• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

US Deficit: Choose Your Cuts

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I don't understand why repealing the health care reform costs money ?

Interesting, but I feel like many other choices for reducing the federal budget were left out.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter

Interesting, but I feel like many other choices for reducing the federal budget were left out.

I had the same thought. Regardless, I think it gets the point across.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
How about we get out of being the world's cop on our dime. That alone would cut half our national budget expenses. We do spend 47% of the worlds total expense on defense with China coming it second at 14%.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How about we get out of being the world's cop on our dime. That alone would cut half our national budget expenses. We do spend 47% of the worlds total expense on defense with China coming it second at 14%.
Totally agree.

We have a base in S.Korea to protect them. I have no problem having troops there but the S.Korean government should pay the costs of that base and salaries of those soldiers.

We have a base in Japan to protect them. I have no problem having troops there but the Japanese government should pay the costs of that base and salaries of those soldiers.

etc

etc

etc

Simple, because the Congressional Budget Office ruled ~by using incomplete data~ that ObamaCare would save the nation money. So using the same data, repealing it would cost the nation money.

It has been proven by the very same CBO, that if Medicare and other expenses that were specifically excluded from their calculations, were considered then ObamaCare would cost the nation more than we are currently spending under private insurance. However the rules under which the CBO works are very rigid. They are ONLY permitted to consider the costs of programs based on the very specific information that is provided to them by the Speaker of the House (in this case Pelosi) and bill sponsors.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Hell MD we have troupes in half of the countries in Europe too. Never mind the two wars we are fighting on borrowed money while Bush lowered taxes all of which is on the credit card. Now one that is done they we will discuss cutting social costs for our country that is after we decide on infrastructure in this country. Obama care is a drop in the bucket next to things we do need to improve in this country.

Oh and much to most peoples mind set medicare and social security are paid for by money taken out of peoples weekly pay checks in most cases. This to me is not a give away but something purchased into you know like insurance. How many people die in this country that have paid into it and never collected a dime of what they have coming. I for one will probably never see more than a year or two of it at which point my wife will get mine and loose hers. Think about it if you can in all honesty. I had a daughter who had worked for 20 years and paid into both all her adult life. She died at 32 years old and one child got a $160 a month for the next 2 years or till 18. Oh and they paid $300 toward the 10K it cost to bury her.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Or how about we quit subsidizing ethanol production so we can have lower fuel economy. How about we quit subsidizing Big AG period?

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
just some small change but how about no more monies for NPR and Abortions?

Abortions? Really there is a federal law that simply states no federal money for abortions period. But then I guess laws now mean nothing. :hammer:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Or how about we quit subsidizing ethanol production so we can have lower fuel economy. How about we quit subsidizing Big AG period?

That falls under corporate bail out and I can agree. But then I've always been against subsidizing established products but start ups I'm for or new technology while old established ones like oil, AG etc no way. Especially when they make billions in profit each year and going up each year.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Abortions? Really there is a federal law that simply states no federal money for abortions period. But then I guess laws now mean nothing. :hammer:
Dont know , we gota wait these days untill they pass them before we know whats in them :whistling:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
This law has been on the books for some time now Cowboy at least a decade. :bangin:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

Yeah I am sure there is a law but you know well that money is going for abortions. Maybe I should have just stated no money to planned parent hood or any organization that supports abortions.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
But then I guess laws now mean nothing. :hammer:

This is what you said Joe that I was replying to :wink:

Dont know , we gota wait these days untill they pass them before we know whats in them :whistling:

This law has been on the books for some time now Cowboy at least a decade. :bangin:

If you cant at least read what someone else posts try to at least keep track of what you write yourself please :biggrin:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Give it up cowboy I read what you posted and know what I posted. Sorry partner as I said their is a federal law against it and if you or any one believes it isn't in effect I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you. God I'm beginning to think you people can't comprehend facts but write you own based on propaganda from Fox.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Give it up cowboy I read what you posted and know what I posted. Sorry partner as I said their is a federal law against it and if you or any one believes it isn't in effect I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you. God I'm beginning to think you people can't comprehend facts but write you own based on propaganda from Fox.

