• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Has the TSA gone to far with body scans and body searchs required before you can fly?

Has the TSA gone to far with body scans and body searches required before you can fly

• Yes they've gone to far, I do not plan to fly if I can possibly avoid it

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Yes they've gone to far, but I'll fly as it's required for my job / livelyhood.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • No, it is for the good of all and I'll gladly submit to the searches as required

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I don't know and don't care. I don't fly.

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What do you think?

Has the TSA gone to far with body scans and body searches required before you can fly?

Did you hear about the guy who allowed the body search and then said (loudly) "Search me but if you touch my junk I'll have you arrested!!" :thumb: :clap: :clap:

Have they gone to far?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
This all could be avoided by profiling the passengers whose race/religion is responsible for the terrorism. The Israeli model is very effective, but since there is nobody that needs to be paid off, and it's "not my idea," we will be subjected to the humiliation and groping by Janet's agents. Just as an aside...

, one of the two companies manufacturing the full-body scanners the TSA has been using to stir up the ire of airline passengers of late, yesterday. It turns out that not only is Rapiscan CEO Deepak Chopra (not THAT Deepak Chopra) a maxed-out Obama donor and a member of the president’s retinue for last week’s India trip, but the company uses a lobbying firm run by former Department of Homeland Security head Michael Chertoff.
[/URL]

More here

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I know this aint new , but its an email I got quite awhile back & I think the only real solution to the problem . :wink:

Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports:
All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or in your body.
The explosion will be contained (along with a self-cleaning system) within this sealed booth. This would be a win-win for everyone.
There would be none of this crap about racial profiling and the device would eliminate long and expensive trials.
This is so simple that it's brilliant.
I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion.
Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers, we now have a seat available on flight number...

fubar

I can't see with all the tears in my eyes, "...along with a self-cleaning system...":yum::yum::yum:

It would damn sure put an end to that game!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Israel does not do what we do and they are TARGET #1 in the world.

Seems to me there are better ways, but because we are so damn politically correct we won't profile, we won't do whatever is required but we will inconvenience old grandmothers, feel up young children and nuns.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I've flown through San Diego 4 times in the last 6 weeks and that is where the 'cool' dude yelled to a TSA employee to not touch his "junk". I've gone through that exact backscatter scanner he was afraid of 3 of the 4 times. Big freaking deal. Sure, I had to autograph some pictures for some of the female TSA workers, but it didn't take too long. :whistling:

I guess I don't get it. I fly about 100k miles a year and I've never had anyone grab Jim and the twins in a pat down. If you're so freaking insecure about someone seeing the size of your pecker when going through a backscatter scanner, you need to seek counseling. It's called a penis. Generally all men have them. They come in different sizes just like breasts on a woman. If you have that big of a problem with someone seeing it, maybe you ought to fly Mamby Pamby Airlines or something. I'd rather fly safe and bored.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hell I might have to fly to Philly and back just so somebody touches it!:whistling::yum: The only part of the pat downs I hate is taking my suspenders off. I dropped my pants and put them back on right there in Tampa airport. The hell with them if they treat me like a terrorist!:hammer:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't you love how the gubmit's solution to a problem always seems to involve a major donor or a crony of some sort? I love the statement by the past head of El Al...the US is always reactive rather than proactive. Also, he said that technology is not the answer. There's always a way around technology.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How is it the government can do this activity but if any citizen does it, it's sexual harassment?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just found this post in the forums. It sure is applicable to this thread.

After the 9/11 attacks, when 19 Muslim terrorists – 15 from Saudi Arabia, two from the United Arab Emirates and one each from Egypt and Lebanon, 14 with "al" in their names – took over commercial aircraft with box-cutters, the government banned sharp objects from planes.

Airport security began confiscating little old ladies' knitting needles and breaking the mouse-sized nail files off of passengers' nail clippers. Surprisingly, no decrease in the number of hijacking attempts by little old ladies and manicurists was noted.

After another Muslim terrorist, Richard Reid, aka Tariq Raja, aka Abdel Rahim, aka Abdul Raheem, aka Abu Ibrahim, aka Sammy Cohen (which was only his eHarmony alias), tried to blow up a commercial aircraft with explosive-laden sneakers, the government prohibited more than three ounces of liquid from being carried on airplanes.

All passengers were required to take off their shoes for special security screening, which did not thwart a single terrorist attack, but made airport security checkpoints a lot smellier.

After Muslim terrorist Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab of Nigeria tried to detonate explosive material in his underwear over Detroit last Christmas, the government began requiring nude body scans at airports.

The machines, which cannot detect chemicals or plastic, would not have caught the diaper bomber. So, again, no hijackers were stopped, but being able to see passengers in the nude boosted the morale of airport security personnel by 22 percent.

Sign the WND petition demanding a halt to abusive TSA security checks now!

