• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

RaidTrac 1800

Well I blew the clutch in BALTO this past March and I think I have learned that the Thiokol Swamp Spryte is not the best machine for my peticular needs. So the other day a pal took me out to a ranch and showed me this RaidTrac....I am instantly taken by the 30" tracks, aluminum grousers and overall light weight of the machine. Owner says the Citroen motor runs poorly, like the timimg is off, but just wants to be rid of it. I'm thinking that this RaidTrac looks like the ARGO I tested a few winters ago and would work great in light deep powder snow. I read the past posts here on the Forum and seems like mostly negative reports.....but jeez the guy wants less than a grand and I'm very interested. Anyone want to provide advice / opinion on the RaidTrac? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3098.jpg
    IMG_3098.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 2,071

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i have a raid track also i havn't taken it out yet as i need to get a more moderen motor like a honda the weak spots i can see is no heat and if the steering clutches get wet i'm betting they won't work. the plus side they are light with wide tracks. a 3 cylender geo motor might be a good conversion like some folks did in cushman trackster would give you some good heat that way

Thanks for the feedback DDS....for the few $$$ I just might buy the machine and see what I can do to it. 3 cylinder geo?? tell me more

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
suzuki and geo both made little 3 cylinder engines they were cheap and usualy outlasted the cars they were in you would have to make a flywheel addapter to attach the cvt clutch to. the other problem will be the inclines you can safely go up and down like the trackster those machines are short and have a small contact patch on the ground so when going up or down an incline you will have to be carefull as the machine can endo easyly, try to look up a cushman trackster operator manual on the internet and it will show you in pics what i'm trying to explain. as you travel over the apek=x of a bump the machine goes up aways befor it drops fast if this hapens on an incline you are going end over end.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hard to pass up that kind of price. However, we tested out one of those some years ago and found it to be sorely under-powered at high elevation (10K' to 11K'). With two men it was walking speed slow and extremely noisey. It did stay on top of soft snow pretty well, about like a 1404 Imp. Definitely didn't have the power or steering that a 1404 has though. Hope that helps.