• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

my 1 track machine project

bctimber

its a 1969 thoikol 1201-b haven't pick it up yet but can't wait to go get it. was searching the net for info and here i am. what a great forum's here.looking for manuals and info and do's and don'ts . thanks

Attachments

• DSC00306.JPG
    DSC00306.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 486
  • DSC00308.JPG
    DSC00308.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 481

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
its a 1969 thoikol 1201-b haven't pick it up yet but can't wait to go get it. was searching the net for info and here i am. what a great forum's here.looking for manuals and info and do's and don'ts . thanks

Did you ask Bill for a Manual ? he must have one.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
If Bill does not have a manual call Petersons in Logan and give them the serial number. They may be able to provide a copy of the original build sheet along with the manual. They are not cheap but worth the price to have for your snow cat.

I do like those wide tracks. Just for sh!ts and giggles how wide are your roads, trails, shop doors and gates where you plan to use the cat? :4_11_9:

bctimber

gate's ???? :17875: i live in central BC on 360 acres this is where i will warm up the motor.Here is 2 pics of my 2,000 square mile's of guide area that i hunt and fish and play with a dozen cabins on it. imagine 6 to 10 feet of snow each winter and there is hundreds of lakes to ice fish that have 2 or 3 feet of ice thanks to the pine beetle its wide open they log all winter so the roads are 30 to 40 feet wide. we use sleds right now .the cat well we are now allowed to bate wolfs in so the bate will go on the back of the cat and drop off on the chosen lakes.:thumb: we mite use live traps then sell the wolf's to the US fish and game so they can reintroduce them in key parks to clean out the deer and elk:pat: just kidding.

Attachments

• moose and camp 2007 050.jpg
    moose and camp 2007 050.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 434
  • moose and camp 2007 051.jpg
    moose and camp 2007 051.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 436

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
bctimber
Where are you located in BC? I am in North Idaho and always looking for a good guide service! You need to get ahold of Snowcat Pat. He can help you out with parts and service.
Quite the backyard you have there. Mind if we bring our cats and come visit?

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Beautiful lake and a real nice supply of winter meat in your pics!!! Where are you at in BC? I use to travel up east of Jasper near Hinton and the Tumbler Ridge area on business often. You are fortunate to live in an area that is so unspoiled by the masses of people. :thumb: Keep posting those pics and you will get discovered!!!:4_11_9:

KRC

That was convenient to shoot a moose in the back of a truck. We usually have to quarter them up, haul them out 5 miles and then load them up in the truck.

snowbird

Looks like a fun project. Congratulations!
(Where I live we hope for inches of snow and there you measure it in feet).

shovanl

SUPER Site Supporter
BC I have a1977 1202 and a service manual If you PM me with and address I well be happy to copy it and send it to you. My cat also come from Bill G and I have been very happy with him and his service. Larry

bctimber

thanks guy's with all the help, bill has a manual that comes with it.its Prince George BC you can find me at www.ambushoutfitters.com or I just got to Portland Oregon for the sportsmen show this week and will be at Monroe Washington Feb 20Th to 24 and Central Oregon Redmond show Feb28 to mar 2 hope to see some of you down there:beer:

bctimber

100_2782 100_2779
well 40 hr on the meeter Lot's of fun. should have got one years ago. Rebuild the frame put an 8'X8' aluminum deck on the back ,installed a CD player and a cooler full of beer on the back, Man we have put it to the test , should have seen the face of the train engineer as we went straight up the 20' bank they have plowed out for the train and yes or pants were full too. I have heard tail that the dif's are weak I have pulled to 2 round bail's tie together that's 2400 lb's so for so good:bonk:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I dont know who said those rear diffs were weak! The very early models had OC4 rear diffs. Yes those are weak in that type of vehicle great for the smaller Imps and such but not for the heavier 1200s. You my friend have the OC12 rear diff which is pretty much bullet proof. SNOWCAT PAT (member here) also known as Pat Foster in Wallace ID has all the parts and such for the OC12s. When you need brake lining call him or if your farther East contact BOGGIE (member here). He is located in Minnesota. The OC12s were designed to have much wider tracks than you have on right now. Change the rear diff fluid twice a year or more depending how much use it gets. Catapiler TO-4 30 weight is amazing stuff! about 70 bucks a change. (4.75 gallons needed) You will need 2 more gallons I believe since you have the drop axles. Post many pics! :thumb:

bctimber

all right I thought i had the oc4 . this is good news as this toy is going to be a work horse hauling moose and spike camps all over my guide area.thank fo the info

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Another thread on changing the oil on an OC-12 (no drop axles though on this OC-12) Add another two gallons or until it starts to run out the top fill hole. Also on the side of the drop axles are the drain holes. Make sure you remove these to get the oil out of the drop axle housings. Then run a few extra gallons of the cheapest 30 weight oil you can finde to flush the crud out. Then fill her up with some nice Caterpilar TO-4 30 weight.

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=10193&page=11