After explosives were inserted in two ink cartridges and placed on a plane headed to the United States from the Muslim nation of Yemen, the government banned printer cartridges from all domestic flights, resulting in no improvement in airport security, while requiring ink cartridges who traveled to take Amtrak.

So when the next Muslim terrorist, probably named Abdul Ahmed al Shehri, places explosives in his anal cavity, what is the government going to require then? (If you're looking for a good investment opportunity, might I suggest rubber gloves?)

Last year, a Muslim attempting to murder Prince Mohammed bin Nayef of Saudi Arabia blew himself up with a bomb stuck up his anus. Fortunately, this didn't happen near an airport, or Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano would now be requiring full body cavity searches to fly.

You can't stop a terrorist attack by searching for the explosives any more than you can stop crime by taking away everyone's guns.

In the 1970s, liberal ideas on crime swept the country. Gun owners were treated like criminals, while actual criminals were coddled and released. If only we treated criminals with dignity and respect and showed them the system was fair, liberals told us, criminals would reward us with good behavior.

As is now well-known, crime exploded in the '70s. It took decades of conservative law-and-order policies to get crime back to near-1950s levels.

It's similarly pointless to treat all Americans as if they're potential terrorists while trying to find and confiscate anything that could be used as a weapon. We can't search all passengers for explosives because Muslims stick explosives up their anuses. (Talk about jobs Americans just won't do.)

You have to search for the terrorists.

Fortunately, that's the one advantage we have in this war. In a lucky stroke, all the terrorists are swarthy, foreign-born, Muslim males. (Think: "Guys Madonna would date.")

This would give us a major leg up – if only the country weren't insane.

Is there any question that we'd be looking for Swedes if the 9/11 terrorists, the shoe bomber, the diaper bomber and the printer cartridge bomber had all been Swedish? If the Irish Republican Army were bombing our planes, wouldn't we be looking for people with Irish surnames and an Irish appearance?

Only because the terrorists are Muslims do we pretend not to notice who keeps trying to blow up our planes.

It would be harder to find Swedes or Irish boarding commercial airliners in the U.S. than Muslims. Swarthy foreigners stand out like a sore thumb in an airport. The American domestic flying population is remarkably homogenous. An airport is not a Sears department store.

Only about a third of all Americans flew even once in the last year, and only 7 percent took more than four round trips. The majority of airline passengers are middle-aged, middle-class, white businessmen with about a million frequent-flier miles. I'd wager that more than 90 percent of domestic air travelers were born in the U.S.

If the government did nothing more than have a five-minute conversation with the one passenger per flight born outside the U.S., you'd need 90 percent fewer Transportation Security Administration agents and airlines would be far safer than they are now.

Instead, Napolitano just keeps ordering more invasive searches of all passengers, without exception – except members of Congress and government officials, who get VIP treatment, so they never know what she's doing to the rest of us.

Two weeks ago, Napolitano ordered TSA agents to start groping women's breasts and all passengers' genitalia – children, nuns and rape victims, everyone except government officials and members of Congress. (Which is weird because Dennis Kucinich would like it.)

"Please have your genitalia out and ready to be fondled when you approach the security checkpoint."

This is the punishment for refusing the nude body scan for passengers who don't want to appear nude on live video or are worried about the skin cancer risk of the machines – risks acknowledged by the very Johns Hopkins study touted by the government.

It is becoming increasingly obvious that we need to keep the government as far away from airport security as possible, and not only because Janet Napolitano did her graduate work in North Korea.

Ann Coulter

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Which brings me to my next question: Has any of these measures ever stopped a terrorist attack? As far as I know they have not. What a waste of taxpayers time and money.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
What would be wrong with having people who have been thoroughly checked out by the government (such as I have been as a former FFL holder and currently hold numerous class III stamps along with a lifetime concealed carry permit) being offered additional training courses and then allowed to carry as passengers on the airline?

The government has everything about me checked except maybe a sperm sample. With further training and, obviously, passing the same tests their air marshals pass, why not have some armed passengers? That would really screw up a terrorist; not knowing if there is an air marshal on board but also not knowing how many passengers may stop their heartbeat.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't you love how the gubmit's solution to a problem always seems to involve a major donor or a crony of some sort? I love the statement by the past head of El Al...the US is always reactive rather than proactive. Also, he said that technology is not the answer. There's always a way around technology.

Israel does not do what we do and they are TARGET #1 in the world.

Seems to me there are better ways, but because we are so damn politically correct we won't profile, we won't do whatever is required but we will inconvenience old grandmothers, feel up young children and nuns.

In my opinion, these tow quotes are the crux of the message. We ARE reactive and technology is NOT the answer. We feel up young children and nuns, because, there are folks willing to sacrifice their young and nuns that will do the same for their cause. None of this really makes us any safer. What it does is alienate the people till maybe the TSA will have to back off and the commercial interests will roll out more technology while the bad people are making new, more innovative ways to kill people.

the problem has to be stopped at the source. The masterminds and planners are free to do their dirty work with impunity. They and their families are safe. Bring it home to the people on top and it will stop. Please do not try to say that we cannot find them.

fubar

I can't follow this thread any longer...
I keep getting a mental picture of PEE WEE Herman and Barny Frank fighting over who gets to be next in the TSA line!!!:reacharou:yum::yum:

PICK ME...PICK ME!!!! :slap:

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't know. I'll tell you after Monday when I experience the TSA for myself.

