its museum where work will continue!

rock and roll back home.jpg
rock and roll back home 2.jpg

We will be reorganizing the museum and moving things around so that we can start another project, check it out!!

next sno-cat project.jpg

So stay tuned I will upload pictures as much as I can of old and new projects here at Tucker! :biggrin:

I bought my Tucker because it seemed to be the best machine to serve my purpose without realising the history behind the company and the development of the Sno-Cat - I'm finding it very interesting

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So I'm starting a new thread that will be updated as much as possible with pictures and stories that are going on at Tucker. Hope you all enjoy its been great to be a part of this forum.

Thank You Scott, Rock & Roll has made it back home to Medford and back to its museum where work will continue.

You are welcome Mr. sno27

jp11

Doesn't look like much traction with those tracks. Meant for running on tundra with low snow?

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
Doesn't look like your going to let it go too far... you still got its leash chained to a pole in the concrete!

Is this to make up for the one that our friends slipped out of its resting place here in Wassila under the cover of the midnight sun?
very sneaky those two........

And If you think only one will make up for removing that very revered piece of Washington history park here in Alaska think again!!!
Better ship up and sell a couple dozen!
then maybe we be even!

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doesn't look like your going to let it go too far... you still got its leash chained to a pole in the concrete!

Is this to make up for the one that our friends slipped out of its resting place here in Wassila under the cover of the midnight sun?
very sneaky those two........

And If you think only one will make up for removing that very revered piece of Washington history park here in Alaska think again!!!
Better ship up and sell a couple dozen!
then maybe we be even!

It belongs here with the previous owner at Mt St. Helens. We plan to take it up on the Mt. and bury it 300 feet deep with Harry.

Attachments

• DSCN2698.jpg
    DSCN2698.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 2,062
  • Truman Tuckerfrom H T book.pdf
    795 KB · Views: 216

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
What point did Harry sell it. It must have been elsewhere for the eruption?

harry truman in the sno-cat in early 60's and the bill of sale, from 1975 five years before the eruption, and it had gone to Alaska

Attachments

• truman tucker.jpg
    truman tucker.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,989
  • truman tucker002.jpg
    truman tucker002.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 1,994

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very Cool pics. Must be great to see this family history and what is still in people's collections today trying to figure out what is what.

Keep them coming!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
jeff, i do believe it is wonderful, you are so willing to take the time and make the effort to share the very rich and fabulous history of the Tucker Sno-Cat and the family that made it all happen, thank you

fyi, 392 is headed home to medford

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It appears that Sir Vivian Fuchs did not realize that it was Rock and Roll, the Sno-Cat that he drove that The Tucker Corp. bought back. I think we made up for it by having his son Peter drive her up Mt. Hood which is one of the locations where the tested for the Trans Antarctic Expedition.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
They have the vintage fever. Unfortunately it's s chronic diagnosis. It transmits easier than the common cold and lasts much longer!

Communicated from Tucker to person by eyesight ..

Bad news is more competition buying up these relics . Say west!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
hey tucker sno-cat inc., having fun yet? great job of getting #392 apart,

fyi, the machine is a 1955, model 443 and was in the factory, being constructed the same time as County of Kent, Trans-Antarctic Expedition, model 743, #394,

this is one was one of the Buffalo Cats that just hauled home, thought we would share the affliction of the Tucker , all is good out west, mr track addict.

again, tucker sno-cat inc, great to see how well your project is going.