Once again joe . A federal law against what ? As I tried to make clear in my last post I was only replying to the fact you said ( But then I guess laws now mean nothing ) So I was just agreeing with you that they obviously dont NOW Because , MY reply ( we gota wait these days untill they pass them before we know whats in them ) with a sarcastic smiley behind it . You on the other hand came back with this reply with a really mean smilie :biggrin: ( This law has been on the books for some time now Cowboy at least a decade. :bangin: ) So no I dont recon I need to give anything up Joe . But thanks for your as allways very interesting input on what I posted . :wink:

loboloco

Yes, joec, there is such a law. However, the federal government provides funds for Planned Parenthood, which performs or pays for performance of abortions. this is federal money being used for abortion. Oh, I know how they get around the law, claiming federal funds go for 'other functions', but that doesn't pass the 'smell' test.
You are, technically, correct in that the federal government does not directly pay for abortions, but incorrect, in that the government supports organizations that do perform them, thus using tax dollars to pay for abortions.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

Ok so tell me how my wife can go to the Doctor for a problem on her knee. After the consult charges they decide to give her a shot of cortozone to get rid of the pain. The shot itself was $1200.00. She was there a total of five minutes. But yet the average abortion costs $372.00 with subsidies. What subsidies?? I am sure Planned Parent Hood knows how to get around the law.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Give it up thcri it is a ghost problem. Federal law period check it out for your self now if a state overrides it I have no knowledge but won't be the first time a state disobeyed federal law. Look at guns as a great example of states overstepping their legal limits and getting away with it. Unless someone brings it to the level of SCOTUS it stands state or otherwise. I don't make the rules but I live by them and accept them as fact.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Give it up thcri it is a ghost problem. Federal law period check it out for your self now if a state overrides it I have no knowledge but won't be the first time a state disobeyed federal law. Look at guns as a great example of states overstepping their legal limits and getting away with it. Unless someone brings it to the level of SCOTUS it stands state or otherwise. I don't make the rules but I live by them and accept them as fact.

So there is this Federal Law that I am sure exists, and everybody in the world abides by it. Good Joe I am glad. It is illegal to pay employees cash too and that don't happen now does it Joe.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

Joe if you don't believe Planned Parent Hood is using the money to fund abortions then may I should have said originally that we should get of funding any business's. Is this really any different than funding Ethanol. The Government is giving Planned Parent Hood money to function which allows them to make abortions cheaper.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Planned parent hood to my knowledge doesn't perform abortions unless you think telling people about birth control methods is abortion otherwise I have no idea what you are talking about. Now if they lobby for cheap abortions how about the banking industry lobbying for better regulations. They do give larger amounts of money to them too much more than planed parenthood I would think.

loboloco

Here joe

Planned Parenthood to Open Largest Abortion Clinic

CBNNews.com

Sunday, January 10, 2010
RSS
Podcasts

0 Comment(s)

The latest version of Adobe Flash Player is required to watch this video. Please click on the link below to download the latest version. Thanks!

Embed: Link:
Ad Feedback
The largest abortion clinic in the United States is set to open in Houston, Texas, this April.
Planned Parenthood will renovate a former Houston bank into a 78,000 square foot facility.
Pro-life advocates are calling it an abortion super center and planning a protest next week.
The building will include a surgical wing equipped to provide late-term abortions.
Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood director turned pro-life advocate, says the new clinic will target minorities.
"It's a neighborhood where 85 percent of the population is minority," she said. "That is very intentional by Planned Parenthood."
"Seventy-six percent of Planned Parenthood clinics are built in minority neighborhoods," Johnson continued. "[It's] very intentional and that just goes back to the roots of the organization."
A prayer rally will be held outside the clinic Jan. 18. The facility is scheduled to open in April.

loboloco

joe, got to your browser search line type in the following: 'planned parenthood abortion clinics' and watch all the articles and listings that pop up. as of present day, Planned Parenthood is the largest provider of abortions in the United States.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
OK my question is do they receive federal money? If you answer that with a positive are you sure? Last I heard they aren't a government supported group but I could be wrong simply point out where I am.

loboloco

OK my question is do they receive federal money? If you answer that with a positive are you sure? Last I heard they aren't a government supported group but I could be wrong simply point out where I am.
Plaaned Parenthood has received federal money in the form of grants and 'payments' for services since the mid sixties. About 25% of their money is from the federal government in one form or another. This includes payments to provide 'counseling' to expectant mothers.