Interesting, as Coulter points out "Instead, Napolitano just keeps ordering more invasive searches of all passengers, without exception – except members of Congress and government officials, who get VIP treatment, so they never know what she's doing to the rest of us."

Those that get the VIP treatment are the biggest crooks, robbers and thieves of security and liberty than any terrorist could ever hope to be!

SShepherd

well, airlines are really not "private" companies any longer, and we still have rights according to the constitution.
The TSA needs to be reigned in, they think-and act- like they can do whatever they please.

there's no reason, after the "uber scanner thinga majigger", to have an pat down- let alone one that allows them to touch areas that usually require a search warrant or probable cause.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know. I'll tell you after Monday when I experience the TSA for myself.

Interesting, as Coulter points out "Instead, Napolitano just keeps ordering more invasive searches of all passengers, without exception – except members of Congress and government officials, who get VIP treatment, so they never know what she's doing to the rest of us."

Those that get the VIP treatment are the biggest crooks, robbers and thieves of security and liberty than any terrorist could ever hope to be!

Thats what Ron Paul was trying to get through to them in the C-span video I posted , I thought he covered it perty well , saying that if everyone in congress & elsewhere in the government went through the same thing as the public , they might just understand & rethink their positions .

The short video really is worth watching IMO , The only place I could find it was on liveleak though . :wink:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
The scanners can't pick up plastics and liquids. So what happens when yuseff al el abbibi shoves a plastic encased explosive up his rectum, tsa gets a tip (how they found the the toner cartridges with aleged explosives), pulls the yuseff out of line, and walla, finds the explosives.

Next is cavity searches.

You folks that are ok with the govt doing illegal searches - we are heading toward Cuba or Communist Russia. Talk to a Cuban that had his life blown apart by castro. Talk to a Venzuelan. Or an eastern european person.

say what you want, we are heading there.

Finally, what do the Israelis do? Anything TSA? Hell no, and the most popular target, Jews, fly safe.

rationalize govt overreach anyway you want; there IS a better and proven way to make flying "safe".

SShepherd

The scanners can't pick up plastics and liquids. So what happens when yuseff al el abbibi shoves a plastic encased explosive up his rectum, tsa gets a tip (how they found the the toner cartridges with aleged explosives), pulls the yuseff out of line, and walla, finds the explosives.

Next is cavity searches.

You folks that are ok with the govt doing illegal searches - we are heading toward Cuba or Communist Russia. Talk to a Cuban that had his life blown apart by castro. Talk to a Venzuelan. Or an eastern european person.

say what you want, we are heading there.

Finally, what do the Israelis do? Anything TSA? Hell no, and the most popular target, Jews, fly safe.

rationalize govt overreach anyway you want; there IS a better and proven way to make flying "safe".

LOL, why do Jews fly safe? Because israel is smart enough to recognize that JEWS aren't the ones blowing up and hyjacking jets, and they're not dumb enough to let the PC bullshit keep them from profiling

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Since Pelosi will be back to flying coach I would hope she had to go through security like the rest of us. Why are congress exempt from it? They are no better than the ones who elected them. This is just one more example of why they can't make good decisions because they have no clue what the real citizens are going through.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
The wife booked a February vacation for us to the Dominican Republic. Even though it will be frigid when we leave Cleveland, I think I'll make the day of TSA's latent homosexuals by wearing this under a trenchcoat to make their job easier.

84446ZEBRA_1.JPG

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
The wife booked a February vacation for us to the Dominican Republic. Even though it will be frigid when we leave Cleveland, I think I'll make the day of TSA's latent homosexuals by wearing this under a trenchcoat to make their job easier.

Ok... I am trying to understand this comment.... Why is a person doing their job, as instructed by their boss, who has been instructed by their boss etc. etc. a latent homosexual?

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Well from a different perspective, both my kids are TSA supervisors. They are required to do what the policies set in Washington DC are. They are in no way interested in "Touching your Junk", they are not very thrilled about it just like the passengers aren't.

They also don't have the new full scan systems yet to where they will have to start the newer seaches, so not much has changed as of yet for them.

If you are truely upset about having someone in a back room take a cell phone photo of you being naked, from the scanner and then post it on the web, or you choose to bypass that for what amounts to an unconstatutional feelup, write your Congressman or Senator. Doing that will net the average person some prision time, even police can't do it without a warrant, yet one person in Washington can wave a pen and make it all manditory.

Our system is screwed up pretty bad and is getting worse. So far the terrorist have won big time IMHO....