• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1949(?) Tucker on Craigslist

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
these have been sold ! yes i did buy them! if you have one you might need two or three, just to keep the one company, kinda like stray cats, they keep following me home, thank you for posting the info on these tuckers, fyi think i might be, one of the founding members of the cat (tucker) rescue society

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
just got back from checking out my latest tucker purchase, turns out, the black tucker is a 1953, model 421, the 253 rd one built by tucker, other than the missing hood side panels and the big dent in the hood, a pretty solid old sno-cat comes with two sets of wood skis.
and the sad looking rusty one is a 1945, 3 rd production one built, it is powered by chevrolet 216 cubic inch 6 cylinder with chevy trans and rear end.
they no longer will be lawn art !

Attachments

• DSC_0064.jpg
    DSC_0064.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 583
  • DSC_0054.jpg
    DSC_0054.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 578
  • DSC_0049.jpg
    DSC_0049.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 582
  • DSC_0047.jpg
    DSC_0047.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 572
  • DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 571
  • DSC_0072.jpg
    DSC_0072.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 622

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow- I'm glad you find these AND have the means to save them! :clap:

Do you have pics of the '45 that you can post??

And yes, you have the finest cat house in all of Oregon! :yum:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
thanks, it is a questionable house of cats for sure ! hear tell i am not the only house of cats in these parts, purr purr, purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Attachments

• DSC_0055.jpg
    DSC_0055.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 538
  • DSC_0056.jpg
    DSC_0056.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 540
  • DSC_0061.jpg
    DSC_0061.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 534
  • DSC_0069.jpg
    DSC_0069.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 558

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It should be easy enough to dump that cobbled on 'roof' (can't imagine it came like that) to get it back to OEM. It's interesting that the '45 has the steering box outside on the front instead of the cable steering. Did it have a crank arm to articulate the front skis?

That is a great find. And unbelievable that so many of these original production units have popped up over the past year.

NorCal

Great find and thanks for saving those. They are going to a great home.
Never knew Tucker used Chevy, thought they were Dodge all the way.
Did they still have the data plates?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
well, got the two cats home and in the shop, scott and i always made short work of it, the '45 has had the steering changed from the original cable system, when restored that will be put back to original. great day of tuckering

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
ooops forgot to post photos from today

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 486
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 473
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 476

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
found out today that the 1953 tucker, black one, was originally brought by darr's ski shop in government camp, oregon he also owned multipor ski area, also in government camp.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
working on cleaning up and removing the non tucker items from the "rust bucket " and found it's original color of yellow, thinking this photo is of her early years as a pin up poster girl.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZHJCoFH)t+uj)oBR-K)p2uhw~~60_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqZHJCoFH)t+uj)oBR-K)p2uhw~~60_3.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 380

jask

That would be a great looking rig restored to that example. Other than old advertisements I have never seen another "Grass Valley" logo Tucker.:whistling::brows:
I noticed some spots that looked yellow above the drivers door on the black machine as well.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
the plan is to restore the "old rust bucket" back to original, do have some period photos and info, looking for additional material, so,if anyone has anything that could help, i would appreciate hearing from you, did find the original yellow color which i will have colored match for correctness, but, first, need to finish the ground up restoration of a '59 tucker, 443.