• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Not doing a heck of a lot this A.M. ,as I am supposed to do a PET scan in the morning . CAlled to verify the time ,and they had not scheduled it,even though I wa given a date and time ... Waiting to hear back from them . Makes one wonder what else they have dropped through the cracks . . .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just came in from clearing snow. Had a bolt break that holds the tire and axle in place on the snowblower. Temperature is around the freezing mark so is was a foot of heavy wet snow that takes longer. What took me 1.5 hours the other day took me 4 hours today. I also did half of the neighbors drive as he left for work this morning before the plow came and left a 3 ft bank.

Canadian eh!!!
20f1587ccc7bec7b9da7c117bbf09de7.jpg
5d9181a6a28457d11df43b320379f0af.jpg
916570cfba84623ee448832a91fb6c04.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Just came in from clearing snow. Had a bolt break that holds the tire and axle in place on the snowblower. Temperature is around the freezing mark so is was a foot of heavy wet snow that takes longer. What took me 1.5 hours the other day took me 4 hours today. I also did half of the neighbors drive as he left for work this morning before the plow came and left a 3 ft bank.

Canadian eh!!!
20f1587ccc7bec7b9da7c117bbf09de7.jpg
5d9181a6a28457d11df43b320379f0af.jpg
916570cfba84623ee448832a91fb6c04.jpg

Just looking at that white stuff makes my knees seize up and my neck and shoulders ache.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
what you folks who live that far North, call summer we call it winter down here. I can handle the heat much better than cold!! Have a goodun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
As the jokes go up here.....Americans call in the national guard for a couple snowflakes, Canadians put on a jacket. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So happy this afternoon!
Got adequate rest.
Off to the races to make the most of what remains.

Later gang!:smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Slept a full 7hrs for the first time in weeks. So after the last week with 2 big dumps of snow, I decided to take a drive out to camp to check on things and shovel off the roof of the atv storage shed. It's one of those tarp garages. So any snow buildup is going to tear the thing to shreds. I got to use my new snowshoes.
7ada49be2d75ccb5cf9b1765e890e0b8.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's super windy here at the moment.
We're under an advisory for 50mph gusts.
It's been warmish too for January.
That's all going to change tomorrow.
Grr!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Howdy,
looks like BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Stay warm!!!
It was actually pretty mild today. About -5 celcius. I'll take a bit of snow any day over hurricanes and tornadoes. Also that crap slush that hangs around during a melt and freeze cycle. That crap is the worst on the bones and muscles. I actually felt well enough to go snowshoeing a bit out at camp.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
As the jokes go up here.....Americans call in the national guard for a couple snowflakes, Canadians put on a jacket. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Canadian eh!!!
:yum:

Those of us who are close enough to your neck of the woods know what's coming.
That said, I swear each and every year some in Ohio act like that first winter snow is a new thing.
They forget how to drive in it.
Come on now!
Lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lol. They do the same thing up here. Every time it snows, the ditches are littered with vehicles. And those "new canadians" sporting towels around their heads can't drive $hit through a funnel. I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the transport accidents involve someone who just stepped off a plane from Saudi Arabia and was given a trucking license.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've seen many Canadians down here driving on the interstates and the turnpikes.
Ontario plates usually.
I bet they're extremely nice people.
That's a joke here in Northern Ohio.
Well not really a joke, but often said that those Canadians are too damn nice.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I'm off to Facebook land.
To catch up with what I've missed and to steal good toons from Dennis and the still active conservative feeds.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Well, I'm off to Facebook land.
To catch up with what I've missed and to steal good toons from Dennis and the still active conservative feeds.

I spend too much time there for the same reasons....jokes and political stuff.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
After I check in here morning and night I usually check in at 2 other boards I'm active on. That usually takes less than 30 minutes. No Facebook, no Twitter, no Ebay or anywhere else. Sometimes I feel all alone. Not really. I'm usually too busy with other stuff.

Today, while I was outside checking out the RV and filling up the DEF tank, I heard some horrendous barking. I got my dogs inside and went round back to see what was causing the commotion. A pack of 12 or 15 dogs went streaking down the near side of our lake, barking and baying their heads off. They all had collars on. It was obvious that they were a hunting pack. Then on the opposite side of the lake I see this hog at a flat out gallop. Darn, they're quick. The dogs had turned the end of the lake and were starting back up the far side. The pig jumped in to the lake and swam along the shore for about 100 feet and then came back onshore and took off down the backside of the dam. The dogs reached the point where the pig went in the water and bunched up looking for the scent. It took 2 or 3 minutes for them to figured it out and they took off again but those few minutes were all the pig needed to get away. I don't feel quite so bad about being outsmarted by the hogs that were tearing our place up. I heard the dogs again about an hour later but they were miles away this time. I got in the Gator and drove down to find the guys that were running the dogs. Nice guys, I knew one of them, but I did ask them to give me a call next time before they let the dogs loose so I could get mine inside. One of mine is extremely territorial and she doesn't like anyone or anything in her "space". Unfortunately she thinks the whole property is her "space". When she heard those hunting dogs her hackles came up all the way from her neck to her tail. She was ready to rumble.

All in all, an interesting day.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have never heard of a herd of hunting dogs that large. Course I've only been rabbit hunting with up to three dogs. Never hog huntin. Interesting. Those hogs are big and mean.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have never heard of a herd of hunting dogs that large. Course I've only been rabbit hunting with up to three dogs. Never hog huntin. Interesting. Those hogs are big and mean.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to Defiance after breakfast to see my babies.
It's very windy out there and even snowed a little.
My son Jeff found a dead bald eagle along the side of the road.:sad:
I guess the sheriff stayed until fish and wildlife came to get it.
From there I've been told it goes to a place where it is respectfully disposed of/buried.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Quiet day for a change. Went to the gym at 9. Then physiotherapy at 10:20. I had thoughts of going out window shopping but that's as far as it got. My back is done after the past couple days. Pork tenderloin and perogies are cooking. Just waiting for the troop to come filtering in. Playing some guitar while I wait.

Canadian eh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.