• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WHAT'S GOING ON AT THE TUCKER FACTORY

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK you restoration freaks, watch how this is done. Tuesday we were loading this Sno-Cat on Tuckers trailer and today it is pretty much disassembled. Way faster than I can do. Just for clarification, this 443 is ser. no. 155392. County of Kent Ser. no. 155394, which is the 743 which was sent to Antarctica one year before Rock and Roll, Haywire, and Able. All four made the full crossing and County of Kent was the only one with windows along the sides. In my opinion, the 1955-1956 443's and 743's with the vertical grill bars which wrap around the front corners are the best looking of all the Sno-Cats. So these two cats shared the same floor space and chalk at the same time. There is some real history for you.

Last edited:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jeez, You & Marcus &Clyde don't mess around. I could send mine out there and the travel time out & back would be longer than the restoration time! :thumb:

Last edited:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jeez, You & Marcus &Clyde don't mess around. I could send mine out there and the travel time out & back would be longer than the restoration time! :thumb:

Better take a number Mr. Net, my understanding is that Tucker Sno-Cat Corp. will only be doing a limited run of these restorations. Ferrari does the same thing with a full factory restoration of their earlier cars. I will try to get in line ahead of you if I can pull it off.

Jeffsno27

No rest here, I have a couple different hats I wear here at Tucker so I had to take some time to do service videos. Check them out on our face book.
here are some more pics.

20150626_080057_resized.jpg

20150629_085040_resized.jpg

20150629_092953_resized.jpg

20150630_091313_resized.jpg

20150630_091438_resized.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the update.

KEEP THE PHOTOS COMING!!!

Snowcat Pat

Nice work there. Nice machines.

So far I have not seen any shop equipment that I don't have experience operating.

hmmm, Medford Oregon.

If only I were still a young man...

-Pat

AdkSnowcat

Might be a real nice place to be an apprentice? Especially if you could bring your ('74 442) Tucker along??? (And maybe a large sack of cash.) Is Tucker taking apps?

:)

Great Thread!
How about the age old question regarding track roller bearings, where do you source replacements or rebuild existing. The rollers pictured on the track segments on the work table look OK, I'm sure you'll need to address a few.

Mark

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Couple of years ago New Holland (Ford) did a retro version of the Ford 9N tractor. Perhaps Tucker should do a retro of one of the old style bodies with today's drive technology.

Jeffsno27

This was fun! I was going through a envelope of old brochures and ran across this one that has our project cat when it was new!

1250_001.jpg

Jeffsno27

more fun old pics! One of my Favorites is the Tucker 2 cycle engine! I found some of the prints of different ideas my great grandfather was working on for that!

1251_001.jpg

1252_001.jpg

Jeffsno27

Rock & Roll got to get out stretch her legs a bit and show off for some customers that came in for maintenance training.

20150715_113300_resized.jpg