• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rotary/brush cutter recommendations?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Question for y'all.

I want to get a brush/rotary cutter for my 25HP tractor. I'm going with a 60". Any preference on brand? I'm currently looking at Bush Hog and Land Pride. Reviews on the TSC brand weren't too good so I was skipping them.

Would like to keep the weight around 500# and cost at around $2K so I'm not going to get something really heavy duty. Just want it for some relatively light work in the woods but don't want it to fail if it catches a stump or obstruction. If cost isn't prohibitive, I'll go with a slip clutch instead of shear pin setup.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
I've got a Woods brush bull in 5' & it's hard to beat, cuts nicer than the farm store cheapo's & it will outlast me. I think it was about $1950 a year or so ago.

List is $2250 so you need to beat on them a little. I packaged mine with a 5' tiller.

Attachments

• bb60.jpg
    bb60.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 39

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I have a crappy 60" King Kutter from the farm store. I've been running it for 10 years and it is still going strong, no complaints. I use it to keep the brush back around my fields cutting saplings and bushy weeds, so I don't abuse it.

I bought it on sale for about $900 because it had a dent in it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a crappy 60" King Kutter from the farm store. I've been running it for 10 years and it is still going strong, no complaints. I use it to keep the brush back around my fields cutting saplings and bushy weeds, so I don't abuse it.

I bought it on sale for about $900 because it had a dent in it.
I have an off brand made in Ohio, it's called an 'international'. Nothing special but it does eat up the brush. I got it for less than $1000. Very very pleased with it and it's still going strong.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I have the Woods Brush Bull 5' wide. I've tortured it for 6-7 years. Just fix the dents with a sledge hammer and try to miss the rocks next year :)

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll also recommend a Woods. Mine is an older model, a 5' Dixie Cutter. 20 years old and still going strong.

Jim

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I have a 4 foot one that I run on a 24hp tractor. Running up and down my steep hills it was all she could manage at times. If your ground is fairly flat and level a 5 foot one should be OK. Mine is an off brand I got with the tractor 16 years ago, Bumble Bee I think. It has served me well but hasn't been used much these past few years since I got the bigger tractor and a 6 foot Bush hog which I've totally abused.

Really, any well made name brand will work and probably some not so well known brands too. They're pretty simple pieces of machinery as long as the manufacturer doesn't skimp on "metal".

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I just got a 60" king kutter with a slip clutch and floating mount from Murdoch's. .Using it on saplings, brush and grass. For $1000.00 I love it and it is domed and welded all the way. No stitch welds..

535#

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have the 60" Land Pride on order. Will give reviews after receipt.